XPO | Drivers appreciation week

The kit was better then nothing. Lots of goodies and they tried to make it nice. Other centers didn't really do much. XHG and XGH did very little for there people, What a shame. The one time of the year you can act like you give a damn about the people who put food on your table, that was too the managers who didn't care to do anything. To the one's who did do something nice, Hats off to you.

Well, Friday our SCM did put on a smaller cookout with dogs, burgs, chips, and soda. It may have been limited in expanse but it was the best tasting I've had at Conway.

It was paid for by him and our FOS's.

That impressed me, but then again so did The Corporation.

Well, Friday our SCM did put on a smaller cookout with dogs, burgs, chips, and soda. It may have been limited in expanse but it was the best tasting I've had at Conway.

It was paid for by him and our FOS's.

That impressed me, but then again so did The Corporation.

That my friend, is a total morale booster!:1036316054:
If your TM could do this than any darn TM could have. Use their damn American Express cards. Now you guys know how much your TM cared about appreciating you. Those gutless...cheap....lazy....whatever's.

Customer Service Week is around the corner. Starts October 1 - 5, 2007.
Let's see how much love is passed in October. I bet the office gets free lunches and flowers (if female) (condoms if male :hide: just kidding thats harrassment) and small gifts.

Usually slated for the office workers. Drivers also perform customer service on their P&D routes. Linehaul gets the shaft.

Yep, the FAC always gets screwed! we had to cook our own burgers last night using leftover meat. The big cookout was Friday 9 am until 8 ish from what I hear.

That's unfortunate because without the linehaul staff the customers freight would not move.

Our TM started off his day cooking for the early drivers and ended his day when the last Road Driver left the yard. I swear if you were blind you would of eaten him. He smelled like grilled meats.

*Without City drivers the freight would be sitting on customers docks.
*Without L/H drivers the freight would be sitting at the terminals dock.
*Without TM's the company can still run.....Hmmmm who needed to be appreciated?

Ntdaw

One ov our drivers went to a Wal Mart store and was given a whole bag of goodies from candy to nuts and other stuff. We had doughuts & Pizza on Monday along with calculator/log ruler. Tuesday was bags of fruit and chips from the sales team. On Wednesday we had a freezer full of ice cream. Thursday brought a slushie machine (which stayed through Friday). Friday was an all day cook out. Forgot to mentiion we had extra pizza on Wednesday because a few line dirvers were left out. I feel sorry for you guys up north.

I could care less about free food, gadgets, gizmo's, or recognition.

But what I do take to heart is the message that Corporate is sending concerning their outward view of labor. Talk is talk but action is everything.

This is part of the "rewarding careerer" part of what were told we will have here.

Of course, I was told that I would have a full pension and paid health insurance when I retire IF I come to work for Conway. Maybe The Corporation is stretching the truth a little........

That's unfortunate because without the linehaul staff the customers freight would not move.

Our TM started off his day cooking for the early drivers and ended his day when the last Road Driver left the yard. I swear if you were blind you would of eaten him. He smelled like grilled meats.

*Without City drivers the freight would be sitting on customers docks.
*Without L/H drivers the freight would be sitting at the terminals dock.
*Without TM's the company can still run.....Hmmmm who needed to be appreciated?
Just look at your boss and say what part of my job can or would you be willing too do.

we had pizzia,s one night because the two top drivers are on lh and shamed the tm into it. the f/a kit is actually a complience kit.
they forgot the instructions, place the sisours firmly against your forehead get a run from across the room and run as fast as you can into it.now you are frontal labotimized and moldable to what they want.

Well now that the responses are in it seems it varied throughout the system. It appears that if you're southern it was more likely that appreciation would be shown, but it's not a sure bet. Western, not much input but from what was given, they didn't do too badly. But, coming in last was central. Not much done to show appreciation at all. As a whole, it's a damn poor attitude conveyed toward drivers. What a shame that such animosity exists between management and the working class. {But then it's apparent they blame all their woes on us}. As for the latest initiative...IT STARTS WITH ME....it seems it actually starts somewhere else. There obviously needs to be a change of attitude somewhere. Perhaps leadership could set an example by actually acting like they give a damn for their employees, until then...........they are wasting they're time with all the latest BS. THE TRICK IS, GETTING YOUR PEOPLE TO WANT TO WORK FOR YOU!!!!! Management had an excellent opportunity to start over, the first drivers appreciation week since the big transition, but they dropped the ball. What a shame...anyone have the web address for monster dot com. I feel like looking for an outfit that would truely appreciate my efforts.

Well now that the responses are in it seems it varied throughout the system. It appears that if you're southern it was more likely that appreciation would be shown, but it's not a sure bet. Western, not much input but from what was given, they didn't do too badly. But, coming in last was central. Not much done to show appreciation at all. As a whole, it's a damn poor attitude conveyed toward drivers. What a shame that such animosity exists between management and the working class. {But then it's apparent they blame all their woes on us}. As for the latest initiative...IT STARTS WITH ME....it seems it actually starts somewhere else. There obviously needs to be a change of attitude somewhere. Perhaps leadership could set an example by actually acting like they give a damn for their employees, until then...........they are wasting they're time with all the latest BS. THE TRICK IS, GETTING YOUR PEOPLE TO WANT TO WORK FOR YOU!!!!! Management had an excellent opportunity to start over, the first drivers appreciation week since the big transition, but they dropped the ball. What a shame...anyone have the web address for monster dot com. I feel like looking for an outfit that would truely appreciate my efforts.

I feel for you driver. I really do. This is the first time I have ever heard of Con-way (Central) being cheapskates toward this event.

As far as management goes in getting you to do what they want you to do. XGO knows their bottom management team suck in the people skills department.

A disgruntled TM gave me insight to this book and said that they passed these out to all TM's and above.

Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus

Listen Up, Leader!

Looks as if the majority are not reading the book or trying too hard to be liked, making too sudden a change without giving solid reasoning.

WTF.....did I just post? Oh well.

I feel for you driver. I really do. This is the first time I have ever heard of Con-way (Central) being cheapskates toward this event.

As far as management goes in getting you to do what they want you to do. XGO knows their bottom management team suck in the people skills department.

A disgruntled TM gave me insight to this book and said that they passed these out to all TM's and above.

Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus

Listen Up, Leader!

Looks as if the majority are not reading the book or trying too hard to be liked, making too sudden a change without giving solid reasoning.

WTF.....did I just post? Oh well.

That's good info...I appreciate the post and links...ordered the second book minutes ago. Thanks again