Yellow | CHANGE DOSENT ADD UP ????? feedback add your thoughts

cellblock309

TB Regular
Credits
I WAS PUT IN eol becuase yellow was taking 3 to 5 days to get to east coast back in 2001 we had one pup most nights to chicago.......once we direct loaded to chicago instead of it going to 347 we in one year where doing 2 to 3 sets every night to chicago becuase we could compete with con way, fedx......up till merger.... so why are we going back to old way ????????? was told was same for big r when they sent there EOL frieght to eagan they lost 1 to 2 days ....then they start going thru rock island and they gained 1 or 2 days in service so why are we doing this again to slow the frieght lose customers.......becuase we know cdo cant dispatch and plan right or managment when terminals act like they are seperate companys and only care about there frieght and the right hand dosent know whatthe left hand is doing lol

hope im right but EOL fireght is going to 347 i ve been told but EOL are forced to 326 or 309 ....thats not following your frieght........hope 326/309 fight that gain in drivers cause they aint getting the work ( i believe if this s true its becuase 347 has a no layoff clause becuase of riemer taking 347 canadian work) so where getting screwed

one of the most profitable EOL IS LOSING RUN TO 309 BUT ONE OF THE OTHER eol is not and is 90 miles closer to 309 and dosent do near the bussiness that the other one does dosent ad up

one EOL has one driver following work to 309 and they dont run there and the rest are in the pool ....there not follwing there work ???????

Your comments are all over the place. I wonder are you asking about the differnce between Rockford Ill and Rock Island? This is not set in stone yet. It says 309 chicago heights is going to gain 25, stick with me, and chicago north is going to be -6. Chicago north are bid off the 309 board so should'nt that work out to only a gain of 19? They have 30 days to work it out,remember the last change did'nt go the way they wanted because they were lying about the bill count and they got caught because of the info on TRUCKINGBOARDS! Prepare for the worst, hope for the best,but don't hang yourself just yet,.

Your comments are all over the place. I wonder are you asking about the differnce between Rockford Ill and Rock Island? This is not set in stone yet. It says 309 chicago heights is going to gain 25, stick with me, and chicago north is going to be -6. Chicago north are bid off the 309 board so should'nt that work out to only a gain of 19? They have 30 days to work it out,remember the last change did'nt go the way they wanted because they were lying about the bill count and they got caught because of the info on TRUCKINGBOARDS! Prepare for the worst, hope for the best,but don't hang yourself just yet,.

I'm glad you figured that one out....my head and eyes are still hurting....KK

I'm getting better, my grandson keeps asking questions and expecting answers, thankgod for google! I'm not picking on you cellblock, just stating how I figure out questions.

Road drivers going from local terminals to breakbulks. Velocity is done(didn't work) Work going to New Penn, Holland,Reddaway. They do next and 2 day BEST! Welsh say's National to focus on 500+ mile Frt which we are geared for.

Road drivers going from local terminals to breakbulks. Velocity is done(didn't work) Work going to New Penn, Holland,Reddaway. They do next and 2 day BEST! Welsh say's National to focus on 500+ mile Frt which we are geared for.
B.S.! We could be geared for same day del if we wanted to do it!
So the bottom line is we will keep most of the U.E. & Velocity work, We just won't pay a man the extra $1 an hour to do it!

bootleg707 said:

How do you think they will transfer the work to the regionals? I guess it would take many joint sales calls to ask customers to switch,and offer current pricing with the regionals.

How do you think they will transfer the work to the regionals? I guess it would take many joint sales calls to ask customers to switch,and offer current pricing with the regionals.

It will be the shippers call. YRC can encourage them to shift the freight to the regionals but many will not be happy the disruption and seek services elsewhere. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if some of these shippers didn't take their long haul business elsewhere where there is a more stable, reliable, and less disruptive environment.

Who says next day freight has to go to sister subsidiaries..yrcw used to give customers another choice outside of our union work

I say this change of.operations is faulty.it does not have to happen in its entirety.or can be small changes over a period of time.so that it wont be disruptive

I'm relaying this message that was printed in the united kingdom.a news agency has commented on our new logo change.in a positive light
With that being said..this is an excerpt from what President Jeff of YRC. said.."in the past 4 months under new management.we have increased our on time performance.month over month(good).customer scores are positive(good).we have regained market share(good).plus shipment counts have trended upward"(good)
Ok.with that being said.why would anyone possibly put the screws to us.if we are moving in a positive direction.I'm talking about the change of operations.then he said there will still be redundancy.ok.well why change anything if we are moving in a positive direction?is there something missing?I definitely don't see why we need a major change.besides putting more people out of work

I'm National Roadwy 25yrs. We were NEVER set up to do Regional. Velocity(under zollars watch FAILED)! Let the Best do THEIR thing New Penn, Holland, Reddaway! Our guy came back and his set broke and went to the fence for the next day. So much for next day service! Let us focus on what we do best LONG HAUL.

I'm National Roadwy 25yrs. We were NEVER set up to do Regional. Velocity(under zollars watch FAILED)! Let the Best do THEIR thing New Penn, Holland, Reddaway! Our guy came back and his set broke and went to the fence for the next day. So much for next day service! Let us focus on what we do best LONG HAUL.
Funny,
ABF wants to expand next day frt and we want to get out of it.

Go figure?

You just don't understand the big picture. We are better geared to run 500 plus. Hopefully, they will see the light and we will be running NP and Holland long distance, in exchange.

I'm pretty sure I know who posted the original thread. What I will say is 2 drivers were put in this terminal over 10 years ago. The service went up and continues to go up cause this terminal works as a team. They also grown 14.8% from 2010 to 2011. What he is asking is "why remove road drivers from a EOL when in fact there should be more there"? This terminal produces more outbound freight than some breakbulks. Also why is the company allowing some EOL's stay put when they don't have near the freight or miles,this terminal has. Plus these drivers do 500+ miles 6 days a week.

Basically, very few people in this change is actually "following there work"! Look at everything in this crap(dock workers and road drivers) also check the lanes of the now and later. It's all bull****!!!!