Yellow | Central States Pension Fund Rescue Plan

MY, My, My, you do have an interesting case. This is what is going to make the Orphan issue unique. Will Roadway be listed as a company that went under? Now that YRCW is only paying 25% into the pension, Will that make all of YRCW Teamsters Orphans, or partial Orphans? Very, Very interesting case, Maybe KK will come on and try to shed some light on this. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep in mind you will take a cut of some kind, unless he is over 80. The letter in June or July, will be the deciding pages of your Fate.

E, last I received from CSPF says YRCW is in 'rehabilitation' status. I suspect subject to 30% cut. Unless they prove they can't, I assume. Then you and I both are orphaned

Reactions: ESP
E, last I received from CSPF says YRCW is in 'rehabilitation' status. I suspect subject to 30% cut. Unless they prove they can't, I assume. Then you and I both are orphaned

I know of an old, abandoned orphanage that's available. Maybe we can all chip in and buy it, spruce it up, and all live there happily ever after. :smile new:

St.-Aemilian-pre-1894.jpg

Yes he would be an orphan, CF was his last employer that contributed to the fund.

The only way he could have escaped this was to put enough contributory time (180 days) in with another employer in good standing paying into the fund.
Now maybe just over thinking this but.....according to Freight Jocky after 180 days with the new employer you are able to escape being considered an orphan. Ok sounds good but....after reading the posting of the statute made earlier by Imported-Pamlico the law states that "benefit suspensions will first be applied to the maximum extent permissible to benefits attributable to a participants service for an employer which withdrew from the plan and failed to pay (or is delinquent with respect to paying) the full amount of its withdrawal liability under section 4201 (b) (1) or an agreement with the plan"

So if you worked for a carrier who left the plan and then you went to work for a new employer who is still in the plan will your "benefits attributable" to the first employer be figured at a different orphan rate from those "benefits attributable" to the new employer? Anotherwards a hybrid pension figured partially as an orphan and part not?

Now maybe just over thinking this but.....according to Freight Jocky after 180 days with the new employer you are able to escape being considered an orphan. Ok sounds good but....after reading the posting of the statute made earlier by Imported-Pamlico the law states that "benefit suspensions will first be applied to the maximum extent permissible to benefits attributable to a participants service for an employer which withdrew from the plan and failed to pay (or is delinquent with respect to paying) the full amount of its withdrawal liability under section 4201 (b) (1) or an agreement with the plan"

So if you worked for a carrier who left the plan and then you went to work for a new employer who is still in the plan will your "benefits attributable" to the first employer be figured at a different orphan rate from those "benefits attributable" to the new employer? Anotherwards a hybrid pension figured partially as an orphan and part not?

Excellent observation and great question. :1036316054:

Why are we even discussing what THEY (CSPF) is contemplating on doing to the retirees? I haven't seen any sort of internal auditing and investigation into how all that money disappeared. It's almost like let's punish those that had no control or fiduciary responsibility over these funds.There is still time.Maybe some things can be discovered.Besides the old cliche
about too many taking and not paying in.

Exactly who will be saved if the CS Rescue Plan is approved? Number 1 of course will be Mr. Nyhan. He will retain the $200,000+ salary that he gets from the pension fund. (Does not count what he gets from the H&W side). And let not forget CS lawyers. CS employs 26+ lawyers. Some making $200,000 plus. It will also save the pages and pages of investment firms that offer their "services". Last it will "save" the Teamster who gave up wage increases so his pension might better be funded. The Teamster who got up in the middle of a snowy night to drive 500 miles to Chicago so a person at a store would have merchandise to sell the next day. It will "save" the dockworker who worked all night in 10 degree weather so the truck could leave on time in the morning. Yes the CS Rescue Plan will save a lot of people. It will "save" the Teamster who is 2 years away from retirement who now faces a dark future. It will "save" the Teamsters who are still working. They will be "saved" from a future where they could depend on a pension. I guess, in closing, we can all thank CS for "saving" us!!!!

I know of an old, abandoned orphanage that's available. Maybe we can all chip in and buy it, spruce it up, and all live there happily ever after. :smile new:

St.-Aemilian-pre-1894.jpg

A regular 'chateau.' Our own 'Downton Abbey!' Would we be the 'heads' of household or the 'staff?'

OH! no dad, you were going to adopt me, what am I to do now?:crybaby:

No thanks. I have woods and a stream. And plenty of guns....
OK, Ok OK, I am ready, :1sm364jumpbed: I have guns for fighting and hunting, together we shall prevail. I also have my hunting dog, Brutus, not to mention my wife. Are you willing to take all three of us? Let the good times roll, who needs a pension?:violin:

The ORPHAN, issue alone will bring down the whole box of cards. I say do away with the issue and treat us all equal and that alone will keep the lawyers for the most part away. I know some will say this law had a provision in it, that said the CS,(Wow, those letters can mean so much), can not be held accountable for their actions and no lawsuits. That will not stop the lawyers from taking action anyway. That in itself will cost big bucks. Everyone is a teamster and this plan was weakened by what ever means. The Plan is going to be saved on the backs of the Teamsters, not any company, not our country, not taxpayers to us. NO ONE BUT US!. What ever it takes to right the ship at whatever percentage it takes, but fair and equal across the board. That is still an option, except for the 80 and over and the Disabled pension people, that is written in the law. I am not a lawyer, but I have every right to act like one. :bat:

Well I am on a roll this morning.:guinesssmilie: I just heard from Obama, he told me to tell Jimmy G, "That he has his guns and he can keep them, but no ammo." He also said" that since G. has so much land, he will be stripped of most of it to give equal parts to those who do not have any". The little pension he will get, will still be taxed to help those who will never ever get a pension. :biglaugh::lmao: he must also share the :drama:

I was recently asked how many companies pay into CS?

2013 1663 Contributors
2012 1831
2011 1904
2010 2057
2009 2178
Nobody is disputing the facts as you have stated. I am concerned with the using of discrimination in deciding who gets cut first and foremost and by how much. No one group should be singled out and cut first. All cuts should be in place at the same time. Or I would think no thought went into this as to how it would work. Try this, if not enough, try this. I call that bull and Discrimination. ORPHANS cannot shoulder this burden alone. :cuss::emoticon digging:

Well I am on a roll this morning.:guinesssmilie: I just heard from Obama, he told me to tell Jimmy G, "That he has his guns and he can keep them, but no ammo." He also said" that since G. has so much land, he will be stripped of most of it to give equal parts to those who do not have any". The little pension he will get, will still be taxed to help those who will never ever get a pension. :biglaugh::lmao: he must also share the :drama:
Where's the DISLIKE button?

Nobody is disputing the facts as you have stated. I am concerned with the using of discrimination in deciding who gets cut first and foremost and by how much. No one group should be singled out and cut first. All cuts should be in place at the same time. Or I would think no thought went into this as to how it would work. Try this, if not enough, try this. I call that bull and Discrimination. ORPHANS cannot shoulder this burden alone. :cuss::emoticon digging:
Bill your out of biz company for the rest...