FedEx Freight | Dropping the bomb 2018

Wow none of the non union guys have anything to say about this post. Guess the CFO told the managers to try and let it die and don't dispute it lol

There are certain threads they stay away from... I suspect one of our most uniformed posters, will be along soon, to call the post lies, deceit, etc. Not naming names, of course.

Ultimately as a UPSF driver I just like watching the debates and since my family was at Overnite during the so called attempt I always feel a need to correct the story the seem to like to lie about. Also I think it is horrible how fxf treats it's employees who made them #1. You guys deserve to make what UPSF pays us.

I'm throwing the BS flag on this thread.
I'm calling bs on the fact you guys are arguably the #1 ltl carrier and have some of the lowest pay and worst benefits in the industry. I think yrcw has better pay and benefits and they are giving back 15% of their pay each week. Overnite's benefits from almost 10 yrs ago was better then what you guys have now.

::
Ultimately as a UPSF driver I just like watching the debates and since my family was at Overnite during the so called attempt I always feel a need to correct the story the seem to like to lie about. Also I think it is horrible how fxf treats it's employees who made them #1. You guys deserve to make what UPSF pays us.

I work for fedex, and while the money would be nice, my #1 complaint is the insurance, it has been for a while now. I have been married for 35 yrs and all my kids are out of the house, and used to be able get a plan for employee and spouse, now it has to be a family plan. It is cheaper for someone who is divorced and has 2 or more kids that he has to cover than it is for me, as there is still a employee and children option. Had a HR rep tell me that the reason for that was that older people go to the dr. more.: :horse****:: I told her evidently she had never been divorced or had children. :clapping:

:

I work for fedex, and while the money would be nice, my #1 complaint is the insurance, it has been for a while now. I have been married for 35 yrs and all my kids are out of the house, and used to be able get a plan for employee and spouse, now it has to be a family plan. It is cheaper for someone who is divorced and has 2 or more kids that he has to cover than it is for me, as there is still a employee and children option. Had a HR rep tell me that the reason for that was that older people go to the dr. more.:horse****: I told her evidently she had never been divorced or had children. :clapping:
If you add the benefits into the hourly rate here at UPSF it would push our pay close to $80/hr. That includes everything I do believe from health insurance to pension. Just for enlightenment sake.

This might be long. I just cant get it out of my head what the CFO said on Thursday in Charlotte. He stated that 1% of our work force ever reaches out of pocket deductibles or maximum out of pocket deductibles and only catastrofphic events would make this occur. We have a driver who then spoke out and said he was the 1%. He said he has over $6200 worth of medical bills and it wasnt a catastrophic event. But our CFO stated we have good insurance.He then said fedx had to do it or they would be fined by the goverment due to ACA. Another driver then asked what year fedx would be fined. CFO then said 2018. Our driver then said then why is our insurance so weak now if fedx wont be fined until 2018. He then angerly says " what were we suposed to do drop the bomb on you in 2018 we have a step plan" . Driver response is what does that mean. Whats gonna happen to our insurance in 2018. Our driver asked him to clarify what he means. CFO anwser was you can go vote on nov 19th. We'll it sounds like our insurance will decline evey year. What are we in store for??? 15k,20k out of pockets??? Being put on ACA??? I can not get this meeting out of my head.

Just one more reason to have a contract like we do at UPSF... I can't understand you anti-union guys in this day and age of corporate greed...

I've been talking to a lot of guys that are no vote's about insurance and disability we have and they don't realize how big of financial hit they would take if they got hurt outside of work. So I ask them do you know how much disability pays you if you get hurt and the answer is I don't know. when I tell them it's 60% of your pay they are shocked. I ask them could you pay your bills on that, we all know the answer to that. I had a accident in my driveway 2 1/2 years ago and nearly died and I'm still paying to this day on what insurance didn't cover. So I just keep trucking on and glad that I'm still on the right side of the dirt.

What does disability pay if your union? I will have to check but mine is less than 60% thats why I carry supplemental disability it's not very expensive.

The information shared here is awesome. The more this campaign spreads to other regions across the country the more it becomes a logistical nightmare for the union avoidance team. Congratulations to the ones who have the intestinal fortitude to hold it all together.

Could anyone involved in organizing please forward any info about this Charlotte meeting to the proper people in the Newark terminal, who will be also voting this week? ASAP. Every minute counts. Its Sunday and quite possibly they could reach people today. Thanx.
Is it just Charlotte and Newark voting this week?

Well wherected is the link from this so called fedex exec sayin they would negotiate they would not just send sone local letter to a few drivers like that this is just the worm of some union rat of. Here loomin to stir something up typical of the way the union works they Need these next few terminals to vote yes or its all down hill fro. Here despirate times call for desperate measures

Could anyone involved in organizing please forward any info about this Charlotte meeting to the proper people in the Newark terminal, who will be also voting this week? ASAP. Every minute counts. Its Sunday and quite possibly they could reach people today. Thanx.
Is it just Charlotte and Newark voting this week?
No. Richmond is the 21st.

I paid my bills when out of work.100 days 60% pay in mail box every Saturday.no debt,thanks to loyal debt plan.union will be good.fed ex may want union,close hr dept,pay less into union for health and wellness benefits.seen a post on this board on disability pay in union shop,was not as much,

Well wherected is the link from this so called fedex exec sayin they would negotiate they would not just send sone local letter to a few drivers like that this is just the worm of some union rat of. Here loomin to stir something up typical of the way the union works they Need these next few terminals to vote yes or its all down hill fro. Here despirate times call for desperate measures
FedEx Express delivered letters to all Charlotte Drivers.

Just like the letter that was posted at NEW about some supposed petition signed by SNW drivers. Naw FedEx wouldn't lie about something as important as that now would they. Think about it, big daddy how many times have you caught FedEx in a lie. Surely if you'll be honest with yourself you can remember some. I'm not even going to ask you to say what they are in public.