XPO | Drivers appreciation week

:nutkick:
That's too bad you didn't get to experience the good old days ClearBlack.

That sounds so nasty. I feel sorry for your Sterling seats. :Fart: Hope it tastes good.....bring the Tabasco.

Friday is a full terminal cooked breakfast for us. Renting an electric grill to do eggs to order, hashbrowns, pancakes etc..

wow and all we get is a kick in the sack:nutkick:

What's going on with Central not having a cookout? In previous years there were cookout to appreciate the drivers, gifts were nicer. Maybe the TM is too lazy to set this up and stay late?

Can someone confirm that Central is a no-go for the cookout? If so, Driver Appreciation is deteriorating.

Not at my barn. The whole company is deteriorating.

I was given the band aide package and I left it on the table where it was given to me at. It really makes me feel insulted.

We still have donut day every week. We had a cake for drivers appreciation, but oddly enough it was on the same day as the donuts. We were given the first-aid kit today...oh well, it's something. But it would be nice to work for a company that sincerely appreciated our efforts. Makes me wonder if this is thier way of saying the problems are our fault....kinda like icp factor.

well cookies MON, Nothing tues, gatoraide and cake wed, I dread seeing thur and fri. They might as well have done nothing! Where`s that first-aid kit I gotta headache and need tylenol already!:chairshot: :nutkick: :hide:

We have bagels every Wed but nothing yesterday. Instead we had 1 sheet cake, it was gone by 11AM. They used too at least buy 2 cakes, not anymore. I really think we are in trouble folks, over 20 years in trucking and many of them with Conway tells me it's time too hit the door.

WHOA!!!!

I Gotta get some time off NOW. The stress of the Driver Appreciation Week activities is OVERWHELMING. Somebody, please slow this orgy of gratitude down! I've had to double up on my tranqs.

Non-stop festivities!
Valet parking!
Sex shows!
Parties!
Sincerity!
Showers of generous gifts!
Parades!
Free Blood Pressure Checks!

And thru all of this, it's hard to keep sight on the fact that we were appreciated just one short year ago.

I guess Dave knows something about
employee moral that I don't.
This is just one of the changes that we have
to look foreword to.​

Once a month we have a sheet cake that is in recognition of all the birthdays that Service Center employees are celebrating that month. And it is always purchaced at the end of the month.

Strangly enough, the driver appreciation sheet cake looks just like the monthly birthday cake but with different words on top.

Nobody will notice.

In keeping with the thread subject;
A CAKE​

I am so sick of hearing this company cry poverty that I want to scream.It only goes downhill from here folks.We are the backbone of this company and without US there is no Con-way! Good luck to everyone.

That sounds so nasty. I feel sorry for your Sterling seats. :Fart: Hope it tastes good.....bring the Tabasco.

I never said I would eat the crap:smilie_132:

I think it was the "cheap" way out of a company paid meal.

And BTW. Here is a tid-bit for ya. Since I am new to conway(April)I didnt know about Driver App. Week. I only noticed on Wed. night when somebody said something and then there was a cake. Kinda funny. They should just change it to Driver App. Day. Whats with the "week"??:1036316054:

up here we had cinibon rolls monday pizza tuesday, scrambled eggs and bacon wed, thin cut ribeyes today I can not wait until tomorrow f dm he can suck an egg we dont care anymore at this terminal we will do as we please:funky: :butt kiss: :nutkick:

:1036316054: we had cookies and juice on tues. free backpacks on wed. and bbq. today and we are supposed to have cake tomorrow. I think you boys in central are not appreciated maybe its because you guys are making two bucks an hour more than the rest of us so quit complaining about how the company didnt feed you and be glad you are getting a decent wage. I would rather get paid what you guys get than all the freebies we've gotten out here on the left coast.:1036316054:

And BTW. Here is a tid-bit for ya. Since I am new to conway(April)I didnt know about Driver App. Week. I only noticed on Wed. night when somebody said something and then there was a cake. Kinda funny. They should just change it to Driver App. Day. Whats with the "week"??:1036316054:
it's a nationalt reconized event going back at least 20 years that I can rember. that's why I said if it weren't for the country wide thing, we would not have it at all !!!! greedy Ba%$#rds.

:1036316054: we had cookies and juice on tues. free backpacks on wed. and bbq. today and we are supposed to have cake tomorrow. I think you boys in central are not appreciated maybe its because you guys are making two bucks an hour more than the rest of us so quit complaining about how the company didnt feed you and be glad you are getting a decent wage. I would rather get paid what you guys get than all the freebies we've gotten out here on the left coast.:1036316054:
Dude, I totaly agree with you. we ALL should be paid the same wage.

The reason we get paid more in Central is the issue of cost-of-living. Do you realize how much more it costs to live in NE than anywhere else in the USA??

If you dont agree with this, just research it a bit. The city I live in now is the 3rd highest cost of living per capita in USA. Boston I think is #1 and somewhere around Philly is #2.

So its not just for the hell of it that we get paid more.

I highly doubt that the pay scale will be uniform across all of Con-way.
Like ClearBlack said...it's all about the cost of living and also what the competition is paying in those areas.

:toxic:
Well looks our Tm got the memo.We had pizza today,an we are having a cookout.

Pizza and a cookout, that's awesome and more like Con-way :1036316054:

For the other Con-way Centrals that don't appreciate their drivers through some kind of decent meal/cookout...it's the talk of the town in my area.
All companies are recognizing their drivers with some kind of meal other than a damn cheap overly frosted cake!

Is anyone in the Western Region having a cookout?

The reason we get paid more in Central is the issue of cost-of-living. Do you realize how much more it costs to live in NE than anywhere else in the USA??

If you dont agree with this, just research it a bit. The city I live in now is the 3rd highest cost of living per capita in USA. Boston I think is #1 and somewhere around Philly is #2.

So its not just for the hell of it that we get paid more.

And we move most of the freight for conway. The NE pays the bills.