XPO | Conference call 9/28/14

I heard trucks turned up to 65, a raise (not sure how much), and vac more than 40hrs paid per week... Sorry so vague but thats all I got.

All true, also 3 years to top out. As for the vacation time, up to 60 hours can be used in one week if you have that much earned.

You had better make sure that your co-workers are willing to strike and lose money before you even cast a vote..it's going to come down to a strike to get anything done..

How 'bout just wait til Monday, and see what they come up with..I hope it's fair to everyone..

And ya'll need to quit being late to LPR..
WE have been on time it's Those night time west drivers who are late. LOL
I don't know what's going to happen here we all know that. But the past history since Jerry and John left is give 1 thing and take 2. I understand people thinking they are going to change, but I just don;t see it. When I started here I had a buddy tell me Conway needed a union, I said no we have everything you do except a little less in pay, we are inline with a regional union line.
Now fast forward to today, and look at what we have. Every major ltl company makes more than us. UPS FREIGHT makes 66 cents a mile going to 72.5 cents a mile 07/2015. So no one can tell me a union line can't make money.
It won't come to a strike. it will go back and forth and then go to arbitration. The only thing at that point is we have to hope we had some good drivers on the contract committee and not get run over by either side.
Any until we hear in the meeting in the morning we really don't know.

All true, also 3 years to top out. As for the vacation time, up to 60 hours can be used in one week if you have that much earned.

So my source did not give me this info... kept the good stuff to himself to snooker me ... my source has always been straight up ... sorry for the misleading and getting snarky guitarman

Go back and listen to the shareholders meetings on the ConJob web site.
Then you will understand ........................
you know, I believe they really don't know what they're doing. Why is the board of directors and shareholders leaving Greg L and Doug S in place? What about all of the underlings under Greg L? They need to go to: lore den?, Moss and any other with this mind set.

WE have been on time it's Those night time west drivers who are late. LOL
I don't know what's going to happen here we all know that. But the past history since Jerry and John left is give 1 thing and take 2. I understand people thinking they are going to change, but I just don;t see it. When I started here I had a buddy tell me Conway needed a union, I said no we have everything you do except a little less in pay, we are inline with a regional union line.
Now fast forward to today, and look at what we have. Every major ltl company makes more than us. UPS FREIGHT makes 66 cents a mile going to 72.5 cents a mile 07/2015. So no one can tell me a union line can't make money.
It won't come to a strike. it will go back and forth and then go to arbitration. The only thing at that point is we have to hope we had some good drivers on the contract committee and not get run over by either side.
Any until we hear in the meeting in the morning we really don't know.
You can't compare us to ups freight..ups has very deep pockets. We compare to abf or od; and then they don't even operate next day like we do.

You can't compare us to ups freight..ups has very deep pockets. We compare to abf or od; and then they don't even operate next day like we do.

Yes we can compare to ups freight. They cover there own bills. your right od does it better. What I mean by that is they move ALL there own freight no shiny wheels. The other thing they do is keep the freight moving, when it hits a yard some one else backs under it. In my opinion they have better nerds then we do.

The next day market is something many shippers aren't even interested in anymore. They just want their stuff delivered cheap and damage free. Neither of which we do well.

The next day market is something many shippers aren't even interested in anymore. They just want their stuff delivered cheap and damage free. Neither of which we do well.

I have to disagree, the next day market is big. From what I see..just my opinion.

60% of ABF's business is in the 1&2 day markets and growing all the time!

60% of ABF's business is in the 1&2 day markets and growing all the time!

And they have a reputation of not damaging freight; that's where we need to be. And if they do as Smokin' joe and others have said,' the Right thing', then we will achieve that level of service.

Conway spends way too much on claims..

Ok so my source says raises will be coming- but in incremental adjustments. They will claim they were planning to do this all the time.
This is all I could get for now... But it sounds like a company spin game. Don't fall for it, stay strong and press on!

Ok so my source says raises will be coming- but in incremental adjustments. They will claim they were planning to do this all the time. This is all I could get for now... But it sounds like a company spin game. Don't fall for it, stay strong and press on!
if anyone thought that we are going to get anything significant, I think your being foolish.

Not surprised with what I'm reading about the conference call. The GO has stated for many years that they will do anything and everything to avoid the union. Now that the union avoidance reps have been dispatched I will make some popcorn and sit back to watch the games. Good luck to both sides.

Ok everyone you will read it here first. Price increases on the freight will go in effect tomorrow to be used as a scare tactic to for all of you to rethink your union vote. This just proves that the over abundance of arrogance still runs blissful in this corporation. They are predicting that it will get slow to break all of your pocketbooks and wills to feed your families. I just Greg L warned all of you in the video that your decision will affect your families. If you look at past history and line it up ..... it all makes sense.

An increases is just what we need, We already have more freight than we can handle.. Increase=less freight less freight= less claims less claims=more profit. and less ot.

Just like when the tried to put yrc out buy cutting rates they're trying to starve us... Hope they give an honest handshake to all the guys that just graduated conway freight driving program and tell them get used to 20 hours a week.. Who am I kidding, these guys are the farthest thing from honest

Not sure what they do at your barn but at ours newbies get the hours senior guys get 8 unless its to help management out then we get ot