FedEx Freight | Dropping the bomb 2018

If you think amy drivers are gonna work to pay healthcare costs like your CFO told them or eluded to you better come off your LSD or put the needle down!!"@#!???''!!&.(and all that extreme puncuations too LOL).

Fedex is not God.
I think theyll vote YES and HOLD THEIR GROUND soldier boy.

I'm anything but hiding under my blankey. So your telling me that if we vote the union in that our retirement and health benefit's will be better???????????????. NO you can't.............. Your blowing smoke up everybody's skirt. That things will be all sugar and spice with rainbows at all the terminal's. YOU CAN"T guarantee us squat.. It's all up to what is negotiated. And if you think FXF is just going to roll over and give in You better take another hit of your bong. They will drag this out for YEARS.

Everybodys wife cant afford to give their hubby thousands of dollars allowance money for healthcare.
Only a fotunate few have it like that.

I'm anything but hiding under my blankey. So your telling me that if we vote the union in that our retirement and health benefit's will be better???????????????. NO you can't.............. Your blowing smoke up everybody's skirt. That things will be all sugar and spice with rainbows at all the terminal's. YOU CAN"T guarantee us squat.. It's all up to what is negotiated. And if you think FXF is just going to roll over and give in You better take another hit of your bong. They will drag this out for YEARS.

I do not recall ever getting a statement and neither does my wife. It could be one of those things you just glance at and toss without realizing it. I just figured maybe someone knew about this. I will attempt to make contact with my local HR but I hear they are busy with anti union stuff so it may take several days. Ask questions during the meetings in the mean time because something smells here.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

If the plan is too "good" based on government definitions, then the corporation will be taxed. Right now Unions are exempt. It would have never passed with democratic support if the unions would have been taxed on their cadillac plans.

The government wants everybody on the ACA and in time they will get their way if we don't do something to change the course.

November 4th, 2014 was a move in the right direction.

Don't blame these corporations for adapting to government meddling, blame the government for solutions in search of a problem.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

If the plan is too "good" based on government definitions, then the corporation will be taxed. Right now Unions are exempt. It would have never passed with democratic support if the unions would have been taxed on their cadillac plans.

The government wants everybody on the ACA and in time they will get their way if we don't do something to change the course.

November 4th, 2014 was a move in the right direction.

Don't blame these corporations for adapting to government meddling, blame the government for solutions in search of a problem.

The cadillac tax is absurd and putting a lot of pressure on corporations. Yes, we live in a world where our government will begin taxing companies, in 2018, that give their employees excellent insurance. They will issue a 40% excise tax on companies on any amount of benefit given to employees above a certain amount.

These "cadillac" plans encourage those employees to "overuse" their benefits. Crazy, huh?

I do not recall ever getting a statement and neither does my wife. It could be one of those things you just glance at and toss without realizing it. I just figured maybe someone knew about this. I will attempt to make contact with my local HR but I hear they are busy with anti union stuff so it may take several days. Ask questions during the meetings in the mean time because something smells here.
It's on your W2 form. Nobody pays attention to it because right now it is not asked for on the 1040 tax form

More Govt. meddling, causing problems in the marketplace. Problems that can only be fixed by more Gov't meddling, or so they say. All in the name of fairness. Employer based health insurance was born due to wage and price controls, as a way for the market to function properly despite Govt. interference.

More Govt. meddling, causing problems in the marketplace. Problems that can only be fixed by more Gov't meddling, or so they say. All in the name of fairness. Employer based health insurance was born due to wage and price controls, as a way for the market to function properly despite Govt. interference.

Well you've heard it on the news, they can't just pull ObamaCare now. It has to be "replaced" with something equal or better that is less damaging. Like you said, more meddling is the only way out, because a new proposal that yanks benefits out of the hands of millions through a repeal of the ACA is not something anyone wants a part of.

What so many don't know is, like FedEx, "large" corporations are going to gradually reduce the total cost of insurance plans while increasing your share of the cost until 2018, where I'm not sure what happens next. We get thrown on the exchange? I don't know, but we are gonna get screwed.

A question I pose is this: Will the labor unions be subjected to this? I know they have been fighting ObamaCare since 2013 when they found out that it would not be good for them, and from what I'm reading, they are not making much headway. From what I can tell, Unions have a lot of power, and it seams they might be the reason the cadillac tax was pushed back until 2018. Are they our only hope in fighting this? Or will they fall victim as well?

Everybodys wife cant afford to give their hubby thousands of dollars allowance money for healthcare.
Only a fotunate few have it like that.
Your the PREFECT examples of WHY I hate your gut less teamsters. Your little snarky remark about my wife's business. She is small mom and pop drapery business. and just so you know she is on my insurance. It's a family business that has been around since 1909. You talk like your a know it all. start your own biz and see what it's like having to comply with all the crap from the county, state, city, and federal Gov. You have know idea. Crawl back in your IBT whole where you came from. It's people like you that keep my hatred up for beloved teamsters. It's your little personal attacks like this one that show your true IBT colors YELLOW. your a scum bag.

If you think amy drivers are gonna work to pay healthcare costs like your CFO told them or eluded to you better come off your LSD or put the needle down!!"@#!???''!!&.(and all that extreme puncuations too LOL).

Fedex is not God.
I think theyll vote YES and HOLD THEIR GROUND soldier boy.
I got your soldier boy hanging. FYI I was a sailor not a soldier.Oh did you serve? I bet not.

So YRC makes $27 an hour an $.69 a mile? Better head back to math class. Lies will never convince anyone. The truth is always better. One doesn't have to cover for the truth.

Guardrail
So how much would it cost me weekly for the best Insurance plan at FedEx for a family of seven?

If teamcare benefits aren't Cadillac then what is?

However, I'm glad that its under the threshold. It gives us some hope!

If teamcare benefits aren't Cadillac then what is?

However, I'm glad that its under the threshold. It gives us some hope!
We were told in the meeting to ratify our current contract that we would be below the threshold by something like $2500. I might be off it was over a year ago now since that meeting. And I think a lot of stuff with idiotic law is going to change by 2018. I would plan for what we know and not what "could" happen.

The excise tax is complete BS given how crappy our plan is. Just an excuse to justify lowering what the company pays for healthcare. Assuming the excise tax portion of the law is not repealed before 2018 (there is a good chance it will given the bi-partisan support for modifying the Affordable Care Act), the fact remains that our plan is so crappy that FedEx would not even be hit with any tax in 2018 given the thresholds. My wife is a healthcare consultant who is advising companies on this issue. She said it would be a long very long time before our sub-standard plan was ever taxed. Assuming the tax ever goes into place.

Thanks SwampRatt just trying to see how good u guys at FedEx really got it. I thought it was way more than that.. But if u guys are make 27hr and .69 mile that's better than YRC . I still want u guys to vote the union in so we all can be a stronger Union for drivers.