XPO | Conway goes union---- will they will go out of business ?

Yeah, of course we will. Atleast I will be. I havworkers e plenty of senioriyourselft be laid-off.

Typical of you I have enough seniority too but i still think of my co workers always thinking of yourself that's the problem at this place people like you thinking that way and besides if you were so high and mighty and have all this seniority maybe you would do conway a favor and retire!!!

Typical of you I have enough seniority too but i still think of my co workers always thinking of yourself that's the problem at this place people like you thinking that way and besides if you were so high and mighty and have all this seniority maybe you would do conway a favor and retire!!!

How would him retiring help Con-way ?

He does his job and takes the money.

Don't complain much about anything.

He's no Merdok. But he seems like a pretty good example of what a Con-way driver should be.

Guys, i have been on both sides of the fence.....conways whole philosophy is a non-union mentality. From its drivers to supervisors, sales and operations...to just change on a dime would have such a negative impact on operations...not to mention the learning curve would just kill any momentum of making money...i get that upper management and supervisors treat you like crap and everything else......conway is the devil you know...remember that !!

Let's remember that this is a public company on the marker. Conway management does not have the authority to close down due to this.

When they shut down CF it was a bankruptcy and they had Conway to fall on. Now they are flying solo. You would think they would have learned their lesson with how to treat people from their previous experience.

Its funny how the most anti union companies out there treat their employees worse than anyone and then cry their eyes out like a bunch of stuck pigs when the employees decide to stand up for themselves. Its sickening!!

Con-Way won't go any where,there biggest problem is the dead weight at G.O.When CF went down and Jerry was running Con-Way he had a plan and it worked for him,I swallowed it hook line and sinker.Now here come the new yehoos,fool me once shame on me fool me twice,not going to happen.They can't run around Laredo,it handles 6% of Con-Ways business,I hope they don't sleep a wink this weekend.After sitting in those monday meetings listening to them(mgmt)tell me how they were going to push the dsr's off the dock and back on the road or city route and changing the bids around,bringing in sub-service and dockworkers was for the better.They asked for this and if they do have to lay off,they said the dockworkers would go first,right!

In my opinion if they fold its because they choose to do so. Im not a pro union guy by any stretch but I think their whole deal with not wanting the "U" is it might effect salaries and bonuses somehow plus they might actually be held accountable and have to treat you like a human. One mans opinion and Im to the point where I could care less if we unionize or not Im looking for an out. Tired of the bs I'm done.

Welcome to the freight industry

It will drive away customers, we will experience lay-offs. We'll go to two seperate boards instead of one. Linehaulers will sit at home when they don't have a run, instead of being able to work the dock. And we will still have sub-service. If you don't have atleast 2 years in, then you might want to be looking for another job. OD is hiring.
Yeah go OD no overtime until you hit 55 hours.

People will sit at home if they are a linehauler and there is no work. That's not chicken little syndrome, that's fact.
They do not have to have 2 boards. They can make any work rules they want. The biggest benefit of the union in my opinion is having work rules with consequences for both sides if they are not followed.

As a 25 year employee (and not a very active member here) I am certain that CW will never shut down because of a union vote. The only reason the union won the vote is that we have all witnessed the deterioration of how employees are treated. Jobs are given out based on favoritism. We lost a full year of vacation accruals when they changed the way PTO was earned. We have seen huge changes in benefits, especially insurance co-pays. The "rat cams" on the dash are there for the sole purpose of putting paper on us every time you hit a bump. I could go on forever about the things that were taken away or changed to make our lives more difficult. Although I am not a union supporter, I fully understand the frustration that made this issue pass.

You are commenting on stuff from three years ago. Really.

But I am sure he still feels the same way now. So he likely will reply.

So this post is really just a bump that the thread didn't deserve.

But you posted a senseless comment about something you claimed was a senseless comment.

And being the king of senseless comments, I must one up you.

So let me ask you. What is the difference between an orange ? Not sure ? Well, me either. But it must have something to do with a lawn mower. Because hedgehogs don't have sleeves.

You make no sense, and talk about senseless post??? You blow up like a spoiled 7th grader!!! Doesn't matter when the post was written, is there a highspeeds time limit on when and where you can comment on a post!!! Sorry your not getting your way with things, I hate it for you!! Just take a deep breath and it will be ok........ Just remember, women and children first, that means you have to wait till the women get in the life boat first!!

I sure hope they don't shut us down, I really like my blue uniform. It brings out my eyes.

I think we need to wait and see how the company reacts. They are setting a precedent with how they respond.