XPO | Congratulations! ! You can thank Laredo!

Even if we did go union, I would not be rallying for a pension because I feel I don't have enough control over my retirement money. I prefer 401k because it's an account with my name on it ONLY, my money is not going into a pool shared by others. The problem with the Social Security fund is that it's a shared pool of money where those who contribute have no control over how the money is dispersed or managed, I don't see where pension funds are much different than that. You guys talking about getting 4900/mo or more, what about the guy putting in who still has 30 yrs to retirement? What's going to be in it for him? And why should he have to trust others to manage his retirement? Yes, I said "my" an awful lot, on purpose because "we" means I have to trust others whom I feel have no vested interest in MY future.

Even if we did go union, I would not be rallying for a pension because I feel I don't have enough control over my retirement money. I prefer 401k because it's an account with my name on it ONLY, my money is not going into a pool shared by others. The problem with the Social Security fund is that it's a shared pool of money where those who contribute have no control over how the money is dispersed or managed, I don't see where pension funds are much different than that. You guys talking about getting 4900/mo or more, what about the guy putting in who still has 30 yrs to retirement? What's going to be in it for him? And why should he have to trust others to manage his retirement? Yes, I said "my" an awful lot, on purpose because "we" means I have to trust others whom I feel have no vested interest in MY future.
Together, "we" can improve your condition.

A few trucks? That means you have Teamsters driving for you. How is their pension looking?

You know he didn't take care of his drivers. He is one of the " them " he hates so much !

I can hear it already.... Just trying to make a profit, man. We can't be affording all that money going to the drivers. I got all these bills to pay. blah blah blah

You don't know. And you know you don't know. And we all know you don't know.

You make contemptuous presumptions/accusations to further your own agenda. With that and other demonstrations of dishonesty you lose all credibility.

Who can take you seriously with crap like this?

To be perfectly honest, and this is not intended as a joke, in all my years as a teamster the only ppl who got paid on grievances without a massive battle were the company pukes.
You totally have your information wrong. Why would the company pay them if they were right to begin with??
Puke or no puke this is how we as front linesman police and enforce our seniority and contract. It's a beautiful thing. Fair is Fair. Contract is Contract.
Had this been Con-way, most of these issues would have been swept under the rug, kept hush hush with no recourse for you guys other than a sour face and a blow to your company moral.

The company screwed up, they admitted it, and paid those who were violated. Happens all the time.
Right on the money.

We. Would never get that..so why bother..that why I said they done. Theyr not writing contracts like that no more.

I was promised that by jerry detter in 1994. Why do you think everyone that used to bleed brown and orange is pissed. That and the four weeks of vacation that was stolen from us. Not one of the drivers in my barn will forgive and forget.

This is my opinion and my opinion only. I came from your home turf once and I am no slacker in any way shape or form.
Of course there will be total disagreement to what I have posted.

This is from a previous thread for the ones that don't venture away from their home turf. You guys have a lot to look forward to if you do go. It's a new beginning where you have some control. That doesn't mean run the company to the ground. Con-way and the union will not let that happen. It's the discrepancies you can control.
Dues are deductable, 15 minute break nearly pays for 1 week of dues so , what's to lose?

With third party representation. You are more secure in knowing their is a true grievance process compared to what you have now. The team you have looking after you now wants to still be able to manipulate everything and do it at their own free will and shove it down your throats. You have a bigger voice and chance to stop that aggravating morale killing behavior.
Your going to have your ups and downs with either side but you are way more protected on the represented side. Your company created this disruption for not truly hearing your voices now they are catering to you in a small way by giving back what they took, yet manipulating the reasons why there is a wage increase. You guys are smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors your kool aid has been tainted way too long. Again...my opinion.

ANN ARBOR, Mich., Sept. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Inc. (CNW) announced today enhancements to its compensation package for drivers at its less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier, Con-way Freight. These changes provide for increases in current pay rates while reducing the time it takes for drivers to reach top pay scale.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/con-way-announces-enhancements-driver-120000495.html

Is this in response to the union activity?

IMO: Of course it is but they will never tell you. It's a way to get you guys to back down. Just a bone they took away from you and are forced into "giving it back to you". You guys are suddenly a precious asset to them and they love love love you and cherish all you've sacrificed.
They are scared to death and they still want the ability to man handle you without third party representation. When all this activity dies down, they will become more stern and take-aways will continue by than the movement will be much weaker. It's a cycle. You guys are strong and winning at the moment.
Stock prices will stabilize because the market tends to be more proactive and thus react too fast. It happens everywhere.

Good Luck in your decisions for or against representation.

[video=youtube_share;nvlTJrNJ5lA]http://youtu.be/nvlTJrNJ5lA[/video]

Mine is very alive and kicking! Probably get around 4900.00 a month when im done ..

It's fine that you are getting that, I wish I could see those amounts and I'm totally jealous. In reality it's confuses the newer Teamster but they will see more than they are seeing now.
If the domino effect happens, their Contract will never be the NMFA. Those glory days are over for a long time and I seriously doubt their pension will ever be handled by Central States. If it were controlled by them, I would really make be nervous and concerned. IMO That is the black eye and achilles heel of the union.
I'm UPS Freight and thankfully UPS was smart enough to dump that money bleeding area to concentrate on their own people.

You have total control of your retirement ? Really? Let us all in on why you let the markets flucuate so much then, because I know when I had a 401 it took a lot of work to make sure I didn't lose my investments.

It's a good thing all bankers and investment firms can be trusted. Never been a criminal among them, right?
They do have my future in mind when they do what they do.

You know he didn't take care of his drivers. He is one of the " them " he hates so much !

I can hear it already.... Just trying to make a profit, man. We can't be affording all that money going to the drivers. I got all these bills to pay. blah blah blah
When I retire I will buy a few trucks & you & a few others on here can come drive for me, with your thinking I will make so much money my kids & their kids will never have to work.... Keep on trucking....

How about stay at 62mph and put the 5 or 6 million or whatever the number was that they would spend on fuel into a defined pension

Thanks for Laredo starting this, but if it wasn't for the 30 plus terminals organizing efforts and adding more interest, we would have seen no change. Everybody should be thanking the Teamsters and the passion of a lot of us trying to organize, otherwise you would have seen nothing. Don't think Conway was just trying to do the right thing, Odfl still makes more then us with a better retirement, along with fedex, abf, and ups freight with a pension. Your clueless, the teamsters got you a raise, we still need a retirement and security, keep the drive alive
What a lively discussion.. What was it that Thomas Jefferson said desention is the great form of democracy ..
Where did the money come from??? Is it money they had? Were "gonna" give us in the future? And most laughable , money that they took out of there upcoming bonuses? What I've seen from these people the last 7 years is criminal.. This is the moment to change how they look at us, their own personnel piggy bank

unless they changed the laws Conway can go back and take the money they contributed if they need it and if they go bk you lose that contribution

No that means I have 3 teamsters driving for me, and I can tell you for a fact it's more than $1300.00 a month!!!! LOL

$1300? Do you pay into the central states?

Do you give them everything they want at contact negotiations? I know they never need to file grievances against you.

You can come off with the dumbest sh** of anyone on here, Your like an over flowing toilet!!! Sh** every where!! And in the end it still ends up as sewage!!!!