XPO | Drivers appreciation week

The reason we get paid more in Central is the issue of cost-of-living. Do you realize how much more it costs to live in NE than anywhere else in the USA??

If you dont agree with this, just research it a bit. The city I live in now is the 3rd highest cost of living per capita in USA. Boston I think is #1 and somewhere around Philly is #2.

So its not just for the hell of it that we get paid more.
Not to mention that we load trailers better, work harder, perform better pre-trips, drive with more expertise, and are far better looking than any of the western and southern drivers. Oh, and we complain less as well.:hide:

Not to mention that we load trailers better, work harder, perform better pre-trips, drive with more expertise, and are far better looking than any of the western and southern drivers. Oh, and we complain less as well.:hide:
Random drug test/ happy meal coming your way!!:hide: :biglaugh:

real appreciation

We got donuts from Walmart, a cake from Walmart and I think we're getting something today too. If this company really appreciated us we'd have air-conditioned tractors. I've said it from my first summer (8yrs w/Con-Way) if the upper management had to work in a 105 degree heat index environment and they had little puddles of sweat on the floor of their vehicles from the sweat rolling down their arms and dripping off their elbows, we'd have air-conditioned rides. That would be a sign of real appreciation.

We got donuts from Walmart, a cake from Walmart and I think we're getting something today too. If this company really appreciated us we'd have air-conditioned tractors. I've said it from my first summer (8yrs w/Con-Way) if the upper management had to work in a 105 degree heat index environment and they had little puddles of sweat on the floor of their vehicles from the sweat rolling down their arms and dripping off their elbows, we'd have air-conditioned rides. That would be a sign of real appreciation.

We evolved differently than they. Lesser life forms are able to withstand excessive heat without discomfort.

I am so sick of hearing this company cry poverty that I want to scream.It only goes downhill from here folks.We are the backbone of this company and without US there is no Con-way! Good luck to everyone.

Look at the thread about the 500 mil bridge loan. They borrowed 500 mil at a high interest rate to be paid off by Aug 2008. Do a search on Bridge Loan and look at the def. You'll see why they are crying poor.

Look at the thread about the 500 mil bridge loan. They borrowed 500 mil at a high interest rate to be paid off by Aug 2008. Do a search on Bridge Loan and look at the def. You'll see why they are crying poor.

:poster_stupid: :poster_stupid: :poster_stupid: :poster_stupid:

:hide: We got nothing Monday or Tuesday, Bagels and cream cheese Wednesday, doughnuts and a "Made In CHINA" first aid kit on Thursday, nothing on Friday.
We get doughnuts every Thursday, so they don't even count for TD appreciation week.
The first aid kits probably cost Conway about $3.27 each, and the bagels probably worked out to about $1.38 per driver!!
I really feel appreciated!!!
Oh yeah, I forgot, we got a sleezy cake one of those days, all decorated nice so they could take a picture of it.
For years we got a nice gift, some sort of food every day, with one day the TM and sales people cooking steaks on the grill all day long. What happened? :smilie_132:

:hide: We got nothing Monday or Tuesday, Bagels and cream cheese Wednesday, doughnuts and a "Made In CHINA" first aid kit on Thursday, nothing on Friday.
We get doughnuts every Thursday, so they don't even count for TD appreciation week.
The first aid kits probably cost Conway about $3.27 each, and the bagels probably worked out to about $1.38 per driver!!
I really feel appreciated!!!
Oh yeah, I forgot, we got a sleezy cake one of those days, all decorated nice so they could take a picture of it.
For years we got a nice gift, some sort of food every day, with one day the TM and sales people cooking steaks on the grill all day long. What happened? :smilie_132:

i agree.... but its something i guess..

i kind of like the first aid kit,

I am going to use it on my motorcycle.... fits right under the seat.

We had:
Monday: Assorted bagels, cream cheese and coffee.
Tuesday: Pizza
Wednesday: Wicked cookout
Thursday: Sub Sandwiches and Pizza
Friday: Wicked fresh cooked breakfast, orange juice and coffee.
TM and Operations manager cooked and catered to us all week through the heavy heavy freight levels we have been experiencing. (They took time to care)
We received a letter stating how much we drivers were an integral part of Browns success, now and into the future. It felt damn good to hear this from management and made me go above and beyond the call of duty as well as the rest of us.
....Thats what Brown did for us. :1036316054:

I really feel so sorry for the Con-way terminals that took the easy way out or did not provide their drivers with one day of intense labor from management (cook out)
This was a week for the drivers and management screwed most of you guys over.
Now that it's water under the bridge...ahem....loan :biglaugh: Just be appreciative that you got something.

Did anyone get any kind of speech stating how valuable you drivers are to the company or are they just trying to **** you guys off and make you quit seeing that CFI will be snagging some of your runs.

If it's any consolation. I appreciate everyone of you Con-way drivers from the newbie driver to the senior driver, from the slacker to the over achiever! I know whats it's like to peddle freight hard under the Nextel gun and work the dock, dispatch late for a linehaul run, drive a non air-conditioned truck in the blistering heat, as well as being micro-managed.
In fact I know darn well what a Con-way driver is and I do applaud you guys! :clap: :1036316054:

:1036316054: we had cookies and juice on tues. free backpacks on wed. and bbq. today and we are supposed to have cake tomorrow. I think you boys in central are not appreciated maybe its because you guys are making two bucks an hour more than the rest of us so quit complaining about how the company didnt feed you and be glad you are getting a decent wage. I would rather get paid what you guys get than all the freebies we've gotten out here on the left coast.:1036316054:

+1

I'd also be happy to trade the free ge-gaw for and extra $3-6k per year.

My barn had Muffins on Wed, BBQ on Thursday, and a cake today. It actually was good chocolate cake with a raspberry filling.

We had:
TM and Operations manager cooked and catered to us all week through the heavy heavy freight levels we have been experiencing. (They took time to care)
We received a letter stating how much we drivers were an integral part of Browns success, now and into the future. It felt damn good to hear this from management and made me go above and beyond the call of duty as well as the rest of us.

I really feel so sorry for the Con-way terminals that took the easy way out or did not provide their drivers with one day of intense labor from management (cook out)
Now that it's water under the bridge...ahem....loan :biglaugh: Just be appreciative that you got something.

Did anyone get any kind of speech stating how valuable you drivers are to the company or are they just trying to **** you guys off and make you quit seeing that CFI will be snagging some of your runs.

If it's any consolation. I appreciate everyone of you Con-way drivers from the newbie driver to the senior driver, from the slacker to the over achiever! I know whats it's like to peddle freight hard under the Nextel gun and work the dock, dispatch late for a linehaul run, drive a non air-conditioned truck in the blistering heat, as well as being micro-managed.
In fact I know darn well what a Con-way driver is and I do applaud you guys! :clap: :1036316054:

Umm....

No
No
No
No
And No.

Not even a neat little speech. If it werent for somebody TELLING me it was DAW, I wouldnt have known.

We had:

What area you from, generally speaking.

there looking at that cheap mexican labor now.they cant drive there trucks in the u.s for there not d.o.t compliant .....get ready

Can you post a picture of the First aid kit and it's contents?
misc028.jpg

misc029.jpg

misc030.jpg

misc031.jpg