SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

ok. let's understand one thing about drive cam. it's a self serving tool for companies to use to put more blame on either the driver or the other guy when it comes to accidents. these people sitting behind their respective desks don't give a damn about me or you. their respective agenda is to have you comply. whatever it takes. invading your privacy by looking and listening INSIDE the vehicle only serves them. You're on your bluetooth headset? You say something like ++++ them. You smoke. You pick your nose. You scratch your butt. That's not their right to watch you inside the truck. That's wrong. Hard stop? It happens and we all know it. Hard turn....it happens. They know without a camera in a rollover accident the driver encountered something or did something. It's about the company leveling blame. We don't get to watch them do their jobs by going out for liquid lunch and getting behind the wheel of a company car or listening to them talk in their cars. Forward facing cameras I accept. The rest is BS. It's wrong and eventually driver facing cameras will be out of bounds.
That's your opinion and I respect that. I will give you just one reason why I like them. Let's say some A-hole for some unknown reason merged into my lane and hits me but not hard enough to trigger an event. All I have to do is hit the blue button and I have proof he did it. Otherwise it's his word against mine. I won't get into a pissing contest with you over this. I will just say we are all entitled to our opinion. Can we just agree on that?

Last edited:
That's your opinion and I respect that. I will give you just one reason why I like them. Let's say some A-hole for some unknown reason merged into my lane and hits me but not hard enough to trigger an event. All I have to do is hit the blue button and I have proof he did it. Otherwise it's his word against mine. I won't get into a pissing contest with you over this. I will just say we are all entitled to our opinion. Can we just agree on that?
That blue button on the bottom of the camera allows me to record anything I want. I love that feature.

WcCFI5W.jpg

And the driver facing camera serves what purpose? Does watching you pick your nose solve a problem? How bout you scratching your balls? Purpose? Listening to you serves what purpose? So when that man comes out of nowhere as it usually happens and you reach for the BLUE BUTTON and he hits your steer tire. You're on your side and that button served what purpose. You mentioned your true feelings day one when you got it. You do realize when you have that accident that YOU if you caused it become liable. You better start understanding the big picture brother. Stop being a Saia suck butt and realize they just protected them from you and your coworkers. Don't give someone the hidden stink finger cuz it may be your last day on the job even if nobody else saw it. Forward facing camera with no sound serves a purpose. The rest is BS.

And the driver facing camera serves what purpose? Does watching you pick your nose solve a problem? How bout you scratching your balls? Purpose? Listening to you serves what purpose? So when that man comes out of nowhere as it usually happens and you reach for the BLUE BUTTON and he hits your steer tire. You're on your side and that button served what purpose. You mentioned your true feelings day one when you got it. You do realize when you have that accident that YOU if you caused it become liable. You better start understanding the big picture brother. Stop being a Saia suck butt and realize they just protected them from you and your coworkers. Don't give someone the hidden stink finger cuz it may be your last day on the job even if nobody else saw it. Forward facing camera with no sound serves a purpose. The rest is BS.
Every single day I hit the clock I realize it may be my last day. I know where I fit in the big picture. You of all people should understand that. If I must scratch ... I scratch ... That was funny brother. Listening? To determine if your talking on the phone. It's against the company policy for one thing. This is their ball game so I play by their rules. If and when I don't like the way things are going I can leave anytime. Being the SAIA SUCK ASS as you put it is just me playing by their rules. Maybe someday I will leave here and start my own company and set my own set of rules. And if I ever did do that I would expect everyone to play by my rules or leave.

Every single day I hit the clock I realize it may be my last day. I know where I fit in the big picture. You of all people should understand that. If I must scratch ... I scratch ... That was funny brother. Listening? To determine if your talking on the phone. It's against the company policy for one thing. This is their ball game so I play by their rules. If and when I don't like the way things are going I can leave anytime. Being the SAIA SUCK ASS as you put it is just me playing by their rules. Maybe someday I will leave here and start my own company and set my own set of rules. And if I ever did do that I would expect everyone to play by my rules or leave.
You missed the most important part of the paragraph. Liability. That's what those camera's are about. YOU and THE OTHER GUY. Saia protecting themselves. Not you.

You missed the most important part of the paragraph. Liability. That's what those camera's are about. YOU and THE OTHER GUY. Saia protecting themselves. Not you.
They are protecting themselves. But in many cases they can protect you. I choose to see the positive and you choose to see the negative. It's OK .. Relax ... The facts are this ... In the next few years everyone will have them. And if you can't accept them then you better just move on or drive yourself crazy. I choose to accept them.

They are protecting themselves. But in many cases they can protect you. I choose to see the positive and you choose to see the negative. It's OK .. Relax ... The facts are this ... In the next few years everyone will have them. And if you can't accept them then you better just move on or drive yourself crazy. I choose to accept them.
Your accepting it is fine. Don't pat Saia or the technology on the back. It's something you do to be you. That's fine. That blue button doesn't do squat for you when it's life or death and no time to react. Like I said if they put the same technology in company cars I'll be on board.

Your accepting it is fine. Don't pat Saia or the technology on the back. It's something you do to be you. That's fine. That blue button doesn't do squat for you when it's life or death and no time to react. Like I said if they put the same technology in company cars I'll be on board.
In life and death situations with no time to react the system will be triggered automatically thus determining who's at fault. If you just keep it between the lines and stay focused on your job as a professional truck driver the camera will always back you up. This system actually makes me more aware. It makes me even a safer driver than I already am. Knowing that it could be triggered anytime keeps me from becoming complacent. As far as them being placed in non-commercial company vehicles seems a bit of over-kill. Why? It's not illegal. Not to mention the added expense to the bottom line. Distracted drivers rolling down the road with 80K have no business on the phone. They need to stay focused. And for many these cameras are needed to save lives and I think you can appreciate that. I know drivers that live on the phone. I see our drivers every single day with that phone to their ear. Some with a Bluetooth and some not. It's a huge problem in trucking today that needs to be addressed. When I get on the phone I'm totally stopped. It's a pain in the ass at times when I miss important calls but that's just the way things go at times. I know your safety record. You know mine. They are spotless for a reason. Some drivers use poor judgement when it comes to cell phone usage. These cameras are more for them than they are for us. They are young and inexperienced and simply don't understand the risk. I see it every single day here. An accident just waiting to happen.

In life and death situations with no time to react the system will be triggered automatically thus determining who's at fault. If you just keep it between the lines and stay focused on your job as a professional truck driver the camera will always back you up. This system actually makes me more aware. It makes me even a safer driver than I already am. Knowing that it could be triggered anytime keeps me from becoming complacent. As far as them being placed in non-commercial company vehicles seems a bit of over-kill. Why? It's not illegal. Not to mention the added expense to the bottom line. Distracted drivers rolling down the road with 80K have no business on the phone. They need to stay focused. And for many these cameras are needed to save lives and I think you can appreciate that. I know drivers that live on the phone. I see our drivers every single day with that phone to their ear. Some with a Bluetooth and some not. It's a huge problem in trucking today that needs to be addressed. When I get on the phone I'm totally stopped. It's a pain in the ass at times when I miss important calls but that's just the way things go at times. I know your safety record. You know mine. They are spotless for a reason. Some drivers use poor judgement when it comes to cell phone usage. These cameras are more for them than they are for us. They are young and inexperienced and simply don't understand the risk. I see it every single day here. An accident just waiting to happen.
I took my breathe of Heaven tonight and am done responding to this thread and will go back to what I do. Which is a good thing. Take care. You do your thing man.

I took my breathe of Heaven tonight and am done responding to this thread and will go back to what I do. Which is a good thing. Take care. You do your thing man.
Out by the pool and hot tub with a cold beer. Me and the ole lady are waiting on that invite.

Train I looked at these same cameras when I was shopping for my own I think that if you have the right codes and password you can sign into the drive cam via wi fi and view it live on your cell phone or tablet not that we would want to be doing that here lol but o think it is possible . Many of the new dash cams are going screen less now due to size issues

Train I looked at these same cameras when I was shopping for my own I think that if you have the right codes and password you can sign into the drive cam via wi fi and view it live on your cell phone or tablet not that we would want to be doing that here lol but o think it is possible . Many of the new dash cams are going screen less now due to size issues

hENcAE4.jpg

With the DC3/DC3P models it is not possible. Read it!! Do certain models have that feature? Absolutely. These models do not have that feature. They would not lie in their literature. It would be totally unethical and probably illegal. You can bring it up close and read it. I suggest you do that.

Do I understand this correctly? By the way, I watched the video on the Saia website and I didn't see the answer there.There are two cameras. One is facing forward and the other is facing inward plus a microphone. An event occurs outside and the recordings from both cameras plus audio is downloaded to wherever?

Do I understand this correctly? By the way, I watched the video on the Saia website and I didn't see the answer there.There are two cameras. One is facing forward and the other is facing inward plus a microphone. An event occurs outside and the recordings from both cameras plus audio is downloaded to wherever?
It is downloaded to safety. But only when an event is triggered. Some think they can activate these cameras remotely and get a live feed. It is not possible. It seems some are a bit paranoid.