SAIA | close to joining saia team

renegaderider

TB Lurker
Credits
applied at Saia got an interview and waiting to get called for road test and drug screen. Applied for line haul out of garland terminal. Will I get good miles as a newbie? Terminal manager said he was swamped thnx guys

When you get done with your week of training. Pack your bag for a week ( 5 sets of clothes ) and tell DLS dispatch you came here to work. That's the best way to start off wanting to work, not be home every day. Once you learn the system you shouldn't have no problem getting plenty of work (miles).

Yea I'm a be a linehaul after 18 years with J.B.Hunt the money wasn't there and figured now was time wanted to crossover to ltl side. I don't mind being out i live alone kids are grown. He said I'll be doing a lot of out and backs but i would love to average 2500 plus miles and I'll be happy

Thnx Jack Knife that sounds great I'll be grinning from ear to ear with that. I never pulled doubles before so it's kinda like a new beginning been driving trucks for 23 yrs. I'm looking forward to the challenge have learned a lot from you all on the truckers board and would like to thank u all.

Doubles are easy, just remember you can't back up, they track like a 45' around the turns and they really don't dance all that much. 18 years at JB Hunt???? Whoaaaaaa. God bless you.

Doubles are easy, just remember you can't back up, they track like a 45' around the turns and they really don't dance all that much. 18 years at JB Hunt???? Whoaaaaaa. God bless you.

I was thinking the same thing. I think he found a better home for sure...

Thnx Jack Knife that sounds great I'll be grinning from ear to ear with that. I never pulled doubles before so it's kinda like a new beginning been driving trucks for 23 yrs. I'm looking forward to the challenge have learned a lot from you all on the truckers board and would like to thank u all.

just be sure to do a god pretrip an make sure that the king pin is hooked, look after you pull, saia will send you a flash light first thing

Will do and thnx for the heads up on everything cause i was wondering on the turning part do i just make my turns as if i was pulling a 53 and I'll be ok

So for a new hire looking to work how many miles can you typically expect? If it takes being out 5 to get it then that's fine with me.

Also, just how slow can it get? And for how long?

Thx in advanced!

So for a new hire looking to work how many miles can you typically expect? If it takes being out 5 to get it then that's fine with me.

Also, just how slow can it get? And for how long?

Thx in advanced!

Out for 5 days, WOW! That sounds like a real trucking company...

I was offered a job today with saia for linehaul to. I'm nervous because I have my son every other week. Would central work with drivers?

The recruiter said they should call and set up my road drug test and physical and all goes well with that I'll get job offer. I'm know it takes time but I'm anxious to get it over with so I'll know I'm in.