XPO | Drivers appreciation week

Goslo

TB Regular
Credits
Wondering what's taking place at you barns to show appreciation for the drivers. Let us know the general area you're in.... ccx, cse or cwx...

on monday we got calculators/rulers for log book, tuesday we got new gloves (havent seen these yellow ones in a while !) and we had popcorn and gatorade..today (wed) is supposed to be nachos all day, thursday is ice cream sundays all day, and friday of course is an all day cookout.

CSE Dallas, Texas

the fos told me last night the TM told him we wernt having a cookout, he said it came from the top.
we had cookies and doughnuts monday and he said the only other thing is we will have is a cake. there is however water ,gatorade,soda in coolers on the dock. keep in mind this fos likes to pull peoples chain alot to so i dont take heed to alot of things he says.

We have received nothing and were told that is what we get .Oh ,there is a cake coming Thursday ,oh boy .

They say it came from the top .Whatever ! It may have ,but I see the scms with a back bone are still doing things for there drivers .

They wonder why morale is down and people do not care .When all you do is complain to your workers about the numbers and can't even provide some gatorade for the drivers because it cost too much ,BS . They provide water and that is all .

Do not get me wrong ,a cookout does not make or break a job .It is the little things you can do for a guy that makes them appreciate being there .

I'LL STEP OFF THE SOAP BOX NOW !!!!

I heard the south is haveing cookouts but central is not. I personally think a cookout helps moral. So i guess this comes from the region and not from our new president. What will they take next. Hope it is our new uniforms.

As of Tuesday night at our terminal nothing had been. TM said there would be cake for us when we came in Wednesday morning. However, that was nowhere to be found this morning. So, as of yet, can't say that I have seen anything. Not sure what other Central terminals are doing.

We had doughnuts Monday.We had cake today(Wednesday)and were also given first aid kits.TM told us there would be no cookout.Can't afford it.We're in the mid atlantic region.

I personally believe that if were'nt for the fact the whole country were doing this, that conway would not be doing it at all. If the company is that broke, they should save what little they did spend on cake and begels. SHAME on the greedy stockholders. They forget that it is the DRIVERS that make their livivgs for them!

What's going on with Central not having a cookout? In previous years there were cookout to appreciate the drivers, gifts were nicer. Maybe the TM is too lazy to set this up and stay late?

Can someone confirm that Central is a no-go for the cookout? If so, Driver Appreciation is deteriorating.

Maybe Fed X Will Feed Us.

Burgers, Brats, Italian Sausage, Chicken Breasts and all the fixings. Assorted Chips, Assorted soda, water, gatorade, Monster and Red Bull @ Brown.
No need to stuff your face and run off in a hurry for fear of management moaning cause it was an appreciation for us drivers.
TM and Ops manager cooked! It was great and they mingled with us all and incouraged us to stuff ourselves to the gill! :1036316054:

How many TM's FOM's cook at Con-way?

So far this year,all we got was a con-way
freight cake.No pizza,no cookout,no donuts.
The new con-way freight company is just like
any other trucking company( it's a job with a pay check )

Im in Central. One of the more senior drivers mentioned the gifts of previous years, ie, coffee mug, lunch bag, etc. and asked what this years would be. Got one of those sinical laughs from FOS and a :chairshot: for asking.

Got a cake though.:smilie_132:

O, and the Sales rep said he was cooking beans for Thurs. and breakfast pizza on Fri.

So no BBQ and get-together...just a little beans and egg pizza:1036316054:

sorry guys but not to be a downer, this sucks. i mean really really sucks. this is the only week out of the year when our fine company "recognizes" our accomplishments, achievements and accolades. each day of the appreciation week, would have a theme to it. this year? nothing why? "We can't afford it." this is the time of the year when it makes you feel good to be a driver and actually have purpose in your company. not just another robot. having a meal prepared for you regardless of what it is, brings it to a more personal level. kind of like a feast for your army. well, we are on the front line, and now it just seems like the company is starving us now with everything that has been taken away.....might as weel take the whole week away and forget it. ........wait, what am i thinking? if it saves con-way any money, then im all for it!!! go conway! go conway! go conway!

So far this year,all we got was a con-way
freight cake.No pizza,no cookout,no donuts.
The new con-way freight company is just like
any other trucking company( it's a job with a pay check )

You still have Thursday and Friday....there's still hope for pizza and donuts. :console:
Maybe a memo will come out.

I'm sure G.O and above are snickering over this topic.

Im in Central. One of the more senior drivers mentioned the gifts of previous years, ie, coffee mug, lunch bag, etc. and asked what this years would be. Got one of those sinical laughs from FOS and a :chairshot: for asking.
That's too bad you didn't get to experience the good old days ClearBlack.

O, and the Sales rep said he was cooking beans for Thurs. and breakfast pizza on Fri.

So no BBQ and get-together...just a little beans and egg pizza:1036316054:

That sounds so nasty. I feel sorry for your Sterling seats. :Fart: Hope it tastes good.....bring the Tabasco.

Friday is a full terminal cooked breakfast for us. Renting an electric grill to do eggs to order, hashbrowns, pancakes etc..