Holland | Central States Drops Pension Cut Bomb

So you took a pay cut and put your family on scumbag insurance so you could have a shiny truck?
Guess you cant read how is 56c a mile starting out a pay cut compared to holland at 44cpm and top out pay is 60cpm and top at holland is 51cpm i understand the mathematics there but guess you dont and btw insurance is about the same policy compared to teamcare and its with bluecross blue shield just about the exact same maybe explain the better of the 2 there buffalo

Im not going to sit here and argue with you guys but i can tell you this whos the dummy here lets see holland takes 15% out of your check every week you sit there and bust your a$$ 6 to 7 days a week to bring home a pay check you drive junk equipment. Down the road pull junk trailers down the road that is consistently breaking down on the side of the road i dont even know of a freight company that still has 1999 model equipment on the street yrc does nothing but rob you guys and me blind the pension is getting cut and for some folks its not even going to be there and james welch in his letter said (these employes need to understand this 15% cut in pay is here to stay and they need to see past that) so not only are you a dummy but your also getting fkd up the but to so yea ill take a brand new truck 80$ a week for health insurance and 50$ a week into my 401k work my 5 days a week make a little more money and feel happy going down the road for a company who actually cares about what there image looks like and who maintaines there equpiment so drivers arent getting put out of service and getting points put on there dl/dac report so whos the dummy here dummy and yea i purposely did not put any periods in this long outstanding sentence because i know how to read and write english and oh yea the brotherly love over there iv never seen so many dang snitches and cry babies in my life so you can keep your .51c a mile and junk and put it where the sun dont shine o my bad yrc already does that 7 days a week 365 a year and the so called union is about as sorry as they are forget the contract because there is none its yrc way or the highway so go buzz off

You sir, or mam, are a moron. Don't be afraid, Bruce Jenner made the transition, so it should be easier for you now.

It all starts with you guys though to raise up and do something about it just talking about this and that aint going to do nothing let that freight sit there a few days them head honchos can take there million dollar + raises but cant give the employees nothing fk that thats what sent me over the edge all these give backs then they claiming there broke then take them big raises i hope every single one of them rot in hell

Who the FCK are you? You say, "it all starts with you guys to raise up and do something about it". Aren't you the one who just went back to your scab company Southeastern??? So you won't "raise up and do something about", except go back to leechville, aka Southeastern???

Typical RTW state, scab/leech. By the way moron, RTW means right to work, aka leeches who want all the pay and benefits, but without the sacrifice.

So I guess you'll let the Teamster's who stick it out at the Teamster companies, fight to make sure your scab pay stays the same. After all without the Teamsters, your pay at Southeastern would be about .25cpm. You are only paid what you are to keep the Teamster's out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess you cant read how is 56c a mile starting out a pay cut compared to holland at 44cpm and top out pay is 60cpm and top at holland is 51cpm i understand the mathematics there but guess you dont and btw insurance is about the same policy compared to teamcare and its with bluecross blue shield just about the exact same maybe explain the better of the 2 there buffalo

Because 3 months ago, you were whining about how SE doesnt give their guys good miles. Want to work for me?ill pay you a hundred dollars a mile. Take a guess how many miles you're going to run. Get the point?

Your insurance, while a BCBS policy, is not the same.

When you are through with your transition, will you change your name from James, to Caitlyn??

After all without the Teamsters, your pay at Southeastern would be about .25cpm. You are only paid what you are to keep the Teamster's out.
I've always said the same type of thing. However, playing devil's advocate here, if Southeastern was only getting .25 per mile, that would also mean that the Teamster pay would be about .25 cpm also.(minus 15%)
The Teamster's wage has always controlled the pay rate for the LTL industry, but unfortunately the Teamsters have allowed several of the Nons to pass them in the wage column. Thus........failed organizing campaigns. There are a few nons that have a starting pay that is higher than the Teamster's top rate, with the 15% cut.
Shameful to say the least.

You sir, or mam, are a moron. Don't be afraid, Bruce Jenner made the transition, so it should be easier for you now.
So i am a moron for taking a job with a pay raise better equipment and one the dont take 15% out of my check and no one can tell you where that money goes cause it dang sure aint going towards equipment

Who the FCK are you? You say, "it all starts with you guys to raise up and do something about it". Aren't you the one who just went back to your scab company Southeastern??? So you won't "raise up and do something about", except go back to leechville, aka Southeastern???

Typical RTW state, scab/leech. By the way moron, RTW means right to work, aka leeches who want all the pay and benefits, but without the sacrifice.

So I guess you'll let the Teamster's who stick it out at the Teamster companies, fight to make sure your scab pay stays the same. After all without the Teamsters, your pay at Southeastern would be about .25cpm. You are only paid what you are to keep the Teamster's out.
Thats alright ill take my scab pay my scab truck my scab benefits my scab insurance and my 2015 scab volvo and take my scab tale right down the road and here ching ching ching every time i pass a mile post and not have to worry at the end of the week ole fk how much are these bastards gona take this week you and bill are a total joke yall probably one of them yes boys that couldn't hold a job at kfc

Because 3 months ago, you were whining about how SE doesnt give their guys good miles. Want to work for me?ill pay you a hundred dollars a mile. Take a guess how many miles you're going to run. Get the point?
Stuff has changed in the past 3 months to i been running on average here the past 3 weeks right at 2600 miles in 5 days not going to sit here and argue with you about it bottom line yall are getting fkd over there lowest paying freight company out there is what im trying to,explain to you and wtfmaster you getting fkd so bad Stevie Wonder can see it how do you feel about 15% coming out your check and no one can tell you where,it :) going come on dude get real then them high ups take million dollar raises and dont give the employees squat you think thats A ok you must have the brain of a deer not to freaking bright

Your insurance, while a BCBS policy, is not the same.

When you are through with your transition, will you change your name from James, to Caitlyn??
Didnt say the same bird brain i said about the same and watch what you say about Caitlyn her dang ck might be bigger than yours

I've always said the same type of thing. However, playing devil's advocate here, if Southeastern was only getting .25 per mile, that would also mean that the Teamster pay would be about .25 cpm also.(minus 15%)
The Teamster's wage has always controlled the pay rate for the LTL industry, but unfortunately the Teamsters have allowed several of the Nons to pass them in the wage column. Thus........failed organizing campaigns. There are a few nons that have a starting pay that is higher than the Teamster's top rate, with the 15% cut.
Shameful to say the least.

the teamsters still hold the top wages in freight, its just not going to be under an NMFA style contract anymore. ups freight is higher than everyone by a large margin. but they don't have the work rules that were enjoyed by an NMFA regulated trucking contract. the "its almost as good" mentality of the non union drivers have been the slow death of the NMFA. realistically, we should be looking at the UPSF contract and comparing it to what we have, as there are certain work rules here that will cost the company money, but it won't make you any money every week in your check, as well.

around here, white paper contract local companies still pay better than the non union competition by a good amount, so its pretty easy to see the difference that having a union makes. in local foodservice, the difference can be almost 10$ an hour. same with dump truck/redi mix.

Stuff has changed in the past 3 months to i been running on average here the past 3 weeks right at 2600 miles in 5 days not going to sit here and argue with you about it bottom line yall are getting fkd over there lowest paying freight company out there is what im trying to,explain to you and wtfmaster you getting fkd so bad Stevie Wonder can see it how do you feel about 15% coming out your check and no one can tell you where,it :) going come on dude get real then them high ups take million dollar raises and dont give the employees squat you think thats A ok you must have the brain of a deer not to freaking bright

the only thing that has changed is you are talking out of your ass, once again. I thought you wanted the yellow freight sterling with the usf door on it? you quit cuz they didn't give it to you?

the teamsters still hold the top wages in freight,............
Sorry Bro, but we deal with facts here, not just rhetoric that comes from the Teamster Magazine and Hoffa's opening monologue inside the front cover.

Other than UPS, the Teamster represented companies DO NOT have the top wages anymore. That's a fact, not opinion. It's also a fact that some of the nons have a STARTING wage that is higher than what you are getting when at top scale, minus the 15%. Yes. You read that right. Their starting pay is higher than your top rate, minus the 15%.

ups freight is STILL freight, I know people don't want to face that fact, but its true. and its hard to have the upper hand with the NMFA, when a majority of the carriers have cheaper insurance, no pension plan to pay into (I know its ****ed, don't bother posting how bad its ****ed), and they may OR may not pay ot after 40, or AT ALL. plus they wont ever pay for a grievance, or even to fight a grievance. and if they make a payroll mistake, they might pay it, or they might not, after the driver shrugs it off, since he supposedly makes so much money anyway.

for what the non union drivers say they make, the numbers don't wash. I know of many drivers still making close or over 100k at Holland, other drivers give numbers close to that, but none over that. for the "big" pay difference they supposedly have, they SHOULD be making over 110k a year. but I see the numbers they brag about, and they either ARE NOT getting the work, or they are getting screwed on their pay, week by week. I can go be a Teamster at Cassens and make 1.24 a mile, guess what, im going to get 250-300 miles a night. see where that goes?

ups freight is STILL freight, I know people don't want to face that fact, but its true. and its hard to have the upper hand with the NMFA, when a majority of the carriers have cheaper insurance, no pension plan to pay into (I know its ****ed, don't bother posting how bad its ****ed), and they may OR may not pay ot after 40, or AT ALL. plus they wont ever pay for a grievance, or even to fight a grievance. and if they make a payroll mistake, they might pay it, or they might not, after the driver shrugs it off, since he supposedly makes so much money anyway.

for what the non union drivers say they make, the numbers don't wash. I know of many drivers still making close or over 100k at Holland, other drivers give numbers close to that, but none over that. for the "big" pay difference they supposedly have, they SHOULD be making over 110k a year. but I see the numbers they brag about, and they either ARE NOT getting the work, or they are getting screwed on their pay, week by week. I can go be a Teamster at Cassens and make 1.24 a mile, guess what, im going to get 250-300 miles a night. see where that goes?
Your right bill. The nons outside of OD and Estes don't run an open board or does but very limited. So they pay high on the mile but drivers never see it due work dock, PT runs and short bids moving loads to relay center. AAA cooper I used to run for pay 56.5 cpm outside of top 4 of road board is work the dock runs or team bid majority never see difference.

Sorry Bro, but we deal with facts here, not just rhetoric that comes from the Teamster Magazine and Hoffa's opening monologue inside the front cover.

Other than UPS, the Teamster represented companies DO NOT have the top wages anymore. That's a fact, not opinion. It's also a fact that some of the nons have a STARTING wage that is higher than what you are getting when at top scale, minus the 15%. Yes. You read that right. Their starting pay is higher than your top rate, minus the 15%.
When you figure in the total compensation package name a non-union company that makes more.

`I remember when Hoffa was on the cover saying we had the best contract ever.! Things have changed and not for the drivers in any way shape or form. When 24 year man calls me up and ask me how it is to work here.....saying that their leaving 30-40 pick ups in the city each day and they don't have an empty trailer due to the fact they didn't break 600-800 bills the night before.! It's as bad as he has seen it and he has had enough. He said for 15% he would be able to buy whatever benefits chooses.! " Yrc will put a padlock on the gate when their done with us...I'm outta here.! " This is not the first time I have heard this from one of my brothers.! The bottom line is that you have to do what is best for you and your family...peroid.!

When you figure in the total compensation package name a non-union company that makes more.
Depends on the value you put in stability,especially when comparing them to YRC companies.Its mostly a mentality issue,though.You guys like what you have and we like what we have.Neither is gonna be 100% satisfied but I dont think union or non-union guys are knocking the door down to try to change to the other.I make .60 a mile with good benefits and a matching 401K.I would like to make hourly pay too,but not enough to leave where im at.

Thats alright ill take my scab pay my scab truck my scab benefits my scab insurance and my 2015 scab volvo and take my scab tale right down the road and here ching ching ching every time i pass a mile post and not have to worry at the end of the week ole fk how much are these bastards gona take this week you and bill are a total joke yall probably one of them yes boys that couldn't hold a job at kfc
I wouldn't buy a Volvo ugly cars,...oh you mean the truck you drive, their ugly also