Yellow | Dear fellow employee:

You are an absolute representative of the reasoning of the majority of the rank and file.

"I don't want to start over at my age,..."

"...I won't get the same total (?) compensation elsewhere."

Longer hours and no security at other companies (non) if they hire you at all.

Bottom of the list @ UPSFreight or ABF if you happen to get hired.

I made my choice, because I feel I have met my obligation. Honest days work for an honest days pay. (2008)

To make it clear, I acquiesced to the good of all based on my understanding of the financials. (2008)

I advised the rank and file, based on my fiduciary responsibility to them. (2008)

I (we) have met our obligations. We sacrificed and left the managing to others.

I will not stand by and continue the status quo. If I am to continue to sacrifice, I want more input.

There will always be X amount of freight to move nationwide. If we cannot transport our share of the pie efficiently and profitably, then it is time for me to acquire new skin.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it. I grit my teeth when I look at the "minus sign" on my check every week. From personal experience in the year after the merge, the grass isn't always greener......

So if we didn't lose anything else- just kept the same contract, would you vote for it?

I would vote yes on the 5 year extension.

Unfortunately, That doesn't seem to be what's going on. Given the fact that they are now in "negotiations" it seems like they (the Co) may be asking for more.

Welch seems like a decent guy.He had the decency to show up in person in Dallas.Knowing that he and Zollars didn't see eye to eye is also appealing to me for some reason :) I would like to see him take a crack at turning this ship around.

Yeah that's just what this place needs is good drivers like myself quitting and going somewhere else. It would be their loss not mine! Good luck replacing me! Boy you guy's will just keep taking it in the *** won't ya?????? You must sh@t Yellow! Yes'a Boss Yes'a Boss whatever you say Boss!!

Your response appears to be to mine. Yours said you'd be better off taking a 20,000 a year job. So no, I'm not 'telling you to quit'- you said you'd be better off. I just called your bluff, and you chickened out of the dare.....

By the way- I DID quit. Rather than stay and take the concessions- 5 years ago (on layoff at the time)- I Went to a Better job where they treat me like gold (and pay a lot of gold too).....sorry 'bout your luck- staying where your only option is to play the victim card.... :duh:

I wouldn't like it but I could choke down a 5 year extension, I can't think of a better FU to zollars then yrcw debt free an making money

I will admit, something offered in good faith would go a LONG WAY. Hell, if they just said please and thank you when addressing the employees and treated people like they themselves wanted to be treated, it would be nice.......

Good Luck! I discussed "morale" issues with our senior supervisor one evening for 20 minutes.

I would have received a better response from the trailer side-wall.

Most of YRCW’s problems are systematic. They refuse to listen to their employees!!!! Each and every employee is an expert in the job he/she does. YRC refuses to recognize that fact. YRC management continues to….DICTATE DOWN. They refuse to… LISTEN UP. If they would learn to LISTEN UP to their employees, we (YRC) would be profitable, again.

Most employees I have spoken to (both management and union) agree that if management above them would just LISTEN to their ideas and suggestions, we (YRC) would be able to save ½ hour to 1 hour per day of labor cost alone; this does not include operational costs such as fuel, equipment wear and tear , etc.

This cost savings (not including non-labor operational costs) would have contributed $1.32 billion to the bottom line of the company per year. LISTEN UP, that means that in one (1) year, practically all of our (YRC’s) long-term debt would have been paid off and we would have been debt free and profitable.

So don’t blame the union for your inability to LISTEN (to your employees--your most valuable assets) and return to profitability.