XPO | Do we still hire CDL drivers?

And no I think the different pay is bull **** but no one makes u work here if there is better pay and such elsewhere why not go?

Yeah the pay is bs, but a man just can't tuck tail and run ... We do things every day we don't like, and deal with it , in my area there is not a lot of employment opportunity in ltl except at Conway , so it would suck to just quit and have to re-apply. Ya gotta have a job , low pay is better then no pay I guess ....

I'm not tryin to argue we're on the same team I just hate hearin ppl say how bad they hate their job no one loves workin u just deal with it and go on

We all are lucky we have a job that pays a decent check if the grass is do much greener then why don't you move on

most assinine logic constantly repeated on this board. America is the greatest nation on the planet and we have alot of domestic issues. Are you going to pack up and move to mexico? I didnt think so. We are human, no company is perfect but we can still be displeased with some of the things this company does.

But here in lies the solution. When drivers realize that con-way is a for profit entity and that you/we are nothing more than book-keeping entries, no more important than the truck/trailer dollies we wont get so upset when the company does whatever is necessary to aid the bottom line. We are just tools used to move freight from point a to b, jst like tow motors. I dont care how many QLA awards or pats on the back you get. It is irrelevant

cant fight the company cheerleaders sometime. :)

And isnt the policy on LCV's is that you get the training and then you can run them for 6 months a 80k for trips and then you get the certification, after which you can run up to 120k with a permit.

At least thats what I was told out here in neverland.

when i started pulling triples they gave me the trailor numbers i hooked them they said have a good trip but that was in 86 and im out west

We all are lucky we have a job that pays a decent check if the grass is do much greener then why don't you move on
Now slow down there a little bit ... You done said : quit , move on , hate , and lucky to have a job ... Well , what you should have said is.. Conway is lucky to have us drive there equipment or work on there docks and put up with the ever changing rules ... And don't forget about the tons of bullsh!t we have to chew on every day for a decent paycheck ! So one of these days when you slip just a little and they jab a fork is your ass ... Only then you will realize the kool-ade don't taste so good !

CenturyClass said:
most assinine logic constantly repeated on this board. America is the greatest nation on the planet and we have alot of domestic issues. Are you going to pack up and move to mexico? I didnt think so. We are human, no company is perfect but we can still be displeased with some of the things this company does.

But here in lies the solution. When drivers realize that con-way is a for profit entity and that you/we are nothing more than book-keeping entries, no more important than the truck/trailer dollies we wont get so upset when the company does whatever is necessary to aid the bottom line. We are just tools used to move freight from point a to b, jst like tow motors. I dont care how many QLA awards or pats on the back you get. It is irrelevant

That pretty much sums it up.

You can't hold their hand forever ppl learn from mistakes you were a new driver one time too my experience is that Conway pays better than most other companies no we don't have a pension but name a company that pays 24.14 an hour and .569 cents per mile no this place isn't perfect but we make decent money and come home every day the grass isn't always greener yea we work the dock so what you do get paid for that we don't do it for free every company has ppl who complain there will never be a company that is good enough for some ppl kit collect your check and go home Conway isn't goin anywhere yea go to Od and don't get ot after 8

Obviously you're not working in the south!

it has nothing to do with loving the so called blue kool-aid. i show up to work do the best job i can do and go home. it just seems that no matter how good a job is ppl always complain i never said con-way was the best thing since a pocket t-shirt what i did say is that its not a bad job. there are not many companies that pay the wage we make and are home daily with weekends and holidays off. sure we have our share of bs but everyone does. every board you get on this website you hear ppl say how bad their job is to me if you dont like what your doing then its not worth it. thats the only point i was trying to make.

I would like to send congrats out to the professional drivers at team ltu for having 17 and counting accidents ! Think we set a new company record for crashes in July . We now have more accidents month to date then claims filed ... Good job ... You know it's bad when an employee totals a hostler and never left the yard ..... Wtf

I would like to send congrats out to the professional drivers at team ltu for having 17 and counting accidents ! Think we set a new company record for crashes in July . We now have more accidents month to date then claims filed ... Good job ... You know it's bad when an employee totals a hostler and never left the yard ..... Wtf

Hostlers think its god damn nascar.