New Penn | change of ops. letter for NPME

Oh so somehow NewPenn workers have some secret knowledge of how to move freight efficiently ? Or is it actually due to the operation , run by the management team along with the drivers ? Replace the workers and the operation will remain the same. Unfortunate but true. Teamster workers are the same everywhere.

Nope it's not a secret...we are just willing to work harder and smarter because we know we are the jewel of the northeast and we want to stay that way...YRCW go away we don't need you...

Oh so somehow NewPenn workers have some secret knowledge of how to move freight efficiently ? Or is it actually due to the operation , run by the management team along with the drivers ? Replace the workers and the operation will remain the same. Unfortunate but true. Teamster workers are the same everywhere.

Newpenn is different from YRC and yes it is the workers that make a big difference..We had a few YRC guys on layoff come work for us this summer and only one stuck it out.The rest couldn't put up with the way things work at Newpenn.Having to help load yout trailers in the am and unloading it when you get in at night is just a few..And the operation is totally different also ..Until YRCW came in and tried to change everything and then went back to letting Newpenn be Newpenn a money making company...

Jewel of the northeast. LMAO !! Company stooge.
On the other hand I would have to say in the event NewPenn was closed , merged , whatever , any YRC people who moved into those jobs would be *****.

Jewel of the northeast. LMAO !! Company stooge.
On the other hand I would have to say in the event NewPenn was closed , merged , whatever , any YRC people who moved into those jobs would be *****.

just worry about the left coast, and its mexican invasion. leave the east coast to us.

YOU DORK when they bought Roadway, NEW PENN was owned by Roadway and was part of the deal!!! The New Penn flag as u call it won't be flown because YRC can't move freight the way NEW PENN does, as in next day,they don't ether know how or can't!!

You kill me Joe! Go enjoy your retirement will ya! The only reason they've kept any of the regionals is because we've been supporting the Nationals! It's not rocket science! Now go the F away back to your YRC boards and leave these guys alone!
you mean regional work is not rocket science. A
27.gif
could do it

YRC_Map.jpg

you regional rookies are sooo into yourselves with your next day service..get a life why don't you and maybe some day Holland and New Penn can be big boys too. This is a network to kill for..not a Northeast hole in the wall or a Midwest carrier. We do it all bro..grow up and what ever you do pipe down and don't **** off the Evil Empire and they will keep you rolling

Last edited by a moderator:
what any npme bashers just don't get is 95% of the freight we pick=up on tuesday gets delivered wed. anywhere in the northeast. not maybe, not 40% of the time, not if the pick up is ready by 6pm at night , not if it's a garentee shipment, but night in and out we do this. why or how? because of npme mangement, and the city, dock, and road drivers that have worked this way for many years. it's a sense of ergentcey that we basically work under that makes this all happen. we have our share of ::shit:: heads that want to play the union card and say, i don't have to do this or work like that. but we still have enough npme people that pick=up the slack and get it done night in and out. thats why were succeseful and still profitable. at our terminal, we had yrc people on lay-off come and work at npme,some have grasp the deal and are happy to work, and do a good job,work as many hours as you want per day, than we got those that we wonder why yrc even hired the ass-holes in the first place. make no mistake,working at yrc and than comeing to npme and working is a whole differant ball game. could any so called teamster come and fill all the postions at npme and npme still be sucsesiveful? i don't think so.

hey jayc,you show that map there and yrc next day, do you know how much you give to npme daily to make next day, cause your yrc can't get 'er done? besides, npme has pissed off the so called evil empire since day one. yrc pisses away more revenue in a days time than any 2 ltl carriers put togather could lose if they wanted to.

hey jayc,you show that map there and yrc next day, do you know how much you give to npme daily to make next day, cause your yrc can't get 'er done? besides, npme has pissed off the so called evil empire since day one. yrc pisses away more revenue in a days time than any 2 ltl carriers put togather could lose if they wanted to.
Here's the O/R thanks to NF for last quarter .
In an attempt to simplify the Operating Ratio numbers, here they are.......
I found them on page 5,673 of that financial mumbo jumbo that R-14 posted.

National (YRC).............95.5
Regionals....................93.6
Truckload..................107.0
YRC logistics..............118.3

Looks to me like Truckload and YRC logistics are the ones that need the changes, not us.

there is much, much more cost involved in moving long-haul freight

break-bulks

fuel

terminals

weather

2 different animals

thWINKgif.gif

YRC got us doin next day

jayc i agree with you, npme doesn;t even have 1 terminal that is considered a break bulk. we have what, 20 some terminals for the whole north east, way less than what yrc has,2 differant animals.but your animal hasn't been able do get whats has happened in the ltl industry and changed quick enough to stop the bleeding of cash. r-14driver, i have seen thoses numbers reported to the SEC, about o/r ratios, and i respect all you say and write. but if you seriously think that there is only a 2 cent differance between national and npme in operating ratio , get real. yrcw and yrc charges npme , every time our presidents farts, i know theres more to regional than just npme, theres holland ,reddaway, but a 2 cent differance in profit, even you can't really beleive that is 100% accurate, maybe legal, but truthfull?

Not with yrc at the helm

Not with yrc at the helm

jayc i agree with you, npme doesn;t even have 1 terminal that is considered a break bulk. we have what, 20 some terminals for the whole north east, way less than what yrc has,2 differant animals.but your animal hasn't been able do get whats has happened in the ltl industry and changed quick enough to stop the bleeding of cash. get real. yrcw and yrc charges npme , every time our presidents farts, i know theres more to regional than just npme, theres holland ,reddaway, but a 2 cent differance in profit, even you can't really beleive that is 100% accurate, maybe legal, but truthfull?

A national carrier will never be as profitable or have an or as good as a regional. Never..no matter how well they operate. There is too much cost. YRC came from losing $2B a year to reducing cost to a point they are about to eek out a profit. And all this in a major economic depression. You don't grow to the size of a Roadway-Yellow unless you know this game and can play it well.

playingpool.gif

they play this game well, bro​

Looks like I found the "Lets bash each other" board! WOW...YRCW took over a couple of good, money making company's and ran them into the ground! I am a Holland guy and I too can say that WE get it done but I won't! We are ALL screwed by the YRCW Corporate greed! We need to be in this together NOT against each other no matter what division we are in! I believe this COO is just another scare tactic for you New Penn guys. The way I look at it, if a company losses MILLIONS each quarter for 2 straight years, HOW can it stay in business?? I voted NO for MY reasons (not to debate on here) but this “I am better then you” crap should STOP! What happened to Brother Hood????

I have to applaud bigkevap on his post. He is absolutley right. I have read good opinions from guys on here and they shouldn't be reduced to a who is who in the freight industry pissing contest. The guy driving the different colored truck that is owned by the same people isn't our problem. Our problem is that the guys at the top screwed up, and in trying to ride out the economy and fix the screw up they now have us in bed with a bunch of bankers who think they know the freight business.

Nope it's not a secret...we are just willing to work harder and smarter because we know we are the jewel of the northeast and we want to stay that way...YRCW go away we don't need you...
I am a YRC road driver. 23 years at Chicago Heights. But unless you have been off the planet for the last couple of years you should be aware that YRCW is NOT going to go away. You can click your red slippers as many times as you want and chant "there's no place like home" but the reality is NewPenn is stuck just as YRC (Yellow & Roadway), Reddaway, Holland, and Reimer are. The facts are that YRCW doesn't NEED YOU! And they are making it clear that if you don't "go along" you will join a LONG list of "used to be's".

Maybe you should read more and attack less !
I saw the "numbers" when they originally came out. I work for Holland, I pay attention! I know we have been making money just the same as we were before Yellow bought us the whole time. Look at bill counts. Regionals are catching up to Nationals count. Whats that tell you about Life Support of this place!!!? And for the record R-14....I didnt bad mouth or bash anyone. Believe me though, Joe would be first on my list if I was planning on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the "numbers" when they originally came out. I work for Holland, I pay attention! I know we have been making money just the same as we were before Yellow bought us the whole time. Look at bill counts. Regionals are catching up to Nationals count. Whats that tell you about Life Support of this place!!!? And for the record R-14....I didnt bad mouth or bash anyone. Believe me though, Joe would be first on my list if I was planning on it!

Be careful you don't have to shine shoes the day Holland doesn't make money cause you may not be skilled at anything else. You would never ever find a post on YRC bashing New Penn or Holland. Everyone at YRC is happy for your efforts but if I'm not mistaken that's what they pay you to do--your job

but where are you coming from when you bash not only YRC but you seem to have a notion you do it better then YRC people. Seriously a monkey can be trained to drive a truck. New Penn and Holland are good regional carriers not because you or your management are better but only because you don't have the huge break-bulks, terminals, tractors etc and compliance costs associated with a national network

some of you people have an ego
images

the size of an elephant

Hey Joe I like your comment "Seriously a monkey can be trained to drive a truck" I guess you did it for thirty years and now you prove even a monkey can use a computer when there is nothing else to do...Why is it I get this feeling that you would be happy if they closed Newpenn,because you sure seem to get a kick out of stirring the pot..

A national carrier will never be as profitable or have an or as good as a regional. Never..no matter how well they operate. There is too much cost. YRC came from losing $2B a year to reducing cost to a point they are about to eek out a profit. And all this in a major economic depression. You don't grow to the size of a Roadway-Yellow unless you know this game and can play it well.

playingpool.gif

they play this game well, bro​

Playing the game and wining the game are two different stories.Eek out a profit?? What an EBITDA profit!!The only reason they are still in the game,(barely) are the employees that have made the sacrifice!