Yellow | Chicago heights out of tractors?

On the issue of insurance. Isn't YRC self insured? If they are then additional insurance costs are not a factor. Then the cost of tags and permits sounds like a small cost compared to the cost of not being able to move the freight.
This is a problem that almost exclusively occurs at night. Movement of freight does not suffer much. The shortage of power DOES adversely affect drivers. We are self insured for Workman's Compensation NOT for liability for vehicular accidents.

Found some more : .........................

I'm sorry kevin653 but that site sells photos and they are not for public use . The photo had a website copyright . R-14Driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some more : .........................

I'm sorry kevin653 but that site sells photos and they are not for public use . The photo had a website copyright . R-14Driver

Ok R-14 , Sorry , I looked at their web site and didnt see any legal mumbo jumbo about posting, didnt know how it worked.

Ok R-14 , Sorry , I looked at their web site and didnt see any legal mumbo jumbo about posting, didnt know how it worked.

Not a problem !! They wanted 9 bucks per image . That's the way they make money off those pics . Anyways it's not a problem enjoy your day .

Not a problem !! They wanted 9 bucks per image . That's the way they make money off those pics . Anyways it's not a problem enjoy your day .

Ok you too, How about these guys parked, looking to be worked !
scan11828.jpg

This is a problem that almost exclusively occurs at night. Movement of freight does not suffer much. The shortage of power DOES adversely affect drivers. We are self insured for Workman's Compensation NOT for liability for vehicular accidents.

"Movement of freight does not suffer much" Much? It shouldn't suffer at all. Hauling half the freight that you used to there should be enough capacity, ie equipment to move what is left. No room to grow if and when the economy comes back either huh.

"Movement of freight does not suffer much" Much? It shouldn't suffer at all. Hauling half the freight that you used to there should be enough capacity, ie equipment to move what is left. No room to grow if and when the economy comes back either huh.
Excuse me for a poor choice of words. Service doesn't suffer much. If you drop an inbound trailer at a dark terminal at midnight or 04:00 has that affected anyone except you. Also if needed there are at least 50 tractors hard parked in the southwest corner of 309. If Rich G. feels those units are needed I'm sure he will permit them.

albag said:
Excuse me for a poor choice of words. Service doesn't suffer much. If you drop an inbound trailer at a dark terminal at midnight or 04:00 has that affected anyone except you. Also if needed there are at least 50 tractors hard parked in the southwest corner of 309. If Rich G. feels those units are needed I'm sure he will permit them.

No!! Do not break out the Sterling's. Please not the Sterling's :) !!

Maybe if you guys took care of your tractors they would last. We have gotten some of your rebranded garbage at Holland. WTF do you guys do in those trucks. The dashes are busted, headliners trashed, seats are junk, mirrors are banged up, arm rests ripped out. Just trashed. We have tractors with the same miles and they still look brand new. that truck is your office that you live in every night, some of you guys are just f'n pigs.

Alyaws good to know albag has the companys point oof view thats why we love him
I would rather wait for a Volvo than drive a Sterling. My2cents, not YRC's viewpoint just reality. If you were deciding whether to pay to register tractors what would you do? Remember Rich G's heritage. $$$$$ talks.

Everyone will be ELATED by this news. All the hard parked power is now back in service. And it really is good news. YRC wouldn't permit them if we didn't need them.

Maybe good to you, have you seen some of those hard parked units?
Looks like somebody was using them as a spare parts room...........................

I would rather wait for a Volvo than drive a Sterling. My2cents, not YRC's viewpoint just reality. If you were deciding whether to pay to register tractors what would you do? Remember Rich G's heritage. $$$$$ talks.

Donate those Sterlings to ABF or UPS (Parcel), they seem to love them there.

I am OK with a Sterling but you have the movement of the equipment going the wrong way. ABF buys new and sells to companies that buy used equipment.

I must be the Only one liked those Sterlings....The few times I filled in on the road I thought I was in Heaven.....then again you should have seen what I had to drive in the city.