TForce | contract:::company wants

Wildlife

TB Lurker
Credits
The company is asking to hire other employees that will be soley utilized by Central Dispatch. ( they will be union members but at a lower pay scale.)
They will work before you or I. They will be the ones that walk into the dispatched and get any load available while you sit or be sent home. Its running a wild board out of your terminal by central dispatch. OH dont worry they will be unionized so you cant *****. All terminals will have this. The company has its own interest to take care of. Oh yeah and the dock workers think theire job is safe,NOT. Remember that Bonus the company wants to give,,(HAHAHA) Casual work is just that, nothing says they plan to use casual... Part timers (4hrs) a day .. you fill in the rest of the story Road drive good luck

contract:::company wants

The company is asking to hire other employees that will be soley utilized by Central Dispatch. ( they will be union members but at a lower pay scale.)
They will work before you or I. They will be the ones that walk into the dispatched and get any load available while you sit or be sent home. Its running a wild board out of your terminal by central dispatch. OH dont worry they will be unionized so you cant *****. All terminals will have this. The company has its own interest to take care of. Oh yeah and the dock workers think theire job is safe,NOT. Remember that Bonus the company wants to give,,(HAHAHA) Casual work is just that, nothing says they plan to use casual... Part timers (4hrs) a day .. you fill in the rest of the story Road drive good luck
Where did you hear this story? I've never heard this tale before and I've heard both conference calls and have been trying to stay up on the latest news about negotiations. That's one I've not heard.

contract:::company wants

Sounds good to me I'm working to hard anyway...:LMAO:

You have posted 7 times on this message board since you became a member in October of 2007.
So you are the expert,on UPS's hiring practices'?
Based on what?
What gives you the license to come to this forum posting a negative report, without a source,other than you know these things.

Where did you hear this story? I've never heard this tale before and I've heard both conference calls and have been trying to stay up on the latest news about negotiations. That's one I've not heard.

That's what it is a tall tale...:LMAO:

Tell me you didn't fall for that post Cavscoutdad. :LMAO: Say it isn't so...

Do you always attack a person because you dont like a post. Get over it... To answer your smart>>> I have been on here a lot longer than you think. As for UPS hireing practice , I do work for UPS. ...

Do you always attack a person because you dont like a post. Get over it... To answer your smart>>> I have been on here a lot longer than you think. As for UPS hireing practice , I do work for UPS. ...

I didn't attack you. I just thought it was a silly post. I happen to believe it's a great place to work. Going to be even better after this next contract... And I've been here over 30 years...

I took it as a attack. You been here 30 yrs. CONGRATS. so your top seniority. If you are a driver you must have one of the money maker runs that dont get cancelled ). So your pay is not affected. If your dock, jocky and dont forget clerks all you have to worry about is gettin to work on time. Sleeper teams lost mileage , miles = wage. ; Schedule guys runs cut ..to give to third party carrier : fill in and xtra driver ...they are just hope to get a few days of work in. ...Good contract? Maybe you need to a little more informed

Same as my friend Skeeter I did not attack you,I just asked you a question.
Where do you get off posting a negative report on just your say so?

You kind of remind me of a former driver from Motor cargo who used to do the same as you.
I guarantee you if UPS hadn't purchased Overnite the way they did,when they did,Overnite would have never lasted.

If you are a UPS employee.
Why would you want to post something of a negative nature with out saying where your information is coming from?

I just could never understand why a company employee of any business would desire to see turmoil within their ranks?

No I beg to differ with you,I am not attacking you I am just curious.

I am not trying to be NEG. I was told this by a union person it was just a slip on his part and they were not to say anything, I was not happy over that statement either. you could say I was a little pissed when that statement was made. I am like everyone else, wait for the contract to come our way and find out what we get. Turmoil...maybe some union officals need to keep mouth shut...

:regretful:

I,ve told people the same thing way back when negotiations started. even if they remove the second paragraph on subcontracting. It still says work currently being performed. Which means contractors doing the work will continue to do the work. The company proposes to make the sub,s union members and the Union is happy (receiving more dues). WE have got to watch the wording on contracting or we will get screwed for 5 more years fighting over language. The contract should read. All line work to be performed be employees currently on a linehaul list at an existing UPS Freight facility.

:regretful:

I,ve told people the same thing way back when negotiations started. even if they remove the second paragraph on subcontracting. It still says work currently being performed. Which means contractors doing the work will continue to do the work. The company proposes to make the sub,s union members and the Union is happy (receiving more dues). WE have got to watch the wording on contracting or we will get screwed for 5 more years fighting over language. The contract should read. All line work to be performed be employees currently on a linehaul list at an existing UPS Freight facility.

eatups, We are all going to make sure of the language this time around...

I sure hoped you all read your contract page30 article 44 of contract....
You have posted 7 times on this message board since you became a member in October of 2007.
So you are the expert,on UPS's hiring practices'?
Based on what?
What gives you the license to come to this forum posting a negative report, without a source,other than you know these things.

Last edited by a moderator: