Yellow | Central States Pension Fund Rescue Plan

That post has nothing to do with 'the problem is we promised more than we can afford, and no one wants left out of the liferaft';
Most of your posts have nothing to do with the thread topic so what are you complaining about? Did someone hit a sore spot with the truth?

Most of your posts have nothing to do with the thread topic so what are you complaining about? Did someone hit a sore spot with the truth?
Never in your posts. Yours are 99% seeing things unsaid with no evidence backing your opinion. I almost never see where you come up with those strange thoughts of yours, except the daily Democrat talking points...

Abfer, one of the largest Teamster Unions in the USA has (last I heard, maybe he changed registration since?) a Republican as a President... I'm guessing you didn't know that? And my Local has more members that think like me than like you... I post it because you stereotype people into your little box. Reality is entirely different...

Last edited:
my .situation is identical. to theirs.....

Jimmy... Your situation is not exactly like the guys that are retired and drawing their pensions.... Yes you have time vested towards a pension for some point in the future...but your not like the Retired Person relying on a Pension as a part, or all, of your income...... Many of whom are beyond the age of getting another job....or have health problems......etc.... and a deep cut would be devastating for them......

I understand that your pension, when your able to collect, is going to be subject to being cut as others pensions are...but that does not equate to your situation as being "identical" to the already retired workers....

Jimmy... Your situation is not exactly like the guys that are retired and drawing their pensions.... Yes you have time vested towards a pension for some point in the future...but your not like the Retired Person relying on a Pension as a part, or all, of your income...... Many of whom are beyond the age of getting another job....or have health problems......etc.... and a deep cut would be devastating for them......

I understand that your pension, when your able to collect, is going to be subject to being cut as others pensions are...but that does not equate to your situation as being "identical" to the already retired workers....
There were 150-200 Indy city/dock workers who had to move on to other jobs with the merger. I'm guessing thousands nationwide. But certain individuals who are popular on this forum decided that people in my situation 'cut and ran, forcing others to fight my fight'. Those people are some of the most ignorant small-minded I've ever encountered.

For the matter of comparison, my situation is identical in that both retired and vested have their pension earned, and neither still works at the company at which their pension was earned. Neither retired nor vested have more payments going to the fund. Both retired and vested have letters of promise from CSPF stating their locked in promised rate of benefit. So its completely locigal to say that my situation, for matters of discussion, is identical to that of a retiree. Outside pay and or jobs are not part of the discussion. Many retirees also have side income, so that's beside the point... Argue the merits, not emotion....

There were 150-200 Indy city/dock workers who had to move on to other jobs with the merger. I'm guessing thousands nationwide.

What does this have to do with my post?? The Indy workers you cite who have moved on to other jobs have nothing to do with my post......or your situation...

But certain individuals who are popular on this forum decided that people in my situation 'cut and ran, forcing others to fight my fight'.

Okay....Now what does this have to do with anything in my post that you responded to??...and further, explain how your leaving your job "forced" others to fight your fight?..... I read the comment that your referring to and no one said anything about being "Forced" to do anything due to your resigning your job.... besides.....I hadn't realized this is a popularity contest....

Those people are some of the most ignorant small-minded I've ever encountered.

Oh come now......I don't always agree with everything they say.......but "small minded" and "ignorant" do not come to mind when I think of those that you refer to..... Why the insults when you disagree with someone....?

For the matter of comparison, my situation is identical in that both retired and vested have their pension earned, and neither still works at the company at which their pension was earned. Neither retired nor vested have more payments going to the fund. Both retired and vested have letters of promise from CSPF stating their locked in promised rate of benefit.

Okay...now were getting somewhere.....at least this relates to my post...... The points you bring out are very basic and do not support your position that your situation and circumstances are "identical".....Yes, you have a vested pension for the time you were in the Union..You resigned and now work elsewhere......that is not Identical to BEING retired and having your benefits slashed at a point when your using them as a means to support yourself.....

So its completely locigal to say that my situation, for matters of discussion, is identical to that of a retiree.
No it's not completely logical...not even remotely logical.....

Outside pay and or jobs are not part of the discussion. Many retirees also have side income, so that's beside the point... ....

I didn't say anything about "outside pay"or "jobs".... you added that...and then say it's not part of the discussion....and then proceed to discuss the "many retirees" that have a "side income".... but then mention your comments are beside the point.....all in two sentences... What is going on...are you ok?? .... . Here is the bottom line, as it were..... You have vested time in the Union for the years you put in.......your still working.......You haven't meant the requirements for drawing your vested pension.... That is NOT identical to that of a Retiree who has meant the requirements and is Retired and Drawing their earned Pension.....

Argue the merits, not emotion....

Emotion?.... My post that you responded to contained the reality of the difference between your circumstance and those of a Retiree on Pension facing deep cuts...... Nothing emotional about that....only your emotional response....which reeks of emotion and precious little "merit".... Not that showing or having emotions is a bad thing...... but don't objurgate others for "emotion" then post an emotion filled reply as a response...

What does this have to do with my post?? The Indy workers you cite who have moved on to other jobs have nothing to do with my post......or your situation...

Okay....Now what does this have to do with anything in my post that you responded to??...and further, explain how your leaving your job "forced" others to fight your fight?..... I read the comment that your referring to and no one said anything about being "Forced" to do anything due to your resigning your job.... besides.....I hadn't realized this is a popularity contest....

Oh come now......I don't always agree with everything they say.......but "small minded" and "ignorant" do not come to mind when I think of those that you refer to..... Why the insults when you disagree with someone....?

Okay...now were getting somewhere.....at least this relates to my post...... The points you bring out are very basic and do not support your position that your situation and circumstances are "identical".....Yes, you have a vested pension for the time you were in the Union..You resigned and now work elsewhere......that is not Identical to BEING retired and having your benefits slashed at a point when your using them as a means to support yourself.....

No it's not completely logical...not even remotely logical.....

I didn't say anything about "outside pay"or "jobs".... you added that...and then say it's not part of the discussion....and then proceed to discuss the "many retirees" that have a "side income".... but then mention your comments are beside the point.....all in two sentences... What is going on...are you ok?? .... . Here is the bottom line, as it were..... You have vested time in the Union for the years you put in.......your still working.......You haven't meant the requirements for drawing your vested pension.... That is NOT identical to that of a Retiree who has meant the requirements and is Retired and Drawing their earned Pension.....

Emotion?.... My post that you responded to contained the reality of the difference between your circumstance and those of a Retiree on Pension facing deep cuts...... Nothing emotional about that....only your emotional response....which reeks of emotion and precious little "merit".... Not that showing or having emotions is a bad thing...... but don't objurgate others for "emotion" then post an emotion filled reply as a response...
I'm figuring you haven't understood the deep disgust several (on I'll name some- abfer, papjohn, KK, longblade, wongway, bigtruk) appear to have for me being 'opposite'? (How, I cannot see, for we're all Teamsters? I don't understand that mentality. I don't understand jealousy, hate, or anger. So I post differently, and apparently that's upsetting? I don't get it???), and for whatever reason, you've inserted yourself into the discussion??? Those mentioned either don't know the facts of 'my situation' that they comment on (thus, yes, ignorant) or are judging based on their prejudices- thus small-minded. That's why I posted it- not based on emotion...

My situation (and yes- thousands of others who are vested were FORCED by YRCW by the merger to move on is exactly the same as retirees because we no longer do work here. As I said, there were at least 150 below me in seniority who had no choice either. We had the chance to work approx 3 wks a year if that for 4 yrs, had we not resigned. Anyone with a cdl moved on....

Therefore, it is completely logical to say that our situations and retirees situations are identical when it comes to KK running away with his 'you cut and ran and others are forrced to fight your fight' which is pure BS. If that's the case, well, retirees resigned exactly as did I. Neither of us has a company still paying in. Neither of us can be rehired with our past seniority. And pilot, the side income was inserted by you. You said the reason I was different was because a retiree had to live on his pension, I didn't. I know many retirees who have side jobs. Many who have Full Time side jobs that earn a second pension. So, the fact that I'm vested and not relying solely on the pension is beside the point, even tho, yes- it was You who inserted it...
Pilot, you're commenting on posts unseen because this goes back more than a year with more than a half dozen people and you're trying to refer to one post. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

We're all teamsters, all wanting exactly the same thing. Just different in that, on this forum, if you aren't 'horrah, let's shut er down', but instead, look at facts, and figures- you're branded as 'cut and run' , scab, troublemaker, being carried, and any number of things. Guess I'll go eat dirt...

Last edited:
CS has repeatedly told us that the government will not bailout the PBGC. In the FY2016 budget there is a provision to transfer money from the government to the PBGC to bailout the United Mine Workers Pension. They are in worse shape than CS. I am glad they are getting help. They have something like 15 retirees to 1 active. I have enclosed a link so you can read the full story. The provision to help is on page 4.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/de...ies-workers-and-technology-the-power-plan.pdf

We all got hosed. Life isn't fair. How we deal with it reveals our character. Papa j got hosed by the pension rules changing. KK got it by his and his family's health. Longblade got it from YRC Gallagher Bassett. I got it by yellow screwing Preston, then again when laid off by the merger, told to quit my replacement job for two weeks of work and be laid off again or resign. No one is shooting at us. No one is beheading us. Compared to most, we're in high cotton.

No retiree or vested guy draws a benefit that someone else's job doesn't supply the funds for. Same as SSI. We've been promised things that are unsustainable. It will be changed or collapse. Its not worth hating over...

OHHHHHH! Boy, here we go, teamster against teamster. I said this a couple of weeks ago. No one wants cuts, period. Different reports all of the time. Fund to last, 8 to 17 years, who is right? Yes, some retiree's have part time jobs. Many of those retiree's make so little that they need to work. Our pensions do not get raises, inflation hurts after time. I, like Big Truk, believe an audit from an independent source should be done. If I had 300 thousand in an IRA or 401k, then after I retired they told me it would no longer pay out what I thought I was going to get, you better believe I would look into that. I am not saying there is that much wrong doing, but lets be sure of it. The fund is what it is, but do we really know what it is? I am going to repeat this again and again until I get it right. WE ARE ALL TEAMSTERS, WE NEED TO BE TREATED ALIKE IN THIS REFORM TO GET THE PENSION RIGHT. WHAT EVER THE PERCENTAGE OF CUT, IT SHOULD BE SHARED ACROSS THE BOARD, ACTIVE AND RETIRED. NO EXCEPTIONS. RIGHT IS RIGHT AND FAIR IS FAIR. I DO NOT CARE IF YOUR COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS OR NOT THE RETIREES DID NOT CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. IT IS UP TO ALL OF US TO SEE THAT ALL CUTS ARE TO BE PUT IN PLACE AT THE SAME TIME TO BENEFIT THE PLAN. SINGLEING OUT ANY ONE GROUP IS DISCRIMINATORY. We have some tough days ahead and I see anger getting the best of many. God Bless us all.

I'm figuring you haven't understood the deep disgust several (on I'll name some- abfer, papjohn, KK, longblade, wongway, bigtruk) appear to have for me being 'opposite'? (How, I cannot see, for we're all Teamsters? I don't understand that mentality. I don't understand jealousy, hate, or anger. So I post differently, and apparently that's upsetting? I don't get it???), and for whatever reason, you've inserted yourself into the discussion??? Those mentioned either don't know the facts of 'my situation' that they comment on (thus, yes, ignorant) or are judging based on their prejudices- thus small-minded. That's why I posted it- not based on emotion...

My situation (and yes- thousands of others who are vested were FORCED by YRCW by the merger to move on is exactly the same as retirees because we no longer do work here. As I said, there were at least 150 below me in seniority who had no choice either. We had the chance to work approx 3 wks a year if that for 4 yrs, had we not resigned. Anyone with a cdl moved on....

Therefore, it is completely logical to say that our situations and retirees situations are identical when it comes to KK running away with his 'you cut and ran and others are forrced to fight your fight' which is pure BS. If that's the case, well, retirees resigned exactly as did I. Neither of us has a company still paying in. Neither of us can be rehired with our past seniority. And pilot, the side income was inserted by you. You said the reason I was different was because a retiree had to live on his pension, I didn't. I know many retirees who have side jobs. Many who have Full Time side jobs that earn a second pension. So, the fact that I'm vested and not relying solely on the pension is beside the point, even tho, yes- it was You who inserted it...
Pilot, you're commenting on posts unseen because this goes back more than a year with more than a half dozen people and you're trying to refer to one post. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

We're all teamsters, all wanting exactly the same thing. Just different in that, on this forum, if you aren't 'horrah, let's shut er down', but instead, look at facts, and figures- you're branded as 'cut and run' , scab, troublemaker, being carried, and any number of things. Guess I'll go eat dirt...

I didn't know you ate dirt.....KK

I didn't know you ate dirt.....KK
I ate a lot of it as a kid. Doctor told my parents it was a salt deficiency, so they forced me to eat salt instead. Today I won't go near salt (or dirt). There are cultures that eat dirt. Full of minerals...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophagy

I haul out of these guys. 43 products and all made from dirt or salt.

http://www.redmondnatural.com/products/

Everything from vitamins to toothpaste to soap... Mostly salt blocks for herds.

Last edited:
I am still popular. My dog still wags his tail when I come in the door.

By the way the new pension law did have some good aspects in it. Any participant can get information from the fund. Here is a link that describes the changes.

http://www.lindquistcpa.com/Multiem...4-Increases-Required-Disclosures-03122015.htm

Hopefully we have someone on our side who is already getting information and looking into how the fund has been handled. Perhaps TDU, the Pension Rights Center, AARP, or others are using the new law for our benefit. If not, any individual participant can request information and have it analyzed by an independent source.

I'm figuring you haven't understood the deep disgust several (on I'll name some- abfer, papjohn, KK, longblade, wongway, bigtruk) appear to have for me being 'opposite'?

I've read some of the exchanges..... If you will recall on another forum there are way more than "several" that seem to have a deep disgust of me for being "opposite" in view point.... So, sure I understand....but I don't go getting bent out of shape due to it either.... Relax..this is not a popularity contest....

(How, I cannot see, for we're all Teamsters? I don't understand that mentality. I don't understand jealousy, hate, or anger. So I post differently, and apparently that's upsetting? I don't get it???),

Just because you may all be Teamsters does not mean you all have to think alike....that is not so hard to understand....and you say you don't understand "jealousy, hate or anger"..... at the risk of your disapproval, I will say this....Everyone knows and understands those very powerful emotions...including you..... You don't "post differently"....you just post your opinions and views....like everyone else....not so different is it.....
..... " apparently that's upsetting? I don't get it???)"... You "don't get it"??? sure you do....Are you telling me that you've never been upset at something I posted in reply to your posts??

and for whatever reason, you've inserted yourself into the discussion???

Jimmy, this is an open and public forum....and just so you know the reason that I've "inserted" myself in to the conversation is because of your claim that your situation is "Identical" to that of a Retiree on Pension....and I only expressed my opinion that your assertions are not totally correct....
Let me ask you...Have you ever inserted yourself into a discussion between myself and another poster?.... or anyone else??.. yes you have...and that is quite alright....as I mentioned..this is a public and open forum....if you want to have a private conversation there are means to do that on here....

Those mentioned either don't know the facts of 'my situation' that they comment on (thus, yes, ignorant) or are judging based on their prejudices- thus small-minded. That's why I posted it- not based on emotion...

Jimmy, you've posted your "situation" here on quite a few occasions ..... if that is an incomplete picture of your true situation then correct them by presenting the bigger picture of your situation.....they can only comment on what you've let be known .......you can't call them "ignorant" for that....and conversely if you have stated your situation fully and they don't agree....that doesn't make them "prejudice"...or "small minded".....
When you feel the need to insult someone....yes that is based on Emotion....If your feel that upset as to insult...that is an emotional response....but like I said previous.....there is nothing wrong with emotion....don't hide from it.... we all form opinions based on Emotions....it's human to do so....

My situation (and yes- thousands of others who are vested were FORCED by YRCW by the merger to move on is exactly the same as retirees because we no longer do work here.

There is a vast difference between the situation that you were in as regards YRC........ While it true that the merger created hardships on employees...including layoffs.....but that is NOT the same thing as retiring.... Yes Retirees and people that were laid off, and eventually choose not to accept a recall for whatever reason, are not working for YRC....but that is the end of the similarity....But if you still wish to think of yourself as being exactly like the Retirees...then go ahead.....Doesn't change my life in anyway.....

Therefore, it is completely logical to say that our situations and retirees situations are identical when it comes to KK running away with his 'you cut and ran and others are forrced to fight your fight' which is pure BS.

Once again....last time.....NO it is not "logical" to say that your situation is "Identical" to the Retirees..... KK never stated that your choice in leaving YRC or the Union "forced" others to fight your fight.....he said...and I'm paraphrasing, that your "cut and run" left others to fight your fight while you get the benefit of it......(KK if that doesn't reflect the essence of your statement please correct me).....

And pilot, the side income was inserted by you. You said the reason I was different was because a retiree had to live on his pension, I didn't. I know many retirees who have side jobs. Many who have Full Time side jobs that earn a second pension. So, the fact that I'm vested and not relying solely on the pension is beside the point, even tho, yes- it was You who inserted it...

No Jimmy... I didn't bring up side jobs.... to refresh your memory this is what I said..."but your not like the Retired Person relying on a Pension as a part, or all, of your income...... Many of whom are beyond the age of getting another job....or have health problems......etc.... and a deep cut would be devastating for them......" And my point about your not living off a pension is valid....because if your situation was "Identical" to a retiree...then you would be...but since your not.....your situation in life is NOT the same...

Your right..many Retirees work Full or part time for many different reasons...but that is not germaine to the issue of Pension cuts....the older a Retiree gets the likelihood of them working gets less....and a deep cut at that point in a persons life can be devastating.....

Pilot, you're commenting on posts unseen because this goes back more than a year with more than a half dozen people and you're trying to refer to one post.

No Jimmy, I'm not commenting on any post that I have not seen..... I only commented on your one post in which you claimed your situation was identical to a Retirees.....

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

On that point yes we will..... Just as we always seem to do on most things....but that is how it goes and that is what makes this forum so interesting is the differences of opinion and the sometimes spirited "debate" that goes along with it......

Take care Jimmy and don't take things to personal.... I doubt that anyone has branded you a "troublemaker" or any of the other things you mentioned...other than KK said "cut and run" in reference to your leaving YRC...but like I said...Don't let that get to you......

Be safe Jimmy..... and I'm done with this topic....so if you want the last word...go for it.....and don't choke on the dirt...and try and eat only organic dirt if you must...

We all should demand an investigation.Internal auditing should commence before any cuts.Every transaction should be analyzed.It seems odd that they the politicians and powers to be.Are pressing for and allowing these cuts.As if it's our fault.The working people who siphoned the money.Look inside before pressing any of us to lose anything.That is the fair and just solution.

Be safe pilot. I disagree with your post, but be safe and live long...
.....and prosper.
spock.jpg

I've read some of the exchanges..... If you will recall on another forum there are way more than "several" that seem to have a deep disgust of me for being "opposite" in view point.... So, sure I understand....but I don't go getting bent out of shape due to it either.... Relax..this is not a popularity contest....

Just because you may all be Teamsters does not mean you all have to think alike....that is not so hard to understand....and you say you don't understand "jealousy, hate or anger"..... at the risk of your disapproval, I will say this....Everyone knows and understands those very powerful emotions...including you..... You don't "post differently"....you just post your opinions and views....like everyone else....not so different is it.....
..... " apparently that's upsetting? I don't get it???)"... You "don't get it"??? sure you do....Are you telling me that you've never been upset at something I posted in reply to your posts??

Jimmy, this is an open and public forum....and just so you know the reason that I've "inserted" myself in to the conversation is because of your claim that your situation is "Identical" to that of a Retiree on Pension....and I only expressed my opinion that your assertions are not totally correct....
Let me ask you...Have you ever inserted yourself into a discussion between myself and another poster?.... or anyone else??.. yes you have...and that is quite alright....as I mentioned..this is a public and open forum....if you want to have a private conversation there are means to do that on here....

Jimmy, you've posted your "situation" here on quite a few occasions ..... if that is an incomplete picture of your true situation then correct them by presenting the bigger picture of your situation.....they can only comment on what you've let be known .......you can't call them "ignorant" for that....and conversely if you have stated your situation fully and they don't agree....that doesn't make them "prejudice"...or "small minded".....
When you feel the need to insult someone....yes that is based on Emotion....If your feel that upset as to insult...that is an emotional response....but like I said previous.....there is nothing wrong with emotion....don't hide from it.... we all form opinions based on Emotions....it's human to do so....

There is a vast difference between the situation that you were in as regards YRC........ While it true that the merger created hardships on employees...including layoffs.....but that is NOT the same thing as retiring.... Yes Retirees and people that were laid off, and eventually choose not to accept a recall for whatever reason, are not working for YRC....but that is the end of the similarity....But if you still wish to think of yourself as being exactly like the Retirees...then go ahead.....Doesn't change my life in anyway.....

Once again....last time.....NO it is not "logical" to say that your situation is "Identical" to the Retirees..... KK never stated that your choice in leaving YRC or the Union "forced" others to fight your fight.....he said...and I'm paraphrasing, that your "cut and run" left others to fight your fight while you get the benefit of it......(KK if that doesn't reflect the essence of your statement please correct me).....

No Jimmy... I didn't bring up side jobs.... to refresh your memory this is what I said..."but your not like the Retired Person relying on a Pension as a part, or all, of your income...... Many of whom are beyond the age of getting another job....or have health problems......etc.... and a deep cut would be devastating for them......" And my point about your not living off a pension is valid....because if your situation was "Identical" to a retiree...then you would be...but since your not.....your situation in life is NOT the same...

Your right..many Retirees work Full or part time for many different reasons...but that is not germaine to the issue of Pension cuts....the older a Retiree gets the likelihood of them working gets less....and a deep cut at that point in a persons life can be devastating.....

No Jimmy, I'm not commenting on any post that I have not seen..... I only commented on your one post in which you claimed your situation was identical to a Retirees.....

On that point yes we will..... Just as we always seem to do on most things....but that is how it goes and that is what makes this forum so interesting is the differences of opinion and the sometimes spirited "debate" that goes along with it......

Take care Jimmy and don't take things to personal.... I doubt that anyone has branded you a "troublemaker" or any of the other things you mentioned...other than KK said "cut and run" in reference to your leaving YRC...but like I said...Don't let that get to you......

Be safe Jimmy..... and I'm done with this topic....so if you want the last word...go for it.....and don't choke on the dirt...and try and eat only organic dirt if you must...
Be safe pilot. I disagree with your post, but be safe and live long...
I agree with his post. I see it as well thought out, well articulated and spot on.
Here's to a long and prosperous life for all. :guiness::grouphug: