FedEx Freight | changes coming in april

You guys need an awakening. I stopped letting this company's BS get the best of me. I have weathered every slow year, every change, every new CM, every realignment, the merger and so on. And i'm not high in seniority, but because i have made it so far these years, i stopped allowing this company to get under my skin. Now, i just adapt to each situation that i am confronted with almost daily with this or any company. Go with the flow! You'll sleep better and you won't be so depressed. I WILL NOT ALLOW SITUATIONS TO GET THE BEST OF ME. This is just a job, I do it to the best of my ability and at the end of the day I get in my car, go home and spend what time I have with my loved ones, in a good mood and not cranky. I let management worry about it. So, sit back, relax, do your job and ENJOY THE SHOW!! Or maybe the SOAP OPERA!!!:popcorn:

Agreed. People need to figure out that FedEx is a company, it's whole purpose it to make money for it's shareholders.

With that understanding, we have a job with the company to ensure that we do what we were hired to do. That's pretty much it. FedEx, AF, Viking, Watkins has no obligation to treat you well because you've worked here 20 years or for 2 years. I get sick of people who think they are owed something because they've been loyal or employed here for a long time. It's a 2 way street, FedEx's obligation ENDS when you cash that paycheck or it gets deposited, that's the agreement.

Now if I don't like what is asked of me, I make the decision to stay and accept what's coming or choose to find something else. Today's freight marketplace is MUCH different than it was 20 years, 10 years or even 5 years ago. Look at any of the companies out there that don't adapt to the marketplace, they fail. I prefer to be a part of a proactive company that makes changes to keep up with it.

I will not deny that over the years mergers, realignments and such have affected me but not as it had in other markets or cities. This is a product of the economy and many other issues. If you don't make changes, you get passed up. PurpleDrool is right, if you let it bother you, it will destroy you. I enjoy what I do, but like him when I go home my responsibility for the company is DONE and I like it that way.

roog

As for Mike Varnco, how can you visit this sight or if you even work for this company, why are you here. You disappoint me and i am sure others that make a living from FedEx. I have said it many times, just quit, but I am sure you are miserable in your life so i am sure that is all you know. I know i have been here longer than 95% of all the people on this sight, because i come from Arkansas Freightways days. So i am here to defend this company because it has made me and my family secure and set for the rest of my life. Look at the benefits beyond your daily pay. Just stop and think before you just come on here and bad mouth FedEx. I know you will say we all have a right to say what we want, I will grant you that, but just remember we can always try to stir you in what direction I want you to take, and that would be leave if its that bad, because you will never sour the people that truly care about this company.

Great, now I gotta pay attention to post dates too? :P

It was closed for a while??? I guess we need to worry about changes coming in april of (2011)

I guess some people never learn, if they are going to make changes, we will know about it when they think we need to know about it. One can worry there whole life whether or not there job is going to be there tomorrow, there is life outside of Fedex, and there will be life after your job at Fedex is gone. Jeez, wake up people!

Franklin, you must be one of those old line haul drivers who can barely fit behing the wheel anymore. People @ the bottom of the board can't produce because they are setiing @ home waiting for a call to work. I worked 10-12 hours a day from march 1 st to dec 1 st of this year, being @ the bottom of the board @ a small terminal. So when you open your pie hole, know what you are talking about. Increasing in shipping costs causes business to go elsewhere, along with the slow times of year, makes for slow times. God bless have a great day

A: I can guarantee without knowing him that Franklin is not an old line driver. B: When the company is making decisions daily on whether or not to hold freight at the hub because they think there might not be enough freight to justify an additional run vs making that run might be where the customers that paid premium freight rates to us have gone elsewhere.

Hell, I'm still pissed at how the natl guys were able to come in a get some of our freight fired and others to get shot to the bottom of the starving board due to their supposed back room deal. Yea, I'm certain some unsavory **** is headed our way but what exactly can any of us do about it that's all I'm saying'

Pissed be Pissed at Fedex, because of this crap alot of my friends are now gone

Hell, I'm still pissed at how the natl guys were able to come in a get some of our freight fired and others to get shot to the bottom of the starving board due to their supposed back room deal. Yea, I'm certain some unsavory **** is headed our way but what exactly can any of us do about it that's all I'm saying'[/QUOTE

Pissed be Pissed at Fedex, because of this crap alot of my friends are now gone

That was the point I was trying to make last week. A lot of great drivers from both sides, who only wanted to make a living and are no different than the others just got caught up in the mess that was the result of the merger. It isn't the drivers fault the owners of Watkins sold out, as was said earlier. I bet if you ask any of the old Watkins drivers, they will tell you they wish it never happened.
I wish you freight drivers who are so bitter, as well as the old Watkins (NATL) guys, could just put it behind and move on. There is nothing a driver can do to change anything, so just work together and make things better for everyone.

That was the point I was trying to make last week. A lot of great drivers from both sides, who only wanted to make a living and are no different than the others just got caught up in the mess that was the result of the merger. It isn't the drivers fault the owners of Watkins sold out, as was said earlier. I bet if you ask any of the old Watkins drivers, they will tell you they wish it never happened.
I wish you freight drivers who are so bitter, as well as the old Watkins (NATL) guys, could just put it behind and move on. There is nothing a driver can do to change anything, so just work together and make things better for everyone.

Look, you seem like a nice guy and it wasn't necessarily directed at u. However take for example last night an ex natl driver who shall remain nameless shoves it in everyone's face how cool it is that he's a #2 bid and never has to wait for paperwork ect.. Talk about rubbing your nose in it. This is the very same fellow who nearly caused the death of an employee due to his negligence yet still kept his job.

Look, you seem like a nice guy and it wasn't necessarily directed at u. However take for example last night an ex natl driver who shall remain nameless shoves it in everyone's face how cool it is that he's a #2 bid and never has to wait for paperwork ect.. Talk about rubbing your nose in it. This is the very same fellow who nearly caused the death of an employee due to his negligence yet still kept his job.

You act like him being a dick has something to do with the past company he worked for. I met lots of ***** heads at both companies. You're just sore because it affected you negatively. I'll bet you wouldn't give 2 craps if you were #2. I feel your pain but I think you are misdirecting your anger.

Guardrail--Xoomin'

I'm afeared. I went into the office today and asked my SCM who the guy was in the outer office. He said " A man up from Dallas" I asked " what's he up from Dallas for ?" and he said " I'm not at liberty to say". I said " It must be bad then" He said why assume bad news?" I said " If it was good news Redshirts would be yelling it from the roof tops!!!!"

I'm afeared. I went into the office today and asked my SCM who the guy was in the outer office. He said " A man up from Dallas" I asked " what's he up from Dallas for ?" and he said " I'm not at liberty to say". I said " It must be bad then" He said why assume bad news?" I said " If it was good news Redshirts would be yelling it from the roof tops!!!!"

I heard they are closing childress and moving the operations to lubbock.Good luck if its true

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Just another indicator of how much value the employees have versus the dollar and how willing the company is do experiments at the employees expense.

Ice, all drivers got caught up in the bs of the "merger". I have spent 17 years @ fedex and can tell you not all national guys are like the a-hole you have had to deal with. Was it fair when they dovetailed in senority? Corporate negotiated between the 2 sides and determined that was fair. Please don't get mad @ the national guys, get pissed at the fact that when watkins was bought out, they should have become fedex freight, not wait a few years and then decide to do it. I had several national guys go ahead of me here @ stl, don't hate the player, hate the game .most of the national guys are very professional and just want to get the job done and go home, just like you and i.