Yellow | DHL's Future in LTL

Estes would be a great match considering DHL would not have to paint equipment.. My guess is sometime after april '08 look for YRCW to possibly sell off a major carrier.In light of what BigR was sold for then and what they could sell for now,Yellow would be crazy not to sell.Shoot Watkins sold for more$$ than BigR in turn driving up our value in the market. I figure Yellow will disect what they want and scrap the rest. Plus DHL if they are seeking a LTL carrier would have to be crazy not to buy BigR as we have the coverage and all the remote satellites in place to help them achieve thier goal,, more market-share in the USA..
Just 2 cents from a dumb hillbilly raised on oatmeal and common-sense..:hide:

I LOVE ALL THIS GOSSIP
Estes would be a great match considering DHL would not have to paint equipment.. My guess is sometime after april '08 look for YRCW to possibly sell off a major carrier.In light of what BigR was sold for then and what they could sell for now,Yellow would be crazy not to sell.Shoot Watkins sold for more$$ than BigR in turn driving up our value in the market. I figure Yellow will disect what they want and scrap the rest. Plus DHL if they are seeking a LTL carrier would have to be crazy not to buy BigR as we have the coverage and all the remote satellites in place to help them achieve thier goal,, more market-share in the USA..
Just 2 cents from a dumb hillbilly raised on oatmeal and common-sense..:hide:

Just thought I would get the rumor mill cranked up........With UPS buying OVNT, and FedEx with AF and now Watkins, I think DHL will be forced into the LTL business sooner than later. I don't think that ABF is what DHL is looking for. RDWY has the coverage, the Cananda and Mexico lanes. We still have AGO operating on it's own. How far fetched would it for YRC to spin off RDWY and DHL to pick us up?? I know......but no one saw Yellow buying RDWY, either?!?

I see them buying Estes or Old Dominion. Does'nt seem like anybodys interested in YRC.UPS could have bought them and had 30% of the market share of the LTL industry.I feel for the YRC employees because I dont think your going to exist in the next 10 years.I think that UPS and Fed-Ex getting in the LTL industry is the worst thing that could have happened.Were all going to be making what the package people make. 2 huge companys that are going to corner the market and not pay their workers SH--!

I think that UPS and Fed-Ex getting in the LTL industry is the worst thing that could have happened.Were all going to be making what the package people make. 2 huge companys that are going to corner the market and not pay their workers SH--!

Do you have a clue what UPS pays their parcel people?
Man you need to do a little research before you post.

Do you have a clue what UPS pays their parcel people?
Man you need to do a little research before you post.

Yeah, they start there package handlers out at 9-10$ an hour, and they only want to hire casual truck drivers. Yeah there delivery guy's make $26 an hour. Of course maybe that's all the IBT wanted to get ya's. Maybe you should try going to a APWA meeting.

:chairshot:
I see them buying Estes or Old Dominion. Does'nt seem like anybodys interested in YRC.UPS could have bought them and had 30% of the market share of the LTL industry.I feel for the YRC employees because I dont think your going to exist in the next 10 years.I think that UPS and Fed-Ex getting in the LTL industry is the worst thing that could have happened.Were all going to be making what the package people make. 2 huge companys that are going to corner the market and not pay their workers SH--!
No this is funny I only wish I made what a Buster Brown driver makes.If they make sh!t I'll be more than happy to make sh!t myself..:chairshot:

:chairshot: No this is funny I only wish I made what a Buster Brown driver makes.If they make sh!t I'll be more than happy to make sh!t myself..:chairshot:

He's probably referring to the part-time upsers that actually do the loading and unloading and only start out at like $8-$9hr.

at those wages (8-9 dollars an hour) I would be inclined to call them crappy myself.. I know UPS is big on part-timers they advertise here at home frequently.Personally I could not live on that.:1036316054:

Walked into the hotel at 671 monday morning, and guys were talking about a DHL helicopter flying over the terminal. Hell even the women at the desk commented on it. Any insight to this rumor DS?

Walked into the hotel at 671 monday morning, and guys were talking about a DHL helicopter flying over the terminal. Hell even the women at the desk commented on it. Any insight to this rumor DS?

They have probably been reading this thread....they think you guys are one step ahead and think it's a good idea?

Lol, well I gotta tell you, Drivers know everything, and are right about 50% of the time.
By the talk on the CB, I'm surprised more politicians aren't former Truck Drivers.

Lol, well I gotta tell you, Drivers know everything, and are right about 50% of the time.
By the talk on the CB, I'm surprised more politicians aren't former Truck Drivers.

I am too come to think of it.....

Most of us are full of it just like them too..:hysterical:

Oh no are we really doing the DHL is buying out yrcw, abf, taking over the trucking world rumor again? This rumor got started and died about a dozen times in the past year, but on the other hand I am a sucker for rumors that have no substance so I can tell all the other drivers. You Know if a buyout ever does occur I don't think anyone will believe it until they see equipment being rebranded.:funky: