Yellow | Dallas Meeting Information ONLY

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
If anyone of you are there....or have heard back from your representatives at the meeting, please post any information you may have.

If you hi-jack this thread with anything else...you will be banned...sorry, but this is serious business going on now...Thanks.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
went to local 745 meeting Sunday, BA said no info will be released until Q3 results are released due to insider trading regulations

Local 728 has posted a notice that in part reads....."Under no circumstances will Local 728 support any extension of the current contract."......KK

Our barn has unanimously signed a letter to the local and to the negotiators, that "...(We) will not entertain any contract extension until we are fully reinstated in the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Fund."

went to local 745 meeting Sunday, BA said no info will be released until Q3 results are released due to insider trading regulations
Insider trading regulations apply to insiders who have inside information and use that information to buy or sell stock to increase their profits or decrease their losses after the public release of said inside information. Therefore your reasoning makes no sense. Sorry for the intrusion at this important time but I saw the misinformation and couldn't help myself.

Insider trading regulations apply to insiders who have inside information and use that information to buy or sell stock to increase their profits or decrease their losses after the public release of said inside information. Therefore your reasoning makes no sense. Sorry for the intrusion at this important time but I saw the misinformation and couldn't help myself.

I think you meant to say "before the public release..." didn't you? Most companies in the financial industry especially have freeze periods where all employees are prohibited from executing any trades in their company shares.

]t seems to me that, if upper management could see this coming for some time now, they would have passed the word down to the supervisors that they may need to stop crapping on the heads of their employees. Probably not a good idea to try and **** as many people off as possible, and then ask those same people to give up thousands and thousands of dollars to save their jobs.Can anyone tell me what the purpose is of writing a letter for not running head lights in the day time, to an employee that never gets warning letters,. I'm not arguing that its not a good idea to run your lights all the time, but does it justify pissing the driver off when he gets the certified letter in the mail? the cost of sending the letter? The cost of paying someone to write the letter, and coping the letter to all the people who get copies of it? its hard to be positive when you see what goes on at this Company!!!!! i'm just SICK OF IT

A FIVE (5) extension? ....Now I know they aee stuck on stupid! ....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
Just speculation on my part KK, but what makes you think that stupidity has anything to do with it. We have seen how ABF took it in the shorts, don't you think they are going to try to build on it? Look what happened after Patco and the tiered wage progression. The last best contract we got moved that from 2 to 3 years . Then the votes on our give backs. Why wouldn't they come back for more. When the mechanics were talking strike we were told we would be fired if we didn't cross their picket line. IMO that was the end of the line for this union as a bargaining force. Hell. we'll have the texas turncoat here telling us that they'll close the doors AGAIN! When will the national stand up for US? If we had real leadership , not just empty speeches by people that want to line their own pockets with multiple pensions, I would jump to the front of the line to support them. All we have now is the TDU telling us what is wrong but not once coming up with answers. Or a national leadership that is more worried about supporting 12 bus drivers than 25000 teamsters that are loosing pension and wages. Lets not talk about the loss of work rules. If this gets me banned so be it. I am sick and tired of watching this union and members take crap from corp. a holes and banks, that put this economy in the toilet and then come to the workers that built the business for more of our hard earned money.:order:

I was told it was a new five-year deal ! not a extension on the old deal.and they want to renegotiate .it better be the same deal as A BF has.for even a chance to fly.

I was told the EXACT opposite...suck it for 5 more years,no raise no pension no perks,exactly as we have it now for 5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!======Naa..HE GONE!!!!

Think about this....your an employer...you convince your employees to work harder for less and deal with constant harassment and disrepect... Sounds smart to me....it's those who agree to do it that's "stupid"