Yellow | CHANGE DOSENT ADD UP ????? feedback add your thoughts

ABF has been in the next day markets for about 4 yrs. No signs of slowing down! In fact, YRCW move to abandon will help ABF/
Actuly it will probably hurt ABF.....We are the Longhaul Champs and when we get rid of next day and back to doing what we do best there won't be any left for anybody else......Sorry I drank a little Koolaid....it will wear off soon.

For anyone that has been around a while.This change is almost the same lanes that yellow had back in the eighty's.KK pull out some of the old changes and see. we are just going back to lanes that were run 25-30 years ago.why even have any changes when we are just going back to old ways?Going back to more handling and more relay of freight slower the freight.

I'm pretty sure I know who posted the original thread. What I will say is 2 drivers were put in this terminal over 10 years ago. The service went up and continues to go up cause this terminal works as a team. They also grown 14.8% from 2010 to 2011. What he is asking is "why remove road drivers from a EOL when in fact there should be more there"? This terminal produces more outbound freight than some breakbulks. Also why is the company allowing some EOL's stay put when they don't have near the freight or miles,this terminal has. Plus these drivers do 500+ miles 6 days a week.

You need to bring this to the attention of your BA. Having that knowledge, with proof, might change the effect on your terminal.

For anyone that has been around a while.This change is almost the same lanes that yellow had back in the eighty's.KK pull out some of the old changes and see. we are just going back to lanes that were run 25-30 years ago.why even have any changes when we are just going back to old ways?Going back to more handling and more relay of freight slower the freight.

Actually...from around the late 80's early 90's when Yellow was making money hand over fists with these same lanes, and some of them look to have been tweeked somewhat to handle even more freight as business picks up.......we shall see when the hearing comes and goes....KK

Your comments are all over the place. I wonder are you asking about the differnce between Rockford Ill and Rock Island? This is not set in stone yet. It says 309 chicago heights is going to gain 25, stick with me, and chicago north is going to be -6. Chicago north are bid off the 309 board so should'nt that work out to only a gain of 19? They have 30 days to work it out,remember the last change did'nt go the way they wanted because they were lying about the bill count and they got caught because of the info on TRUCKINGBOARDS! Prepare for the worst, hope for the best,but don't hang yourself just yet,.

Hey man, thanks for using both the terminal number & the name. I don"t know why people on here continue to use one or the other when it has been explained over & over that guy's are used to their former way of identifying terminals. it makes it so much easier for all of us!

Actuly it will probably hurt ABF.....We are the Longhaul Champs and when we get rid of next day and back to doing what we do best there won't be any left for anybody else......Sorry I drank a little Koolaid....it will wear off soon.

not trying to be negative here, but isn"t long haul LTL been on a steady decline? Isn"t just in time the new way? We should be getting a pitch fork & a torch ready. The next day was supposed to turn us around man! I ain"t buyin this nonsense! Giving it to the regional s is the same as giving them the green light to shut us down. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

Actually...from around the late 80's early 90's when Yellow was making money hand over fists with these same lanes, and some of them look to have been tweeked somewhat to handle even more freight as business picks up.......we shall see when the hearing comes and goes....KK

Please explain to me what this economy we find ourselves in has any thing to do with the 80s or 90s. I wish I could go along with this but to me giving up on next day is giving up on YRC Freight. The regional s may survive, we will not.

As da man said...everything is moving in a positive direction.customer satisfaction has even increased.why mess with something that is working.need to tweak the.management more.is this a way of staying unprofitable longer

I'm am not in favor of this proposed change in its entirety.and da man is a holland guy.so there is some bias.if holland and new penn are so successful.then.why doesn't da man filter some of the successful management to us...

not trying to be negative here, but isn"t long haul LTL been on a steady decline? Isn"t just in time the new way? We should be getting a pitch fork & a torch ready. The next day was supposed to turn us around man! I ain"t buyin this nonsense! Giving it to the regional s is the same as giving them the green light to shut us down. Sorry, but that is how I see it.
yellow won't be giving the regionals anything. they just stop picking it up. and the shipper gives it to who they like. yellow went to holland and newpenn customers and under bid them to get the freight. losing money all the way.

JIT - Just in time concept doesn't matter if long or short haul, it's just a matter of getting something delivered at a particular time. The distance the item is moved is immaterial.

yellow won't be giving the regionals anything. they just stop picking it up. and the shipper gives it to who they like. yellow went to holland and newpenn customers and under bid them to get the freight. losing money all the way.

Nobody said they would stop picking up short haul freight. They may not be going after it but that doesn't mean they won't still take it. If a customer doesn't need next day/second day service then there's no issue in my opinion.

You just don't understand the big picture. We are better geared to run 500 plus. Hopefully, they will see the light and we will be running NP and Holland long distance, in exchange.

I don't see where it would benefit them to take the long haul away from New Penn or Holland.
We (the regional) make lots of money on that Interline as well. and they (YRCW) get there cut.
So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. As I am not holding My breath that we get lots of next day out of this COO. Good Luck to all......

Since when did Yellow open back up?

Nobody said they would stop picking up short haul freight. They may not be going after it but that doesn't mean they won't still take it. If a customer doesn't need next day/second day service then there's no issue in my opinion.
Dang! You could spin a square into a circle! Let me try! Ok employees, the next big thing, ( UEs, change of opps. etc) is now the last big mistake! Oh can you give another 5%? You know, its the next big thing!

Dang! You could spin a square into a circle! Let me try! Ok employees, the next big thing, ( UEs, change of opps. etc) is now the last big mistake! Oh can you give another 5%? You know, its the next big thing!

You really like pi**ing into the wind don't you. None of us really have any idea exactly what they're going to do until the meetings take place. In the meantime have a cold one and relax.