Holland | Central States Drops Pension Cut Bomb

This is criminal in my opinion. It has been a dereliction of duty on the pension fund's part and a dereliction of duty on the Union leadership's part. This was easy to predict with such unbalanced numbers.......and neither party made a move to try to correct it.
There will be a lot of people who get destroyed financially over this pension mess. People trusted the system and made plans accordingly, now the system has failed and people are screwed because of these incompetent fools.

You are correct sir, I know they knew it, because since 2008, I have received letters from Central States, saying future cuts may have to be made. I began preparing, but no one already retired can really get that ready for what is going to be drastic cuts on some and not all. This bill is so discriminatory that it had to be written and planned out with high level help and the way it was pushed thru. :cuss:

Yep.
The "unfunded liability" conversations were taking place over 10 years ago, and they did nothing to try to correct the problem. So now the correction is going to be extremely painful to thousands and thousands of members due to their lack of leadership.

I guess that focusing on organizing the International Brotherhood of Lettuce Pickers hasn't turned out to be such a great idea after all.

I'm screwed just like the rest, but luckily I'm still young and healthy enough to made adjustments. I feel sorry for those that were already retired or getting close to retiring.

Reactions: ESP
have you talked to a non union guy lately? they don't want anything to do with the union. that's the problem, they have always been happy getting less, and they are successfully dragging everyone backwards. truckload carriers USED to be union as well. look at how well that worked out for them! they are making just as much as when they scabbed out the last of the union truckload carriers, 30 years ago.....

have you talked to a non union guy lately? they don't want anything to do with the union. that's the problem, they have always been happy getting less, and they are successfully dragging everyone backwards. truckload carriers USED to be union as well. look at how well that worked out for them! they are making just as much as when they scabbed out the last of the union truckload carriers, 30 years ago.....
How do you figure they are getting less when just about every non union carrier thats ltl makes more per hour and mile than we do it seems like the teamsters not being disrespectful have just given up the fight Holland Yrc New penn and redeaway keep voting yes stand up for your selves and vote no walk out , and demand stuff back

I mean, up until the last 6 years. and there are still a lot of non union carriers that make less, as well as the fact that they may or may not pay overtime, or accessorial pay for line 4 work. common, tell me you don't know a bunch of road drivers at Holland still making 90k + a year?

although I am surprised that at this point, everyone isn't screaming to get that 25% pension contribution traded for an increase in wages, at this point, that 25% seems like throwing money down the toilet, if they are going to chop the pensions down for everyone getting anything significant.

I mean, up until the last 6 years. and there are still a lot of non union carriers that make less, as well as the fact that they may or may not pay overtime, or accessorial pay for line 4 work. common, tell me you don't know a bunch of road drivers at Holland still making 90k + a year?

although I am surprised that at this point, everyone isn't screaming to get that 25% pension contribution traded for an increase in wages, at this point, that 25% seems like throwing money down the toilet, if they are going to chop the pensions down for everyone getting anything significant.
Id rather have a increase in pay vs the pension atlea s t be able to take that extra and put it towards your own retirement

vc4JxcN.jpg
and I agree with Hoffa Sr. on pension cutting plans !!!

How do you figure they are getting less when just about every non union carrier thats ltl makes more per hour and mile than we do it seems like the teamsters not being disrespectful have just given up the fight Holland Yrc New penn and redeaway keep voting yes stand up for your selves and vote no walk out , and demand stuff back

Our company costs are still much higher than the non Union competition.A 4% match on 60 k is 2400 bucks per year.Even with just 25% contributions ours are at around 3500 bucks per year.
Our company pays around 15 grand per year for our insurance,which is better and with much lower deductibles than the non unions.Their companies don't come close to those contributions.
Hardly any pay time and a half.None of them pay for grievances .

Our company costs are still much higher than the non Union competition.A 4% match on 60 k is 2400 bucks per year.Even with just 25% contributions ours are at around 3500 bucks per year.
Our company pays around 15 grand per year for our insurance,which is better and with much lower deductibles than the non unions.Their companies don't come close to those contributions.
Hardly any pay time and a half.None of them pay for grievances .
Yea i hear ya but like i have said b4 you take a 60 hour week we are only 4 hours abead of a,non union carrier based on pay so that guy works A extra 5 hours and he has made more and as far as insurance and 401k they can count on i know for a fact guys at SOUTHEASTERN are only paying around 60$ a week for health dental and vision and there 401k is what ever you want to put into it plus company match just saying who has the better option o yea no 15% and brand new equipment all over the place but its all on what you wana make of it

Yea i hear ya but like i have said b4 you take a 60 hour week we are only 4 hours abead of a,non union carrier based on pay so that guy works A extra 5 hours and he has made more and as far as insurance and 401k they can count on i know for a fact guys at SOUTHEASTERN are only paying around 60$ a week for health dental and vision and there 401k is what ever you want to put into it plus company match just saying who has the better option o yea no 15% and brand new equipment all over the place but its all on what you wana make of it

And you are a dumb hick.

Enjoy your time back at Southeastern. You were never, and will never be a Teamster, you dumb hillbilly. Enjoy your reemployment back at the dumb*"*ck academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your NC education served you well. You are a MORON. Your major was in dumbarse101.

You a lie. I have a buddy who just left SE for abf. When he resigned Healthcare was 94 a week.

This is criminal in my opinion. It has been a dereliction of duty on the pension fund's part and a dereliction of duty on the Union leadership's part. This was easy to predict with such unbalanced numbers.......and neither party made a move to try to correct it.
There will be a lot of people who get destroyed financially over this pension mess. People trusted the system and made plans accordingly, now the system has failed and people are screwed because of these incompetent fools.
I have to fully agree...it's no more than a nightmare for us that spent all these years to receive this kick in the a$$. Lets see here, you can't trust a thief we are learning that the hard way....with our retirements. Let's see they took appox. 300. a week from me or about 15600. yr, as I told one driver ....why would I stay being 5 years from retirement. I am not gaining enough to make it worth my time. If you can't buy benefits...and keep the rest in the bank....something is wrong. I know a lot of men who will be hurt by this and it is going to begin very shortly.

Aint no lie pal for a single person its less thann 60 a week for me the wife and kid im paying 84$ a week compared to the almost 300$ a week holland was taking out my check

And you are a dumb hick.

Enjoy your time back at Southeastern. You were never, and will never be a Teamster, you dumb hillbilly. Enjoy your reemployment back at the dumb*"*ck academy.
Im not going to sit here and argue with you guys but i can tell you this whos the dummy here lets see holland takes 15% out of your check every week you sit there and bust your a$$ 6 to 7 days a week to bring home a pay check you drive junk equipment. Down the road pull junk trailers down the road that is consistently breaking down on the side of the road i dont even know of a freight company that still has 1999 model equipment on the street yrc does nothing but rob you guys and me blind the pension is getting cut and for some folks its not even going to be there and james welch in his letter said (these employes need to understand this 15% cut in pay is here to stay and they need to see past that) so not only are you a dummy but your also getting fkd up the but to so yea ill take a brand new truck 80$ a week for health insurance and 50$ a week into my 401k work my 5 days a week make a little more money and feel happy going down the road for a company who actually cares about what there image looks like and who maintaines there equpiment so drivers arent getting put out of service and getting points put on there dl/dac report so whos the dummy here dummy and yea i purposely did not put any periods in this long outstanding sentence because i know how to read and write english and oh yea the brotherly love over there iv never seen so many dang snitches and cry babies in my life so you can keep your .51c a mile and junk and put it where the sun dont shine o my bad yrc already does that 7 days a week 365 a year and the so called union is about as sorry as they are forget the contract because there is none its yrc way or the highway so go buzz off

Im not going to sit here and argue with you guys but i can tell you this whos the dummy here lets see holland takes 15% out of your check every week you sit there and bust your a$$ 6 to 7 days a week to bring home a pay check you drive junk equipment. Down the road pull junk trailers down the road that is consistently breaking down on the side of the road i dont even know of a freight company that still has 1999 model equipment on the street yrc does nothing but rob you guys and me blind the pension is getting cut and for some folks its not even going to be there and james welch in his letter said (these employes need to understand this 15% cut in pay is here to stay and they need to see past that) so not only are you a dummy but your also getting fkd up the but to so yea ill take a brand new truck 80$ a week for health insurance and 50$ a week into my 401k work my 5 days a week make a little more money and feel happy going down the road for a company who actually cares about what there image looks like and who maintaines there equpiment so drivers arent getting put out of service and getting points put on there dl/dac report so whos the dummy here dummy and yea i purposely did not put any periods in this long outstanding sentence because i know how to read and write english and oh yea the brotherly love over there iv never seen so many dang snitches and cry babies in my life so you can keep your .51c a mile and junk and put it where the sun dont shine o my bad yrc already does that 7 days a week 365 a year and the so called union is about as sorry as they are forget the contract because there is none its yrc way or the highway so go buzz off
TRUE , but the yes sheep can't see beyond , voting yes all the time , and yes the union has sold us out and does not care about us anymore. and sad part is it will never change , we are the lowest paid LTL driver's in the trucking industry period .......................................................

TRUE , but the yes sheep can't see beyond , voting yes all the time , and yes the union has sold us out and does not care about us anymore. and sad part is it will never change , we are the lowest paid LTL driver's in the trucking industry period .......................................................
It all starts with you guys though to raise up and do something about it just talking about this and that aint going to do nothing let that freight sit there a few days them head honchos can take there million dollar + raises but cant give the employees nothing fk that thats what sent me over the edge all these give backs then they claiming there broke then take them big raises i hope every single one of them rot in hell