XPO | Conway goes union---- will they will go out of business ?

uwork4me

TB Lurker
Credits
Guys, i have been on both sides of the fence.....conways whole philosophy is a non-union mentality. From its drivers to supervisors, sales and operations...to just change on a dime would have such a negative impact on operations...not to mention the learning curve would just kill any momentum of making money...i get that upper management and supervisors treat you like crap and everything else......conway is the devil you know...remember that !!

In my opinion if they fold its because they choose to do so. Im not a pro union guy by any stretch but I think their whole deal with not wanting the "U" is it might effect salaries and bonuses somehow plus they might actually be held accountable and have to treat you like a human. One mans opinion and Im to the point where I could care less if we unionize or not Im looking for an out. Tired of the bs I'm done.

well i guess its time for management to be schooled. old school style, the teamsters style. tell the devil to hang on , its going to be one hell of a ride!!!

The company WILL NOT GO OUT OF BUSINESS. Union or no union,we are going to still be picking up and delivering freight.

They cant be to worried about it they have a chance to make it right.Instead they order 500 more trucks give only a little something to 10 year men screw everyone else.They think we are a bunch of low life truckers who already have to much they dont think we have the guts!Its all changed the past is gone, except it for what it is or do something about it.Doesnt really matter to me i am only one person cant do it alone so hoping for the best either way been on both sides its time for everyone to make a choice and jump.

It will drive away customers, we will experience lay-offs. We'll go to two seperate boards instead of one. Linehaulers will sit at home when they don't have a run, instead of being able to work the dock. And we will still have sub-service. If you don't have atleast 2 years in, then you might want to be looking for another job. OD is hiring.

Con-way has a plan. The plan is to not to have you pro union guys in it. They will run the freight around your terminals. If your state is an at will employer they can pretty much do what they want.

It will drive away customers, we will experience lay-offs. We'll go to two seperate boards instead of one. Linehaulers will sit at home when they don't have a run, instead of being able to work the dock. And we will still have sub-service. If you don't have atleast 2 years in, then you might want to be looking for another job. OD is hiring.

Glad to know OD is hiring; so are we.

The ONLY part of this that you can guarantee is that we will still have some sub service.

The rest is calculated hysteria to promote paralyzing fears and you know it.

More Chicken Little Syndrome.

Con-way has a plan. The plan is to not to have you pro union guys in it. They will run the freight around your terminals. If your state is an at will employer they can pretty much do what they want.
A strike won't last long. There are very few people whom can sit and not work for an extended period of time. When these 90K drivers start thinking about not getting paid, oh yeah, they'll go to work. For sure. It's not bad here.

Glad to know OD is hiring; so are we.

The ONLY part of this that you can guarantee is that we will still have some sub service.

The rest is calculated hysteria to promote paralyzing fears and you know it.

More Chicken Little Syndrome.

People will sit at home if they are a linehauler and there is no work. That's not chicken little syndrome, that's fact.

The customers will go with who has the best price and gets the stuff from point a too point b in damage free. As for O.D that may not be bad who's stock is worth more. Please tell me i don't know.

The customers will go with who has the best price and gets the stuff from point a too point b in damage free. As for O.D that may not be bad who's stock is worth more. Please tell me i don't know.

We won't be able to give a good price. They would have to shrink the work force and business to a managable level. And then go from there. We would never catch up to OD stock price again. This is not chic little syndrome... look at history and look at financials.. And please don't anybody us UPS as an example. They are way out of our league with that 50 billion revenue.

We won't be able to give a good price. They would have to shrink the work force and business to a managable level. And then go from there. We would never catch up to OD stock price again. This is not chic little syndrome... look at history and look at financials.. And please don't anybody us UPS as an example. They are way out of our league with that 50 billion revenue.
I remember the chic little syndrome trem well. It was use a lot when lawofone was telling you what and how things would happen. Most did happen. i remember a quote: I can tell whats going to happen, I just can't tell you when.

I remember the chic little syndrome trem well. It was use a lot when lawofone was telling you what and how things would happen. Most did happen. i remember a quote: I can tell whats going to happen, I just can't tell you when.
I was thinking Mercock was the one who started the chicken little stuff..

I was thinking Mercock was the one who started the chicken little stuff..
I think you're right about that. You guy's have fun its gym time. A glass of egg white and a big jugg of hemo rage pre-work out drink and i'm gone.

we have the highest prices now what would change?Remeber the 6.9% increase od ,dayton all the smaller didnt do that only three or four big did and we felt it last week.What would change just sayin.

Guys, i have been on both sides of the fence.....conways whole philosophy is a non-union mentality. From its drivers to supervisors, sales and operations...to just change on a dime would have such a negative impact on operations...not to mention the learning curve would just kill any momentum of making money...i get that upper management and supervisors treat you like crap and everything else......conway is the devil you know...remember that !!

No...absolutely hell no...Con-way is NOT going to go out business...at least not over any union issues.

The initial issues would be one of 'grievance' procedures...as most employees have no 'real' exposure as to how these things work. It is going to be a steep learning curve...both for management and employee alike.

What will make the difference..success or failure is how each entity embraces the concept.

If the company resigns itself to the fact that some of its rank and file have chosen to be represented by a union and therefore will deal with it accordingly then the union and company will co-exist in peace...

Inversely, if those represented by a union realize the company still needs to be profitable to survive then things will abide.

The prob at Con-Way is not the company per se...but the jackass local managers (TMs and FOSs) who have been indoctrinated into the concept of 'numbers' and fear...fear of not enforcing (to the nth degree) assine rules that accomplish nothing...and NOT meeting the numbers the company demands.

Con-Way will be around for a long time...they just need a severe housecleaning in the executive offices...and at the local level as well.

Rat

custumers don't care who's the best. walmart's # 1 carrier yrc

Eventually, Yes. Unions will not be able to compete long term with the non's. Look back 20 years--how many of those union LTL's are still around? How many nons are still around? Admittedly, many of both are gone--however, I think you'll see a larger % of the non's have survived simply because of the cost to do business in those two distinct environments.