XPO | Do we still hire CDL drivers?

And we always Hire to many People only to do the Same Dumb **** again next year as most move on to Greener Pastures MMM wonder why my Dumb A didn't guess they got me to drink the Kool-aide !!!

After being on lock down for the past six months' I drink that blue koolade-ade by the gallon ... These days I just smile and say : yessa' boss.. Cut my pay-keep my 401k , ill do what ever you want me too .. Just don't take away the blue ! 'con-washed class 101' ....!

cnwyconvict said:
After being on lock down for the past six months' I drink that blue koolade-ade by the gallon ... These days I just smile and say : yessa' boss.. Cut my pay-keep my 401k , ill do what ever you want me too .. Just don't take away the blue ! 'con-washed class 101' ....!

Wow! Sorry to hear that.

Con-Way does not care if they quit, every person that goes thru the school has to sign a contract for a year, if they leave before the year they are on the hook for $3500, they either get a driver out of it or they get compensated for the time and effort training them, either way, they win.

Here it is a 2 year contract for $3000. Different rules in different SC's, imagine that.

Here it is a 2 year contract for $3000. Different rules in different SC's, imagine that.

no, it is not different rules for different service centers. The value of training is $3000.00. Quit the company within one year after completing the class and a pro-rated amount will be determined and pursued for repayment. Leave after 6 months and the amount would be $1500.

someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, imagine that

Do they at least let you take your testicles home with you each night?

Do they at least let you take your testicles home with you each night?
No... I check them at the gate each day, might as well give them up too cus this company done took everything else from us, used to be a good place to work five years ago and now its just a paycheck! But this is just my opinion...

We recently had two guys graduate the training school with only a few days of experience behind the wheel solo! Dispatch was sending one to okc with trips and the other one on a line haul run to Kansas city . My self and another trainer expressed our concern to management about these two new driver being to green for this assignment! We were told by management that we make the decisions around here and we need them to go! Well guess what , the oklahoma city driver rolled the back box on I-35 on ramp and the Kansas City driver got lost for six hours and ran the truck out of fuel . I guess we don't have a say when it come to safety for our new hires or the general public!

We recently had two guys graduate the training school with only a few days of experience behind the wheel solo! Dispatch was sending one to okc with trips and the other one on a line haul run to Kansas city . My self and another trainer expressed our concern to management about these two new driver being to green for this assignment! We were told by management that we make the decisions around here and we need them to go! Well guess what , the oklahoma city driver rolled the back box on I-35 on ramp and the Kansas City driver got lost for six hours and ran the truck out of fuel . I guess we don't have a say when it come to safety for our new hires or the general public!

That is just scary. Clearly the fault of the drivers. Not those that sent them. But that don't make it right to send people that green out into the world. Endangered the driver, the freight, the equipment and everyone else anywhere near them.

What the " F " happened to safety first ? Or is that over with already ? What is the new thing .... strap defender or something ?

Hey guys, straps first ! I bet they rushed down and popped the door to check on them straps. Gotta take care of them straps, man !

That is just scary. Clearly the fault of the drivers. Not those that sent them. But that don't make it right to send people that green out into the world. Endangered the driver, the freight, the equipment and everyone else anywhere near them.

What the " F " happened to safety first ? Or is that over with already ? What is the new thing .... strap defender or something ?

Hey guys, straps first ! I bet they rushed down and popped the door to check on them straps. Gotta take care of them straps, man !

Safety was never/will ever be a priority here.

Move that freight by any means

Safety third, as Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs would say.

You can't hold their hand forever ppl learn from mistakes you were a new driver one time too my experience is that Conway pays better than most other companies no we don't have a pension but name a company that pays 24.14 an hour and .569 cents per mile no this place isn't perfect but we make decent money and come home every day the grass isn't always greener yea we work the dock so what you do get paid for that we don't do it for free every company has ppl who complain there will never be a company that is good enough for some ppl kit collect your check and go home Conway isn't goin anywhere yea go to Od and don't get ot after 8

OK, let's get some facts to fill in between your lines from above.

Your saying 2 drivers graduated from the company's 12 week entry level driver training, received only "a few days" experience and then one of those drivers was put behind the wheel of an LCV (long combination vehicle, triples) which he proceeded to flip the back box? And the second one got lost for six hours, and ran out of fuel?

So you say that you as a "trainer" had the courage to intervene?

So my questions are... if any of this is true, one; who taught them how to pre-trip the equipment, and the policies on fuel, and two, once again if any of this is true; who was the trainer meeting the Federal requirements for an LCV instructor that taught triples operations, allowed a driver without the minimum six months experience to be trained on triples, and who had to sign off on the Federal certificate acknowledging the training?

I guess Safety Principle #3 is optional for you as a trainer

Maybe the Driver School Instructor at XKC, L.D., could fill some blanks here

You can't hold their hand forever ppl learn from mistakes you were a new driver one time too my experience is that Conway pays better than most other companies no we don't have a pension but name a company that pays 24.14 an hour and .569 cents per mile no this place isn't perfect but we make decent money and come home every day the grass isn't always greener yea we work the dock so what you do get paid for that we don't do it for free every company has ppl who complain there will never be a company that is good enough for some ppl kit collect your check and go home Conway isn't goin anywhere yea go to Od and don't get ot after 8

WOW! Now that is one bigazzed sentence.

I might be outta line here but if this statement was directed to me disliking this company or it's pay ... I have a bit of bad news for you ... No we don't make $24.14 per hour and we don't get .56 cpm and a little more news .. Also we don't receive overtime pay either until after 50 hours worked . The common practice around our barn ' now that our dock is swarming with all these part time workers who destroy our customers freight...and we are cut off around 36 to 38 hours a week on straight time pay. So if you wanna know if I like what's going on at Conway - no I don't ! So come on down and cross the Oklahoma state line and get you some of this premium pay ... This is one company now but we're still segregated in the south ! With all due respect . Convict

OK, let's get some facts to fill in between your lines from above.

Your saying 2 drivers graduated from the company's 12 week entry level driver training, received only "a few days" experience and then one of those drivers was put behind the wheel of an LCV (long combination vehicle, triples) which he proceeded to flip the back box? And the second one got lost for six hours, and ran out of fuel?

So you say that you as a "trainer" had the courage to intervene?

So my questions are... if any of this is true, one; who taught them how to pre-trip the equipment, and the policies on fuel, and two, once again if any of this is true; who was the trainer meeting the Federal requirements for an LCV instructor that taught triples operations, allowed a driver without the minimum six months experience to be trained on triples, and who had to sign off on the Federal certificate acknowledging the training?

I guess Safety Principle #3 is optional for you as a trainer

Maybe the Driver School Instructor at XKC, L.D., could fill some blanks here

Dang Merdock, you sure do have a nose for news .... My brain just vapor locked trying to process all that info ... Have a good day sir ! I gotta go drink some kool-ade... Hahahaha

Now I will answer your question , yes these were two nubies with no experience and one was placed behind a wheel of an LCV . 2nd -- yes I had the courage to say something because I know if someone is ready to run trips down the highway in a safe manner. 3rd -- I will not answer that question on here because I am not going to reveal a single name of an hourly employee on these trucking boards ... I do not squeal on my fellow workers because we have enough people getting fired already ! And last safety is alway a priority for me . That might be why I have 22 years in the ltl industry with out an accident ! And now back to the kool-ade.

cant fight the company cheerleaders sometime. :)

And isnt the policy on LCV's is that you get the training and then you can run them for 6 months a 80k for trips and then you get the certification, after which you can run up to 120k with a permit.

At least thats what I was told out here in neverland.

It just seems like you can't please ppl it was wrong of me to say ur barn treats u great but where I'm at I feel respected and get a pat on the back when u go the extra mile I'm sure every sic is diff but my experience of conway has been good

And no I think the different pay is bull **** but no one makes u work here if there is better pay and such elsewhere why not go?