TForce | Double Check your Paycheck

Gater

TB Regular
Credits
For the last 4 weeks guys at my barn have been short 3 to 14 hours on our checks. We were told that they would have our pay the next day or buy Monday then it will be on the coming weeks check. Well guess what we got the shaft.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the changes that UPS has done with payroll. They just switched payroll from Suntrust to Citibank and now payroll is done in Ohio. WTF!:wtflol:

For the last 4 weeks guys at my barn have been short 3 to 14 hours on our checks. We were told that they would have our pay the next day or buy Monday then it will be on the coming weeks check. Well guess what we got the shaft.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the changes that UPS has done with payroll. They just switched payroll from Suntrust to Citibank and now payroll is done in Ohio. WTF!:wtflol:
Never new they were changing, I do know however CITI is UPS'S #1 bank. I will keep an eye out for this.

Gater. are you saying they are not going to pay you at all?????

Never new they were changing, I do know however CITI is UPS'S #1 bank. I will keep an eye out for this.

They had a meeting about this Monday. I have a copy of the letter from Richmond that explained the changes in payroll. Between this weeks check and last weeks check I am short over 16 hours.

They had a meeting about this Monday. I have a copy of the letter from Richmond that explained the changes in payroll. Between this weeks check and last weeks check I am short over 16 hours.

They can use any friggin' bank they want but they sure can't use that as an excuse to cheat people out of money. Hope you've all filed grievances.

Gater. are you saying they are not going to pay you at all?????

The TM said he put in for it to be fixed and it did not get fixed. We have anouther guy who has been shorted 20 hours and his has not been fixed either. His has been going on now for 5 weeks. I guess we have to get the Union involved.

The TM said he put in for it to be fixed and it did not get fixed. We have anouther guy who has been shorted 20 hours and his has not been fixed either. His has been going on now for 5 weeks. I guess we have to get the Union involved.

Do it, so far so good on my paychecks, I just looked at them. I will see more tomorrow.

one thing that has been happening is that there has been a big push to get the road drivers dispatched on time, and what happens is a sup will disp a driver before his loads are ready so it looks like the trailer was closed on time and what that does is clocks you out automaticaly when you are dispatched.

They can use any friggin' bank they want but they sure can't use that as an excuse to cheat people out of money. Hope you've all filed grievances.

I will file the grievances tommrow. I'm also going the call the Union and the UPS labor relations manager.

I will file the grievances tommrow. I'm also going the call the Union and the UPS labor relations manager.

Just got a call from another driver and he said this is supposed to continue until the beginning of the year, and there was talk of a Blue Friday to protest this. Anybody else heard that?

Just got a call from another driver and he said this is supposed to continue until the beginning of the year, and there was talk of a Blue Friday to protest this. Anybody else heard that?

I'm blue now over this mess. Is it going to be OVNT BLUE FRIDAY?

What is going to continue is that line-haul miles are not going to be on the checks until Jan 2009. So by the end of the week you need to tally your miles and verify them with your dispatcher before they submit the payroll. They said that its only effects linehaul drivers. Well it effectes us city dirvers when they can't get the hours correct.

Well, I for one don't think it's a wise idea. I could see where it could be considered an unauthorized strike. Filing grievances and complaints seems to be the "civilized" way to go. Tomorrow is another day, full of opportunities!

one thing that has been happening is that there has been a big push to get the road drivers dispatched on time, and what happens is a sup will disp a driver before his loads are ready so it looks like the trailer was closed on time and what that does is clocks you out automaticaly when you are dispatched.

What you have stated has been happening in the north for the past year, we have had a couple of grieves on this issue, "driver performance" the time it takes for the road drivers to get from point a to point b is affected by this and a couple of these people have been repremanded for it, but they cannot make it stick. Thier faliure to get people out on schedule is not the fault of the driver. Just make sure your logs are 100% accurate, do not modify for anyone, after all they are a legal document.

Have you looked at your paycheck on UPSERS?

Yes I have looked at them on UPSERS and printed them out. Also I have a print out from where they verify our pay in the computer and the computer is right but my pay check is wrong. I also punch the back of my fly sheet and the times matches what is in ATA.

The contract says that any amount greater than $20 bucks will be paid in 24 hours. But I don't think that will happen knowing how these guys operate.

Yes I have looked at them on UPSERS and printed them out. Also I have a print out from where they verify our pay in the computer and the computer is right but my pay check is wrong. I also punch the back of my fly sheet and the times matches what is in ATA.

The contract says that any amount greater than $20 bucks will be paid in 24 hours. But I don't that will happen knowing how these guys operate.

If they can produce a pay discrepancy check for small package next day. Then they can do the same for us, we have put this to the test in our terminal, and corperate did follow thru with next day payment.

Another thing was I was able to go on UPSers the night before and look at my pay and now I can only look at the check on payday. Also its layout/configuration is all together changed. I don't like it.

Yep, happens all the time in PVD. We tell him do not dispatch us on schedule when he gives us the #'s and the doors aren't even closed. Also my drop and hooks for last week were split between 22.15 and 21.55 per hour. Contract says road drivers will be paid at the local cartige rate unless specified. Have already notified managment about problem. We'll see if I get a correction. Ready to file if not corrected as per contract.