XPO | Direction of Conway

The way it was put to us was, "july the gloves come off. " Two guys were called in last week, one for phone and one for following to close. They both was told these events doesn't fall off their record. This is the first I've heard of the 3 in 12 month rolling period. Thats better than 3 in forever, the way I thought it was.

The way it was put to us was, "july the gloves come off. " Two guys were called in last week, one for phone and one for following to close. They both was told these events doesn't fall off their record. This is the first I've heard of the 3 in 12 month rolling period. Thats better than 3 in forever, the way I thought it was.

Need to make room for the new help...

But, say you have an event with following too close and something they consider reckless driving.....
Following too close = strike 1.
Reckless driving =strike 2 & 3.
We have had guys caught with phone and no seatbelt told "do that in July, and that's it."

But, say you have an event with following too close and something they consider reckless driving.....
Following too close = strike 1.
Reckless driving =strike 2 & 3.
We have had guys caught with phone and no seatbelt told "do that in July, and that's it."
Hard enough to find good drivers these days & Conway wants to get rid of them, they must have people lined up outside the door for these jobs....

Hard enough to find good drivers these days & Conway wants to get rid of them, they must have people lined up outside the door for these jobs....

That's the thing... they DON'T. They are offering incentives to employees to refer people to work there. They are offering retention bonuses for new hires if they stay. No company with a solid supply of people has to do this.

I said this would happen back when we first got the tattle-tale cameras and shift score computers. Guess what, it's come true. Now they are going to fire people over ridiculous camera BS and their supply of people is going to get even smaller.

Personally, I think it's funny because anyone with any kind of common sense could have predicted this. Con-Way has done this to themselves and I don't feel one bit sorry for them.

Sent from my granny's ROTARY DIAL PRINCESS PHONE using Tapatalk

That's the thing... they DON'T. They are offering incentives to employees to refer people to work there. They are offering retention bonuses for new hires if they stay. No company with a solid supply of people has to do this.

I said this would happen back when we first got the tattle-tale cameras and shift score computers. Guess what, it's come true. Now they are going to fire people over ridiculous camera BS and their supply of people is going to get even smaller.

Personally, I think it's funny because anyone with any kind of common sense could have predicted this. Con-Way has done this to themselves and I don't feel one bit sorry for them.

All I can say is ABF is not a bad place to work & were hiring system wide....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABF sounds like a good place, but their vacation setup is a big deterrent for a lot of guys...

When I was hired, you generally had to KNOW someone to help you get on.

I have been thinking about the cameras in the the trucks. I think what some people are not thinking about is how the cameras can negatively affect your ability to get another driving job after leaving here. Con-way or any other company that you work for can put anything they want on your D.A.C. report.

I have been thinking about the cameras in the the trucks. I think what some people are not thinking about is how the cameras can negatively affect your ability to get another driving job after leaving here. Con-way or any other company that you work for can put anything they want on your D.A.C. report.

Absolutely.....anything they consider to be preventable, whether you were or were NOT faulted by law enforcement, can help to ruin your record. For example....landscape damage.

Thanks a bunch! I believe it will be for me too, and about 11 others from XIN in the last 2 weeks!! The revolving doors been a spinnin' for sure!

That's just crazy! But, I honestly believe that's how they want it. The more con-washed newbies that don't know any better. You running city or line out of IND? I was just through there last night.

That's just crazy! But, I honestly believe that's how they want it. The more con-washed newbies that don't know any better. You running city or line out of IND? I was just through there last night.

Sweet heart they ain't bringing new in. They are paring the roster. Trimming down hard on everything.

By the end of summer there are gonna be guys who's paychecks have gotten so small they can't afford to stay.

The paycheck was the only thing they hadn't taken. Was the one reason guys were toughing it out.

That's all over. And that's why the numbers leaving are so large.

Sweet heart they ain't bringing new in. They are paring the roster. Trimming down hard on everything.

By the end of summer there are gonna be guys who's paychecks have gotten so small they can't afford to stay.

The paycheck was the only thing they hadn't taken. Was the one reason guys were toughing it out.

That's all over. And that's why the numbers leaving are so large.

I still don't think that's the way they want to go. If they were wanting less people, they wouldn't be offering all these incentives for new people to come work here. They are having trouble getting the freight moved on linehaul as it is and the day guys at my barn are getting 55-65 hours a week just to stay caught up...