Yellow | Daily bill count-system wide

Is that the best you can come up with?
Once again you want somebody else to do the job for you while you sit back and get paid. You don't even care that once again you ride the coattails of some teamsters that fought for you.
Don't worry though we all must grow up sooner or later. Maybe then you can walk with your head high instead of hiding behind your monitor.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

[quote author=DanSullivan link=topic=76855.msg827390#msg827390 date=1273103792]
[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=76855.msg827294#msg827294 date=1273082742]
It pains me to make this post...but I am sure you all understand what this is all about. If I have information, I beleive in sharing it. I have been able to get daily bill counts for quite sometime now, as you know.As of today, I will no longer have that ability, as YRCW has restricted this information to certain individuals, and they are not allowed to divulge anymore bill counts.Now, I would expect that if things are rolling along and we are increasing shipments everyday, I would think that the bill counts would be something to brag about....not hide about? My numbers were right, and we proved it at the COO.....now we will never know the actual truth again, as YRC management is no longer allowed to devulge that progress (or lack there of?) anymore!.....KK[/quote] The negative implications of this far outweigh the negatives of some weak bill count numbers. This management just makes one blunder after another. Conway passed YRC on 1st quarter revenue. Is this the 1st time for that?[/quote]

I noticed that as well, And I believe that is the first time......... That would make us #3 behind Fed-Ex and now Con-Way......... Could be one of the reasons why Zollars quit spouting off one of his many lies, Well it is still on the website, and I quote.............YRC Worldwide has the largest, most-comprehensive network in North America......As of right now both Con-Way and Fed-Ex have more terminals and cover more area then us........Nice try Bill........We are down to 325 terminals and still shrinking................

[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=76855.msg827439#msg827439 date=1273112540]
[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=76855.msg827294#msg827294 date=1273082742]
It pains me to make this post...but I am sure you all understand what this is all about. If I have information, I beleive in sharing it. I have been able to get daily bill counts for quite sometime now, as you know.As of today, I will no longer have that ability, as YRCW has restricted this information to certain individuals, and they are not allowed to divulge anymore bill counts.Now, I would expect that if things are rolling along and we are increasing shipments everyday, I would think that the bill counts would be something to brag about....not hide about? My numbers were right, and we proved it at the COO.....now we will never know the actual truth again, as YRC management is no longer allowed to devulge that progress (or lack there of?) anymore!.....KK[/quote] The negative implications of this far outweigh the negatives of some weak bill count numbers. This management just makes one blunder after another. Conway passed YRC on 1st quarter revenue. Is this the 1st time for that?[/quote]

I noticed that as well, And I believe that is the first time......... That would make us #3 behind Fed-Ex and now Con-Way......... Could be one of the reasons why Zollars quit spouting off one of his many lies, Well it is still on the website, and I quote.............YRC Worldwide has the largest, most-comprehensive network in North America......As of right now both Con-Way and Fed-Ex have more terminals and cover more area then us........Nice try Bill........We are down to 325 terminals and still shrinking................
[/quote]

And if you look Metalmike both FedEx (freight) and Con-Way are also losing money . Yes not as much as us but they are gaining more market share because of discounts and operating over 1.00 .

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=76855.msg827446#msg827446 date=1273113626]

[/quote]

And if you look Metalmike both FedEx (freight) and Con-Way are also losing money . Yes not as much as us but they are gaining more market share because of discounts and operating over 1.00 .
[/quote]
Yes I agree there, But they are both growing while we are still shrinking..........And haven't lost no where close to what we lost over the last couple years..........Hell I bet we lost more in the last 12 quarters then both of them have since they been in the LTL business........I'm only talking since there was a Fed-Ex Freight and Con-Way Freight..... Not Viking and what ever other companys they were in the past....

[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=76855.msg827451#msg827451 date=1273114315]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes I agree there, But they are both growing while we are still shrinking..........And haven't lost no where close to what we lost over the last couple years..........Hell I bet we lost more in the last 12 quarters then both of them have since they been in the LTL business........I'm only talking since there was a Fed-Ex Freight and Con-Way Freight..... Not Viking and what ever other companys they were in the past....
[/quote]

Great post and I have to agree with you :thumbsup: You hit the nail on the head !

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=76855.msg827453#msg827453 date=1273114551]
[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=76855.msg827451#msg827451 date=1273114315]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Great post and I have to agree with you :thumbsup: You hit the nail on the head !
[/quote]

Here's something else to think about, Since the 70's, Roadway,Yellow,or Consolidated Freightways were always 1,2,or 3 every year........ They got there because of their size and network coverage, And stayed there because all 3 grew and was always opening new terminals to cover more areas then the competition.
So with us shrinking more and more and Fed-Ex and Con-Way growing,Maybe it's time for some new kids to take over.......... Those 2 might be better positioned to grow and return to profitability before we are. If history repeats itself, Who knows might be another 30 or 40 years before someone knocks the new kids off the block........... I hope not , but who knows.......

The bottom line to them hiding the bill count numbers is simple. It will be much easier for them to blow smoke up our hinders if we don't know the actual numbers. They will cry all year long, so that they can put the screws to us again by prolonging the pension freeze for all of 2011.

I predict that with the people we have on here, we will get access to the bill count numbers again.....soon.

[quote author=remo williams link=topic=76855.msg827603#msg827603 date=1273165280]
5/4.....41,664.....RW :dance:
[/quote]

RW,

Can you (and would you) post this info every day without getting yourself into trouble?

John

[quote author=paininda link=topic=76855.msg827411#msg827411 date=1273107770]
Is that the best you can come up with?
Once again you want somebody else to do the job for you while you sit back and get paid. You don't even care that once again you ride the coattails of some teamsters that fought for you.
Don't worry though we all must grow up sooner or later. Maybe then you can walk with your head high instead of hiding behind your monitor.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
[/quote] Actually I do care. I just don't care about you. And its very nice sitting back and getting that check the first of the month, even nicer spending it. Yes, I do appreciate the "real" Teamsters of years past that helped to get the working man ahead, unlike the me-sters of the last 15 years, not all, but very many. By the way, its time for your tm's coffee and donut, run buddy, run! Good boy!

[quote author=remo williams link=topic=76855.msg827603#msg827603 date=1273165280]
[/quote]

When a door is closed, a window is opened! THANK YOU RW!....you can't hide the truth!

When you want to know what is going on....TruckingBoards.com!!....KK

It pains me to make this post...but I am sure you all understand what this is all about. If I have information, I beleive in sharing it. I have been able to get daily bill counts for quite sometime now, as you know.

As of today, I will no longer have that ability, as YRCW has restricted this information to certain individuals, and they are not allowed to divulge anymore bill counts.

Now, I would expect that if things are rolling along and we are increasing shipments everyday, I would think that the bill counts would be something to brag about....not hide about? My numbers were right, and we proved it at the COO.....now we will never know the actual truth again, as YRC management is no longer allowed to devulge that progress (or lack there of?) anymore!.....KK

[/quote]I thought there was one member from the IBT on the new board...........Why cant they relay this information to the members?...........

[/quote]

awsome , just keep it going.

[quote author=electraglideatl link=topic=76855.msg827799#msg827799 date=1273239461]
I thought there was one member from the IBT on the new board...........Why cant they relay this information to the members?...........
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that board member hasn't been appointed yet.

[quote author=remo williams link=topic=76855.msg827996#msg827996 date=1273309572]
5/5......42,773......RW :dance:
[/quote]

Thank you RW.

John

[quote author=john/nyc link=topic=76855.msg827992#msg827992 date=1273299965]
[quote author=electraglideatl link=topic=76855.msg827799#msg827799 date=1273239461]
I thought there was one member from the IBT on the new board...........Why cant they relay this information to the members?...........
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that board member hasn't been appointed yet.
[/quote]

Here's a link:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/04/1924954/troubled-trucker-gains-some-traction.html

Scroll down the page until you see the heading about the Board