XPO | Do we still hire CDL drivers?

We have more accidents in our own yards than anywhere else. These terminals are very dangerous places to be.

We have more accidents in our own yards than anywhere else. These terminals are very dangerous places to be.

No kidding! This is the only trucking company I've ever worked for where drivers are so rude to each other! If you go to any fac you take your life in your own hands when you walk across the lot when you park! Drivers cut each other off, park right in front of you when you're trying to hook, it's ridiculous!

That is a good statement ( very dangerous place ) these drivers fly in here, drop trailers all over the place then see who can be the fastest at re-hooking ... . Mix it up with a few city drivers returning from there routes , now the fun begins. Freaking rat race with big trucks!!

No kidding! This is the only trucking company I've ever worked for where drivers are so rude to each other! If you go to any fac you take your life in your own hands when you walk across the lot when you park! Drivers cut each other off, park right in front of you when you're trying to hook, it's ridiculous!

Lol the FAC reminds me of the minefields in Afghanistan..hostlers love to complain about how many trash cans they have to pick up. They seriously need to slow the hell down. Luckily I creep sorta in the yard but I cant tell you how many times I have to take evasive actions especially around blind corners. But you'll get written up if you exceed yard speed. Driving against yard flow is already bad enough as it is. Around 4am where I go is fun. 15 drivers trying to hook, subservice in my way, hostlers backing longboxes for inbound. Its a party. But I get paid by the minute so I just let all the crazies go.

Hey conwayconvict, did that newbie who rolled the back box, is he still there?

Is tipping a trailer automatic termination?

Indeed sir it is, but Ive also heard the TM has some say in if you stay or go as well.

There was a driver from XNJ a few months back who wrecked a cascadia, but his set stayed upright and he kept his job.

Another guy outta URE destroyed a volvo and a set of triples..gone

One of our drivers layed over a set back in the winter on black ice, this guy was in the hospital on his death bed ... and the scm called and fired him over the phone !! A week later called back again and wanted him to return the freakin uniforms ... That's hardcore !

One of our drivers layed over a set back in the winter on black ice, this guy was in the hospital on his death bed ... and the scm called and fired him over the phone !! A week later called back again and wanted him to return the freakin uniforms ... That's hardcore !

That's Con-Way!!!!

Rat

They have a well EARNED reputation.

cnwyconvict said:

Your boss has earned the reputation he has. He is quite the character.

We have one "graduate" from the "school" in June. So far he has 2 accidents and one ticket for violating the hazmat route ($612) WOW aren't they doing a good job! You get what you pay for!

No... I check them at the gate each day, might as well give them up too cus this company done took everything else from us, used to be a good place to work five years ago and now its just a paycheck! But this is just my opinion...

i agree that 5 yrs ago con-way wasn't a bad place to work. i just quit yesterday morning after 5 yrs. i've just kept drinking the blue kool ade thinking it was going to get better but imo its heading downhill fast. They need to get their priorities in order cause they're way out of wack. Many more at my barn seeing the same thing and looking hard for something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree that 5 yrs ago con-way wasn't a bad place to work. i just quit yesterday morning after 5 yrs. i've just kept drinking the blue kool ade thinking it was going to get better but imo its heading downhill fast. They need to get their priorities in order cause they're way out of wack. Many more at my barn seeing the same thing and looking hard for something else.

Congratulations. Recently there have been many finding life beyond the haze of hoping things will get better. If the economy ever comes around... more people will have more options. I don't know anyone I work with that is so misguided that they would believe things could get better here.

Some are waiting for 2014. A lot of the guys that want to retire can't afford to. A bunch have court ordered for child care.

Once national health care goes into effect, people that have to keep insurance won't need their employer to do it.

A long time guy brought this up the other day... So they tell us we have a " Cadillac " plan. That means yearly cost of over $27,500 per employee. And they told us, straight up, that they will take the $3000 per employee bail out to not continue providing company health care. Leaving the company $24,500 to the good per employee. How much of that do you think that any of us will see ? It was part of our compensation package. Was. He said.