SAIA | close to joining saia team

Just finished orientation got writers cramp from all the paperwork but I'm glad and thankful to be in top dock guy that been there 20 yrs said raise coming sometimes in July.

FYI.
I think you guys are making a good choice going with Saia. I started April 1st and cant complain. I run Linehaul and my worst week has been 2780 miles. I have been home every day except two. The only thing I can say is you need to be able to figure things out on your own. Communication is not their strong point. But, the drivers here are more than willing to help. So my advice if you have questions is just ask a driver. I looked at several LTLs before moving to Saia. When you add up the pay and benefits they are right up there with the best of them if not at the top. I had interviews with Fedex and OD and glad I chose Saia.

FYI.
I think you guys are making a good choice going with Saia. I started April 1st and cant complain. I run Linehaul and my worst week has been 2780 miles. I have been home every day except two. The only thing I can say is you need to be able to figure things out on your own. Communication is not their strong point. But, the drivers here are more than willing to help. So my advice if you have questions is just ask a driver. I looked at several LTLs before moving to Saia. When you add up the pay and benefits they are right up there with the best of them if not at the top. I had interviews with Fedex and OD and glad I chose Saia.
I know many guys that work at Saia.........The work environment is top notch....Big on safety and good pay....You couldn't ask for more.

Welcome to the saia family driver most important thing is make safety your #1 priority we have a very strict safety dept here which overall is a good thing don't complain ,do what's asked of you stay safe and don't stir up any trouble and you will go far

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thnx and I will. I know as long as I got a good driving record I'll have a driving job here or somewhere. I leave tomorrow night with my trainer going to Colorado. They say I'll do 3 trips with trainer then they will turn me loose.

FYI.

Are you a systems driver? I start back with saia in 2 weeks as a linehaul driver on system. TM made it sound like I'll be doing mostly out and backs and turns. Yeah he said it'll be possible I'll be sent out all week but he said they have alot of freight that has to come back to the terminal. Also can someone please answer this. Do you get paid for hook and breaks? I thought I read on here you do but when I asked the terminal manager he said that is all included in the mileage pay and if you are asked to back your trailer in the dock you get paid extra

you get .45 hrs for a d/h (pups) .30 for a van. no pay first hook and last drop unless you are nca.no pay for breaks and no pay for fueling. I came out of system a few months back, stayed out 5 days at a time. the other system driver was home more

You don't get paid for your first and last drop and hook but you get paid for all of them in between $10 each. As for putting the trailer in the dock you are required to put your lead in but not your rear but if you wanna be a nice guy and get some brownie points you can but I'd make him pay me as long as he is offering that's an extra $50 week on your check

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well went thru a week of line haul training and for awhile there boy my head was spinning. A lot of info but it was exciting and I love it I really like it here at Saia and I had and excellent trainer couldn't believe how fast pace it was. They give u just enough time to get to your destination but after a couple of weeks i know a lot of stuff will be automatic to me and I want have to think as much but u sure can make good money here. Glad to be at Saia