Yellow | CHANGE DOSENT ADD UP ????? feedback add your thoughts

Grandkids or no different than you....don't give a rats. Nobody wants to hear from an Old Fool. :shrug:
I'll listen!!! How many years did you have with Yellow or Roadway and with YRC? How many times did you move for them in previous COO's?

I closed down 13 companies.....I know about finding another job.....Only 13 years at RDWY. Lived through 3 COOs and moved once. I was working for nothing other than a Retirment check, it was an easy call for me. All 3 COOs cost me Senority slots....so what I say. The last one took my job. In the end I won. Now I'm a little leary of sharing any opinions cause I have no dog in the hunt per say. But if asked nicely I might give it. :o

I closed down 13 companies

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for retiring before it became 14:LMAO:

All kidding aside that has to be tough to take as soon as you get used to a place and comfortable they close up and you have to start over.
My brother changes jobs(by his choosing) every 5-6 years says change is good for you, must be every time is for more money and better perks.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for retiring before it became 14:LMAO:

All kidding aside that has to be tough to take as soon as you get used to a place and comfortable they close up and you have to start over.
My brother changes jobs(by his choosing) every 5-6 years says change is good for you, must be every time is for more money and better perks.
Well if ya say there ain't no RDWY does that count? and now theres no YRC....The biggest problem was not the starting over....all the trucks are pretty much the same....The work....same. The Boss...Same.....No vactaion time was the worst. But I used to laugh whenever a Senior man would tell me he paid his dues. :D

Ps I pray I don't add any more to the list too.

I just might have to call you the Terminator LOL .

I closed down 13 companies.....I know about finding another job.....Only 13 years at RDWY. Lived through 3 COOs and moved once. I was working for nothing other than a Retirment check, it was an easy call for me. All 3 COOs cost me Senority slots....so what I say. The last one took my job. In the end I won. Now I'm a little leary of sharing any opinions cause I have no dog in the hunt per say. But if asked nicely I might give it. :o

I've driven for 21 (19 Teamster) different companies over the years. 14 are out of business, 3 were merged into other carriers and only 2 are still what they once were. I worked for 10 companies outside trucking and only 2 of them still exist in their former form. I've worked in three different geographic areas on those jobs. A lot of restaurants I've gone to over the years burned down or shut down also! What's the problem?? :wtflol:

Congratulations on your retirement!!! Let me elaborate on my earlier comment, having an opinion is OK by me or explaining the COO to help some out. I've read some replies and by the wording they imply that they are still working at YRC, so that was my reply of "not having a dog in the fight". My comment was not directed at you, I had no clue you was retired.

There are 3 terminals in Northern Illinois that will be consolidated at Yellow's Wheeling terminal on Chaddick Dr. Utility drivers and velocity centers were a recipe for disaster, and we in Chicago told them that! If you think that Yellow can make money on next day, why haven't they for over four years? Regionals are making money! Figure it out, YRC has been steering freight to the regionals for a long time.

Some of the reasons that retirees do have a dog in this fight . Medical coverage could almost double if YRCW goes out of business . Most funds use a part of the money YRCW pay into for active members to supplement the cost for older retirees . Funds drying up , many of your smaller funds and some big ones have been trying to use the " orphan " word to try and ship members to the government retiree system and thus take these members off there payroll .
I agree with the concern about YRC's survival. I don't agree that retirees have a dog in this COO currently proposed. I'm sure I am off on these numbers so correct me if someone knows, part of the problem with the pension in the Central division is there is currently roughly 200,000 retirees or surviving spouses, currently 80,000 active members working, so the retirees out number the workers by a large margin. So the more members the stronger the pension fund becomes, my opinion is if a retiree truly wants to secure there future, donate 20-30 hours a year to there local and help try and organize.

I have no problem with your figures and I really like your part about volunteering to help organize !!!!

I agree with the concern about YRC's survival. I don't agree that retirees have a dog in this COO currently proposed. I'm sure I am off on these numbers so correct me if someone knows, part of the problem with the pension in the Central division is there is currently roughly 200,000 retirees or surviving spouses, currently 80,000 active members working, so the retirees out number the workers by a large margin. So the more members the stronger the pension fund becomes, my opinion is if a retiree truly wants to secure there future, donate 20-30 hours a year to there local and help try and organize.