FedEx Freight | Chicago Heights, IL has date with the ballot box

I know if I can get a burger at Reds bar and grill for 1.25 I'm damn sure not going to Joes where it cost 1.50 and all the waitresses are grumpy old men.

I'm sure no one is going to change anyone's mind on this matter. But for the guys that walk around pissed off all day because they have to pay part of there health care at Reds bar and grill....Just remember Joes bar and grill has free health care but they still have just as many pissed off workers if not more. And Reds is growing while Joes is falling apart.
I must admit that I'd eat at Red's Bar and Grill just because of the name...it has a nice ring to it!!!
Plus I'm sure they'll have Red Oak on tap while the hot female waitresses walk around in skimpy red outfits providing excellent service and a quality product to their patrons!!!

1st: Public perception has zero impact on wages, or anything to do with this topic. Respected or not. supply and demand effect price. Strippers and hookers might be an example of an occupation with a low level of public respect, but when there is little supply, the price goes up. Too much supply, the price goes way down. Let's not discount quality in this analogy...

2nd: Too many drivers available with decreased demand certainly effects wages over time. "Competitive wage", becomes less relevant in such a market. We have seen this in the past, Red. FedEx has capitalized on such market conditions in the past, just like every company in the industry. Wages may not go down but they most certainly stall/stagnate, as do working conditions. Simply undeniable.
I'll respectfully have to disagree with your first point...if public perception of the company is low, the company will lose customers (demand) and the profits will suffer causing a loss in revenue which in turn could cause a reduction in the workforce (supply) and a freeze or concessions on wages.
Your analogy doesn't hold water either...Leather and Lace has a low public perception, therefor they attract a lower quality of dancers which earn lower wages while a respected establishment such as The Gentlemen's Club attracts top quality dancers that earn top wages. I'M TOLD a lap dance at L&L is $10 while a lap dance at TGC is upwards of $50. Supply and demand doesn't effect this profession because they'll always be married men or single young men who like to drink that provide the demand and even at $10 a dance, the supply will be there due to the fact most dancers can make more at this price in one night than the average female makes in a week!

As for your second point, I'll agree to an extent...my rebuttal to your first point applies here as well...if supply goes up and demand goes down, wages will be effected but there are other variables that effect wages in this instance such as the economy. If you remember when the economy collapsed, demand was low while the supply was high but it was management that took the concessions while our wages stayed stagnant. FedEx most certainly could've cut our wages also but they didn't, management took the hit instead...and they still haven't recovered what they lost.

I'll respectfully have to disagree with your first point...if public perception of the company is low, the company will lose customers (demand) and the profits will suffer causing a loss in revenue which in turn could cause a reduction in the workforce (supply) and a freeze or concessions on wages.
Your analogy doesn't hold water either...Leather and Lace has a low public perception, therefor they attract a lower quality of dancers which earn lower wages while a respected establishment such as The Gentlemen's Club attracts top quality dancers that earn top wages. I'M TOLD a lap dance at L&L is $10 while a lap dance at TGC is upwards of $50. Supply and demand doesn't effect this profession because they'll always be married men or single young men who like to drink that provide the demand and even at $10 a dance, the supply will be there due to the fact most dancers can make more at this price in one night than the average female makes in a week!

As for your second point, I'll agree to an extent...my rebuttal to your first point applies here as well...if supply goes up and demand goes down, wages will be effected but there are other variables that effect wages in this instance such as the economy. If you remember when the economy collapsed, demand was low while the supply was high but it was management that took the concessions while our wages stayed stagnant. FedEx most certainly could've cut our wages also but they didn't, management took the hit instead...and they still haven't recovered what they lost.

Actually, Red... We were talking about public perception (respect) of the INDUSTRY, not the company. Even though you want to disagree with me, many of your points actually support my case.

"Leather and Lace has a low public perception, therefor they attract a lower quality of dancers which earn lower wages while a respected establishment such as The Gentlemen's Club attracts top quality dancers that earn top wages. I'M TOLD a lap dance at L&L is $10 while a lap dance at TGC is upwards of $50. Supply and demand doesn't effect this profession because..."

Supply and demand most certainly effects this. The "low quality dancer" you mention is not attracted to the bottom tier club. That is where they qualify to work, because there are PLENTY within that qualification range. The "top shelf dancer/performers" are much more desirable (in demand) and there are less of them, so they command top shelf wages. Quality and availability are key.

Even your second point "If you remember when the economy collapsed, demand was low while the supply was high but it was management that took the concessions while our wages stayed stagnant." See, even you agree, our wage stayed stagnant. We also did take a CUT in the loss of the quarterly bonus.