XPO | Conway Six Sigma

Lean methodology is Greg L s forte and baby. If you read his bio that's his specialty. I believe if Greg go so will lean. As I've said before. Invest in workforce , IT, and necessities of our business and you will see a much greater return. Too many people trying to justifiy/keep the gravy executive jobs.

Greg has convinced Dougie and the BOD that LEAN is the future...the corporate result is a bunch of folks trying to embrace LEAN and its principles...either they get onboard or they get replaced.
At least until Greg goes or the BOD loses enough money and pulls the plug.

There are some places it makes sense; billing,office procedures, parts, maintenance... Static processes. But when they put signs at the ramp that say ramp, one on the gate that says gate, put tape around where the start must go on the sector desk, and it cannot move or someone pees their pants , it's just asinine. As usual, instead of studying it to see how it could benefit us, they went headlong into it. Now they can't stop. Too big to fail. And too much money wasted.
It's working,,I got a lot of OT last year..while they were trying to make it work.

The one place a sign is needed is in the men's room. " please place used toilet tissue IN the toilet then flush " . And make it several different languages!!!!!!

Greg has convinced Dougie and the BOD that LEAN is the future...the corporate result is a bunch of folks trying to embrace LEAN and its principles...either they get onboard or they get replaced.
At least until Greg goes or the BOD loses enough money and pulls the plug.

Yes I Agree! Yes I Agree! I even concur with that statement!!

WRONG Lean Six Sigma for Con-way was killed in 2010. Too much too fast and too complex for freight. LEAN only is being used. If you are a real UPS employee you have no room to talk. Standards are set with time studies at UPS, so much so that on a package car study they count your steps. Before you start talking smack about Con-way, look in your own house. UPS is the king of controlling employee movement.

WRONG Lean Six Sigma for Con-way was killed in 2010. Too much too fast and too complex for freight. LEAN only is being used. If you are a real UPS employee you have no room to talk. Standards are set with time studies at UPS, so much so that on a package car study they count your steps. Before you start talking smack about Con-way, look in your own house. UPS is the king of controlling employee movement.
And they're compensated nicely in all areas

I was just surprised that those methodologies were being used. In feeders (yes I am a real UPS Parcel Tractor-Trailer Driver) you just don't hear about it. Package Car might be different but I never drove a package car so there nothing to compare. No one is talking smack either I was asking a question and as far as my house goes apparently we must do the same thing only we haven't had issues with it. Must be a culture thing.

everytime this company brings in new upper management they are from a junk company and they bring a stupid idea with them which is started here. our terminal has a tm that should be running a mickey d's buy instead he's in charge of driver's who as a group know far more than he will ever know.so like every where else in conway he destroys just another part of this company with 0 respect for the driver.

everytime this company brings in new upper management they are from a junk company and they bring a stupid idea with them which is started here. our terminal has a tm that should be running a mickey d's buy instead he's in charge of driver's who as a group know far more than he will ever know.so like every where else in conway he destroys just another part of this company with 0 respect for the driver.

This is part of ehy employees are reaching out...
A top down house cleaning has been needed for several years...

NO disrespect to the UPS feeder driver meant at all. BUT you have to admit your freight business is a mess. They are in no way comparable to your package business. It was done to compete with FedEx who came up with the idea of the "bundle" of services to shippers. LTL is another animal onto itself. You don't have to deal with supervisors who send you out with a 53' to make city deliveries and pick ups, when you tell them you're going to bring back some of the stops because you can't get into the place with a long box, they tell you to take it anyway. ALL LTL companies have some incompetent management in positions. The problem is some have more than others, those with less do a better job of keeping the company doors open. As a driver my preferences are the ones that can keep the doors open by managing not only their people but the operation. I've seen too many organized companies go under, some of it greed some of it stubbornness by the brotherhood. The saying goes "You won the battle (grievance), but you lost the war(close the doors).

Ur going to have to scan the ****ter like os and d before u enterthen press 1or 2 so they know where u are. I should suggest it huh. Maybe I'll get a star card if they even have them anymore.