Yellow | Chicago heights out of tractors?

roadway77

TB Regular
Credits
Ok, i got a call back to work yesterday which is good but i havent gone out just yet. I know i will be slow for me and even getting laid off again till march or so comes along. But thats besides the point. What strikes me is i had some one tell me the board was exhausted and no tractors 2days ago, and today i call and i have xx amount of guys ahead of me but we got no tractors???????????? I have never heard this. Theres not enough of influx of tractors comming in? Can someone explain this to me.

This is nothing new. 10% of my income is from waiting for power at 309. When I left there tonight the outbound lanes were double stacked. Can we all say it together "MISMANAGEMENT"??!!!!???!!!

I couldn't get a single axle tractor to bobtail to South Bend yesterday. Good thing too. Got a tandem to drive in the snow. Thanks 309!

No matter how much money you spend on it, Windows will still crash !

They have at least 30 tractors against the fence at 309. Guess we are waiting to get them licensed. Probably the same throughout the system. We've gone through this since the merge happend. Who ever is in charge of licensing must be trying to make their numbers look good.

Hoosierky said:
I couldn't get a single axle tractor to bobtail to South Bend yesterday. Good thing too. Got a tandem to drive in the snow. Thanks 309!

It was nasty weather in The Bend!

They have at least 30 tractors against the fence at 309. Guess we are waiting to get them licensed. Probably the same throughout the system. We've gone through this since the merge happend. Who ever is in charge of licensing must be trying to make their numbers look good.
This is a classic yellow move, this time of year they take a percentage of trucks out of service and drop insurance and fuel tags to save money. In march they will resume using the out of service trucks.

The first few years at 309 there would always be tractors hard parked until spring. What do you think costs more money some drivers waiting or license and insurance? Anybody who worked for Big R knows that they squeezed pennies until Lincoln cried!

fartknocker said:
It was nasty weather in The Bend!

Yes it was! Then went to Indy with a big box and 20k pounds. Never got any better.

It seems Kansas City on any given day will have at least 20 tractors down for service. Also, 3 million miler tractors sit, when the driver is off.

I know one way to free up some equipment. Make turn board drivers use a city unit at night.
Oh ****.....then when the top man gets in and his tractor ain't there......Cry for days! Or do you suggest they take the Ratty Ol Things that the bottom men drive?

Ok, i got a call back to work yesterday which is good but i havent gone out just yet. I know i will be slow for me and even getting laid off again till march or so comes along. But thats besides the point. What strikes me is i had some one tell me the board was exhausted and no tractors 2days ago, and today i call and i have xx amount of guys ahead of me but we got no tractors???????????? I have never heard this. Theres not enough of influx of tractors comming in? Can someone explain this to me.
the company you work for is on the brink of bankruptcy and can't afford to buy new ones.

This is not uncommon, it happens from time to time depending on freight volume, tractors out on the road, tractors in the shop, etc. Nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

Hoosierky, I cannot believe you. I am one of the original 4 312 drivers out of South Bend and we used to shuttle 3 times a night between South Bend, 309, and the rail yards. Many times we had to bobtail or haul empties back to 312 in the snow and bad weather, not to mention jiffing and un-jiffing at the rail. I figured at one time that I had been back and forth between 312 and Chicago over 4000 times, many times doing drops or pickups en-route at customers. So let me offer a little cheese to go with your whine! Thanks to us losing our jobs, you still have a job stealing our work(You're welcome!). And having to haul a 20,000 lb trailer to Indy is tough??? Just quit your whining and get back to WORK!!!!

Slowpoke said:
Hoosierky, I cannot believe you. I am one of the original 4 312 drivers out of South Bend and we used to shuttle 3 times a night between South Bend, 309, and the rail yards. Many times we had to bobtail or haul empties back to 312 in the snow and bad weather, not to mention jiffing and un-jiffing at the rail. I figured at one time that I had been back and forth between 312 and Chicago over 4000 times, many times doing drops or pickups en-route at customers. So let me offer a little cheese to go with your whine! Thanks to us losing our jobs, you still have a job stealing our work(You're welcome!). And having to haul a 20,000 lb trailer to Indy is tough??? Just quit your whining and get back to WORK!!!!

Not whining, just the facts. I wish I could just haul Indy freight in our lanes, and you do the same in your lanes. I really do. What I do is beyond my control. Just like when you ran the rails. Aren't you suppose to take the freight to 309, then have a shuttle driver relay to the rail head?

Hope you get back to work, I REALLY do.

On the issue of insurance. Isn't YRC self insured? If they are then additional insurance costs are not a factor. Then the cost of tags and permits sounds like a small cost compared to the cost of not being able to move the freight.

Hoosierky said:
Not whining, just the facts. I wish I could just haul Indy freight in our lanes, and you do the same in your lanes. I really do. What I do is beyond my control. Just like when you ran the rails. Aren't you suppose to take the freight to 309, then have a shuttle driver relay to the rail head?

Hope you get back to work, I REALLY do.

I think he works for Holland now,99% sure I remember him from Fedex Freight. He quit freight and went to Holland,I think.