FedEx Freight | Denver center gets Monday morning surprise

The reason you all should have a problem with it is that it violates your 4Th Amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.

What if they wanted to check your guns to make sure they were lawful? I'd bet you'd have a real hissy fit.

Evidently you don't understand the Constituion it was written to protect you form the goverment and not a company. Also by the way you are not allowed to have weapons on company property read the thead NO WEAPONS it will expalin that one for you.

Your history lesson is complete.

Evidently you don't understand the Constituion it was written to protect you form the goverment and not a company. Also by the way you are not allowed to have weapons on company property read the thead NO WEAPONS it will expalin that one for you.

Geez - they call ME the grumpy old man.

oaf

In all of the time I've been working for FedEx, I have never seen anyone forced to come to work at the point of a gun. We are all free to leave whenever we wish :smilie_132: if we don't agree with the policies of the company. You need to ask yourself if you owned the company, would you drug test.
I agree that it is way more convenient for the testing company to come to the center. It's a pain to come to work, and then have to go to get a test. At out terminal, we are sent to Worknet for testing, and its always busy there. I never got tested in less that 2 1/2 hours from the time I was notified until the time I got back from the test.

There may have been a reason they drug tested the Denver center too.....that is why they did the drug test at Dallas a couple years ago..PROBABLE CAUSE! And I do believe THAT would justify any reason they made the call. Just a thought..

The reason you all should have a problem with it is that it violates your 4Th Amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.

What if they wanted to check your guns to make sure they were lawful? I'd bet you'd have a real hissy fit.

You are obviously one of the disengaged employees who does not understand who signs your paycheck .

When you came to work here you consented to random drug tests, no violation. You also agreed to allow search of your person and property, so you better not have your guns on company property.

Ah, no, when I came to work here, there was no such thing. To keep my job I consented.

Doesn't make it right. Nor does it make the motoring public one bit safer.

Ah, I do understand the Constitution. It is the government that mandates the drug tests, not the company. The company complies with the government. They didn't do it until they had to.

It's a infringment, but allowed by the Supreme Court. What do you think would happen if they suddenly started randomly testing Joe Public at check points? The S would hit the fan.

I never said I had weapons on company property. My comment was if the jack booted thugs came to your house just to make sure you were all legal with your guns, you would have a fit. (Maybe not YOU, but the "collective" "you".)

Your history lesson is not complete.

Then you gun owners should have no problem with the government telling you what guns you can own, how you can own them, and how many you should have.

I mean, after all, they are only doing it for the safety of the general public! And if you have nothing to hide, you are certainly ok with them telling you how to handle your weapons.

Right?

Tell me how random drug testing keeps the motoring public safe.

Sounds to me like a big football party got a little crazy and lower senority seen a way to prevail!!
Test them all and we can't get drug (haha) into court for profilin so everybody does and weed(haha) out those who refuse or fail!

Just my 2%. Dont do it and ya got nutin 2 worry bout!!

Ah, no, when I came to work here, there was no such thing. To keep my job I consented.

Doesn't make it right. Nor does it make the motoring public one bit safer.

I imagine from your standpoint, it doesn't make the motoring public any safer, because if you never did drugs or drank and drove, then testing you doesn't make a difference as far as safety goes.
I never did drugs nor drank and got behind the wheel, so testing me doesn't make anyone safer either. But, sadly, far too many drivers have, and testing them has put them out of the business, where they belong. And that does make it safer out there.
So, for that reason, I totally support drug and alcohol testing, and I always will.

I have to chuckle every time I get to take a drug test, first because the company is wasting their money,then because I have to take my tractor to the test sight as I carpool and get dropped off--I never have a car at the terminal---take the tractor,or walk there---ha ha

Drug testing does not help make anyone safer on the road. They test for a few commonly abused drugs but nowhere near all of the more popular abused drugs. Vicodin, xanax, valium, darvocet, fentanyl just to name a few, are highly abused and sold or diverted to people to get high. Heck I wonder why the test still checks for PCP and not Hydrocodone.

I'm glad they drug tested everyone. Now people will be able to move up.

It's a infringment, but allowed by the Supreme Court. What do you think would happen if they suddenly started randomly testing Joe Public at check points? The S would hit the fan.

They do. Doesn't your town do the DUI check points? Same thing. Quit being a ::shit:: disturber.

Drug testing does not help make anyone safer on the road. They test for a few commonly abused drugs but nowhere near all of the more popular abused drugs. Vicodin, xanax, valium, darvocet, fentanyl just to name a few, are highly abused and sold or diverted to people to get high. Heck I wonder why the test still checks for PCP and not Hydrocodone.

You are wrong there. We had a driver here at National that tested positive for Percocet (Oxycodone) last year, and he was terminated when he couldn't provide the prescription for it.

Hey that stuff works, I had some weird dreams while taking it though, and I rarely dream, lol.

FM