TForce | classification seniority

Seniority shall be used for all purposes. EITHER company for bidding vacations, changing class, and lay offs OR classification for bidding runs. BOTH ARE TYPES OF SENIORITY. So as per the contract seniority shall be used for all purposes. Either Or people as both are seniorities.

I was told, EVERYONE that has changed classification went through a new probationary period for that class.

its differnt at every term in SLC its your full time hire date not classification that screwed me right out of hours I was only getting 1- 3 days aweek so YRC celled me back and went back to make more money for a few months and enjoy the winter months

Classification seniority is a joke. Make it easy on everyone and just have a person's company date used for everything.

I guess New England was on the ball when we made one board seniority a priority before the contract was ratified. One list is the only fair way to go.

feeder driver from small pkg says they are all on the same list... he woorked city before going to feeder and went to the top of the bid list because of his time !!!

Seniority shall be used for all purposes. EITHER company for bidding vacations, changing class, and lay offs OR classification for bidding runs. BOTH ARE TYPES OF SENIORITY. So as per the contract seniority shall be used for all purposes. Either Or people as both are seniorities.

I was told, EVERYONE that has changed classification went through a new probationary period for that class.

does it make sence then : when it is slow that a 20 year company guy should sit at home and baby sit the phone do to his classification time and a 1 year company guy should work every day because he was hired as a driver before the 20 year man? :ranting2:

does it make sence then : when it is slow that a 20 year company guy should sit at home and baby sit the phone do to his classification time and a 1 year company guy should work every day because he was hired as a driver before the 20 year man? :ranting2:

I am a road driver, let's say I am tired of working nights. Are the city drivers going to agree that I should be able to fill an opening in the city board and become the number one city driver?

Does it make sence that it took a guy 20 years to go on the road. He knew what his fate would be, but he waited and waited and waited. In my gut, I don't feel it's right for a 1 year man to work over a 20 year man, but in my head I don't think it's right for a 20 year old procrastinator to complain either.

I am a road driver, let's say I am tired of working nights. Are the city drivers going to agree that I should be able to fill an opening in the city board and become the number one city driver?

Of course it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is.
Personally, I like the way Holland used to, or still does it.
After a year of a classification switch you could dovetail in and bid according to your company seniority.
Meaning, when you went to the road from the city, you were at the bottom for one year. Then you bid according to your company seniority.
Makes sense. Is fair. Definately keeps the snowbirds from jumping back and forth.

Of course it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is.
Personally, I like the way Holland used to, or still does it.
After a year of a classification switch you could dovetail in and bid according to your company seniority.
Meaning, when you went to the road from the city, you were at the bottom for one year. Then you bid according to your company seniority.
Makes sense. Is fair. Definately keeps the snowbirds from jumping back and forth.

The "year and a day" rule was pretty much practiced and still is under Master Freight in OHIO not just at Holland. :bye1:

on the subject of seniority the contract IS Very Clear on it in articale 5 the frist day you worked as a part timer will be the first day of your seniority and will be used for all purposes we can have 2 borads road and local cartage by company seniority and go by the contract

on the subject of seniority the contract IS Very Clear on it in articale 5 the frist day you worked as a part timer will be the first day of your seniority and will be used for all purposes we can have 2 borads road and local cartage by company seniority and go by the contract

actually its full time start not part time start.
and not all terminals except those i hear in the northeast are following this rule. :ranting:

but if you transfer to a new terminal..(transfer date = new terminal senority date) that is your senority date for bids and layoffs,wich i believe is fair. i mean can you imagine workin your *** ragged at your current terminal and some Ahole comes outa nowhere decides to transfers there and you get bumped down the totumpole..thats b.s. thankgod thats how it is at my little circus

but if you transfer to a new terminal..(transfer date = new terminal senority date) that is your senority date for bids and layoffs,wich i believe is fair. i mean can you imagine workin your *** ragged at your current terminal and some Ahole comes outa nowhere decides to transfers there and you get bumped down the totumpole..thats b.s. thankgod thats how it is at my little circus

If we could transfer with our seniority, there would be an over flow of drivers going to those hot spot retirement states where its warm. I know I would. I think all LTL company's are the same union and non union unless the employee is a forced transfer following the freight (work).

then how do you ovntgay read article 5 the frist day you worked as a probationary employee shall be your seniority i don't see classification in there no where maybe i missed it

we are not talking about transfer we are talking about using company seniority for all purposes like the contract says