Yellow | CHANGE DOSENT ADD UP ????? feedback add your thoughts

please stop the bs the meetings are just to rubber stamp the change it is a done deal the eol we voted on says so the only thing up to debate is who gets to go where when they do the phone bid

I remember a nice little pep talk before velocity. It was close to the tune of "we are a company that is not growing nor are we getting a piece of the huge pie, If we don't start taking a slice of the NEXT DAY and 2 DAY market we are going to slowly DIE!" this COO is nothing more than a job killer and possible company killer! There is NOT a big market for 3-5 day freight! Let me correct that there is a market for 3-5 day freight, yep there is a market and we can compete with JB Hunt, Schneider, CCC, and Werner because that's who hauls 3-5 day freight TRUCKLOAD CARRIERS!!! Everyone should take a good close look at their freight bills the next month! Con-Way, Estes, Fed-EX, ABF, UPS Freight etc....that's who these customers are going to pick because THEY DO IT ALL 1-5 day freight. On another note 500 miles is 3 day freight I'm assuming? The others I listed will do it in 2 days, so if you were a customer who would you pick? I myself would pick a day faster for the same or cheaper!!!
I demand to be able to follow my freight !! If it goes to FedEx then , by God , I demand to be able to dovetail into their board with my seniority !! THAT'S MY FREIGHT GOLDDAMNIT !!!!!

I demand to be able to follow my freight !! If it goes to FedEx then , by God , I demand to be able to dovetail into their board with my seniority !! THAT'S MY FREIGHT GOLDDAMNIT !!!!!
You would probably have a more secure future at FedEx. Imo.

From what we have heard from numerous sources/drivers at 309 this COO in April is the first of two. The second COO coming in July.

Maybe the July COO is a backup plan and we'll get back into the next day business after a 3 month trial period without it?

Somehow this wouldn't surprise me!

You really like pi**ing into the wind don't you. None of us really have any idea exactly what they're going to do until the meetings take place. In the meantime have a cold one and relax.
Lets see your retired right? Thats a good place to start with a reply.

there is no follow your frieght its where they want you to go they know most won't move. who can sell there house right now this is a joke. iam out of col 857 just look where the freights going just like last time were screwed. by the way 241 is hireing off the street what a joke.

I'm sure you are kidding about being retired? I can't imagine a retired individual getting involved, they wouldn't have a dog in this fight!!!
Ya the last thing anyone would want is input from somebody that has seen all this before. :regretful:

I remember a nice little pep talk before velocity. It was close to the tune of "we are a company that is not growing nor are we getting a piece of the huge pie, If we don't start taking a slice of the NEXT DAY and 2 DAY market we are going to slowly DIE!" this COO is nothing more than a job killer and possible company killer! There is NOT a big market for 3-5 day freight! Let me correct that there is a market for 3-5 day freight, yep there is a market and we can compete with JB Hunt, Schneider, CCC, and Werner because that's who hauls 3-5 day freight TRUCKLOAD CARRIERS!!! Everyone should take a good close look at their freight bills the next month! Con-Way, Estes, Fed-EX, ABF, UPS Freight etc....that's who these customers are going to pick because THEY DO IT ALL 1-5 day freight. On another note 500 miles is 3 day freight I'm assuming? The others I listed will do it in 2 days, so if you were a customer who would you pick? I myself would pick a day faster for the same or cheaper!!!

About as real as it gets!

Some of the reasons that retirees do have a dog in this fight . Medical coverage could almost double if YRCW goes out of business . Most funds use a part of the money YRCW pay into for active members to supplement the cost for older retirees . Funds drying up , many of your smaller funds and some big ones have been trying to use the " orphan " word to try and ship members to the government retiree system and thus take these members off there payroll .

I'm sure you are kidding about being retired? I can't imagine a retired individual getting involved, they wouldn't have a dog in this fight!!!

yeah I forgot the retirees are forced to move or may lose there job!
And like they never did before? Or experienced any pitfalls or benfit of their decision. Thats all Im's saying.....Your in completly uncharted territory. Carry on.

I believe the best words a retiree could have is"hope everything works out for everyone and their families", not use words like "us", acting like this COO is affecting their working conditions or family presently is BS!!

I believe the best words a retiree could have is"hope everything works out for everyone and their families", not use words like "us", acting like this COO is affecting their working conditions or family presently is BS!!
Hope everything works out for you and your family.

And like they never did before? Or experienced any pitfalls or benfit of their decision. Thats all Im's saying.....Your in completly uncharted territory. Carry on.
sounds like a good story for the grandkids, the trials and tribulations one has experienced:)