XPO | Do we still hire CDL drivers?

I have a question for any l/h driver other then working in the south. Do you guys get paid for your pre-trip? We were told the other day that the pretrip is included into the milage pay. So we have to pretrip on our own time I guess. How does this work at other locations ...

I have a question for any l/h driver other then working in the south. Do you guys get paid for your pre-trip? We were told the other day that the pretrip is included into the milage pay. So we have to pretrip on our own time I guess. How does this work at other locations ...

We've had this discussion before, it's done while hooking. What's it take, like 2 minutes? If something is wrong, then you go on the clock(265) and get paid for time spent repairing or waiting to get repaired. Not an issue at all..

The bigger question is, why did you change your picture?? The other one was freaking cool.

We've had this discussion before, it's done while hooking. What's it take, like 2 minutes? If something is wrong, then you go on the clock(265) and get paid for time spent repairing or waiting to get repaired. Not an issue at all..

you're a smart guy and i respect your posts, but 2 mins(might not be literally) for a pre trip..ya kidding me? checking the truck, two pups and a dolly. Say it aint so beerfd. I add it to my hook time on the 265. Usually around 10 mins or so.

The bigger question is, why did you change your picture?? The other one was freaking cool.
I know there was discussion on this before on another thread but I could not find it so I had to ask the pros.. I just over heard a couple Kansas city drivers brag about how they got an automatic 30 minutes for pre-trip , figured these guys might have a little extra insight on how to milk the system. So thanks for the info ! Oh yeah .. My ol'lady said my mouth was getting as big as that avatar pic so I'm trying to clean up my image a little ... Haha might take awhile .

Company doesn't pay for pretrip. I was taught to hook and book. If you break down you get paid by the minute. It is not safe. But that is the way we were taught.

There have been a lot of rumors about switching. Most are about the use of electronic logs. Most electronic logs require you to log a 15 minute pre and post trip.

Personal opinion is that we don't currently have electronic logs because the company is getting away with doing things against or around regulation. And that the electronic logs would somehow stop that.

Company doesn't pay for pretrip. I was taught to hook and book. If you break down you get paid by the minute. It is not safe. But that is the way we were taught.

There have been a lot of rumors about switching. Most are about the use of electronic logs. Most electronic logs require you to log a 15 minute pre and post trip.

Personal opinion is that we don't currently have electronic logs because the company is getting away with doing things against or around regulation. And that the electronic logs would somehow stop that.

ConeWay truckload is on electronic logs, I see it coming our way before long.

Last edited by a moderator:
ConeWay truckload is on electronic logs, I see it coming our way before long.

They really should... I have several friends that work at Truckload, they tell me it's very nice rolling into a scale and telling the officer standing on the ground "I'm on e-logs"... oh the disappointment on their faces!