FedEx Freight | Denver center gets Monday morning surprise

Just came back to work yesterday, still have half a bottle on the night stand, guess I need to pour it down the commode.

Had a uvula ??? something like that and deviated septum and something else in the sinuses, hope it took care of everything, hurt like crap, especially the first week.

FM

You are wrong there. We had a driver here at National that tested positive for Percocet (Oxycodone) last year, and he was terminated when he couldn't provide the prescription for it.
Someone is not telling you the entire story, Oxy will not show up in the standard dot samsha 5 test that we take as CDL holders. Oxy has to be tested for specifically.

Because when they test for opiates, they're really only testing for morphine. But the thing is, both heroin and codeine convert into morphine in the body, so they along with morphine will show up. And since a lot of opiate users end up using heroin (for price reasons), they just leave it like it is.

Oxycodone, on the other hand, doesn't convert into morphine. It converts into something called morphone which doesn't show up. But since morphone is so closely related to morphine, if massive amounts were taken, then it could trigger a false positive for morphine.

Probable Cause

From what I heard last night this mandated drug and alcohol screen was for good reason. It would seem drug residue was found on property belonging to FedEx. This was there way of finding who it belonged to. Everyone domiciled at DEN was tested management included. Was also told all road drivers not domiciled there but run to DEN on the hub were tested Monday night. Last night (Tuesday)there was supposed to be a big shack up there.
I think there will be some openings for someone wanting to move to the mile high city. Will find out more tonight.

They do. Doesn't your town do the DUI check points? Same thing. Quit being a ::shit:: disturber.

They check for drunks, not for people that smoke pot on the weekends in the privacy of their homes.

As for being a ::shit:: disturber, because I don't agree with your views, I shouldn't voice mine?

Just came back to work yesterday, still have half a bottle on the night stand, guess I need to pour it down the commode.

Had a uvula ??? something like that and deviated septum and something else in the sinuses, hope it took care of everything, hurt like crap, especially the first week.

FM

Well that sucks. I have friends that have had nasal surgery, and they say the pain is beyond the scale. They they had to go in and pull the cotton out of the passages. One guy said he nearly punched the doctor.

Hope you're all better.

Every employee is tested who comes in the gate. Refusal to test is treated same as testing positive.

EVERY employee who came in was tested? I thought only driver qualified (CDL holders) employees were in the drug testing pool or was this differant?

Yeah, that would certainly trim some of the workforce. THC can stay in your system for up to (and possibly longer) than a month! (This from personal experience 20-some years ago) Made me an honest man ever since though!

Well that sucks. I have friends that have had nasal surgery, and they say the pain is beyond the scale. They they had to go in and pull the cotton out of the passages. One guy said he nearly punched the doctor.

Hope you're all better.

I am doing better, thanks, just a tickle in the back of my throat now.

The Hydrocodone really works but when taking full dose every four hours you get some strange dreams.

The packing is another story, my wife had nasal surgery years ago and she had to do back in and remove the packing weeks after the surgery, she said that was the worse.

I had surgery in the morning, about 6 that night the doc came in and removed the packing, don't know if that's the way they all do it now or just him, but it works for me. Really shocked me to see him that late.

FM

Don't know about FedEx but they certainly do test for pot and the weekend user finds out it can stay in your system for up to a month. Result is that subjects are fired on the spot at most companies.

They check for drunks, not for people that smoke pot on the weekends in the privacy of their homes.

As for being a ::shit:: disturber, because I don't agree with your views, I shouldn't voice mine?

There's a difference between voicing you opinion and being on the other side of the argument (the wrong side) all the time. You are the constant antagonist on this board. It doesn't seem to matter shat the discussion is about, you have an opposing view.

As for just checking for drunks, you are once again wrong. When you pull up in line, the officer will shine his light in your eyes. He is checking for pupil dilation. A normal eye will constrict to a pin point when the light hits it. Several drugs will cause the pupil to stay dilated when the light hits it. If the officer sees this reaction, they will then check the driver further.

They also do this check on the public highways where your actions while under the influence would affect someone else, not at your home. The Denver terminal didn't go to the employee's houses, they did the check at work.

I also heard that a city dispatcher was calling drivers at home and telling them to call in sick to avoid the drug screen and that 17 people refused or failed. This sounds like a cluster.

roog

The reason you all should have a problem with it is that it violates your 4Th Amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.

What if they wanted to check your guns to make sure they were lawful? I'd bet you'd have a real hissy fit.

Then stay on the other side of the gate at any facilty you go to or read the sign on the gate. You give them the right as soon as you enter

no it isn/t i wish they would do it at my center if we come back off road at 4or5 am we have to wait around till 830am till clinic opens what a drag trying to stay awake and sober :TR10driving03:

oh yeah love this happened to me twice once was 4 am got back ,I love the 1 hour pay youve got 3 invested in waiting and now your 8.5/9.5 hr night just went 12-13 didnt want to get home to get to bed no no ,I also got one on a weds morning and was off the rest of the week so back at 5 now hang till 8 now you can get your vacation started uh huh , good perk of the job right there and b4 anyone starts there Sh!t about it part of the job BS still dont have to like it period End of discussion

Last I heard,smoking marijuana was illegal,whether it be weekends or in your own home.Now the legalization is debatable,the fact that it is illegal and impairing isn't...A person who is hired on at a company that mandates drug testing in any capacity realizes this and must suffer the consequences of his or her actions,that's not up for debate in this instance.

Ok, so this topic has morphed a bit. It always strikes me as hypocritical that as a society and in the workplace specifically we test for and punish pot smokers, yet tolerate alcohol users. Since alcohol is legal, people to seem to accept is use as inevitable. I can't tell you how many times I have been to backyard barbeques, tailgate parties, layovers, etc and seen fellow drivers who could not maintain sobriety. Some of these guys most likely are addicted and are a much greater threat to the public at large than someone who smokes dope at home. (I base the last statement on the assumption that pot is not physically addictive and that alcohol is. Being physically addictive and likely to suffer from withdrawls may increase an individuals liklihood to partake while on the job.) I know your guys' beer is sacred to you, but imagine if they held its use to the same scrutiny as marijuana.

Disclaimer before the knee jerk flames :
* No one should be impaired at work. *

Usually there is a method behind the madness. When there is a problem with freight disappearing off the dock, you usually see several individuals getting fired and prosecuted for trying to beat the system. I don't have a problem with the company doing mass testing. I would like the testing expanded to everyone including the TM. One change has occurred in the random testing program. In the past we were on the clock and got paid mileage to drive down to the testing center. Now I've been told that we will no longer receive mileage for driving our own vehicle down to get tested. Next time my turn comes up, I'm going to tell them I don't have a car, your going to have to drive me down to the center to be tested. TP

Usually there is a method behind the madness. When there is a problem with freight disappearing off the dock, you usually see several individuals getting fired and prosecuted for trying to beat the system. I don't have a problem with the company doing mass testing. I would like the testing expanded to everyone including the TM. One change has occurred in the random testing program. In the past we were on the clock and got paid mileage to drive down to the testing center. Now I've been told that we will no longer receive mileage for driving our own vehicle down to get tested. Next time my turn comes up, I'm going to tell them I don't have a car, your going to have to drive me down to the center to be tested. TP

I think is bull that redshirts and supplementals dont have to be tested. As far as driving and getting paid to take the test, at my center we stay on the clock and drive the tractor over there.

Wow, who took the hit on all the missed gate times? I mean, with white coat syndrome and all, I bet it probably took some drivers the full two hours allowed by law to produce.