XPO | Equal pay central and southern DSR's

So just because you work in a high volume fac it's ok when some of the rest of us get the screws put to us so we don't make it over 50? Besides, if I could make the same amount I'm making now and have to spend less of my time at work to do it I'm all for it. Who wants to spend over 50 hours a week at work? Not me, I'd rather spend that time with my family, and if the company needs me for over 40 a week then there should be additional compensation for it, like the rest of the working world. Isn't that why most of us are in the ltl business, to have a more normal life trucking? Then we ought to be compensated like the regular world.
First you say, your getting screwed by not being able to get more than 50,then you say you want to spend time with the family by only working 40. I'm confused.

5egy9yge.jpg

First you say, your getting screwed by not being able to get more than 50,then you say you want to spend time with the family by only working 40. I'm confused.
I can't speak for the other driver so here's my opinion: Here in old CCX country , if it's necessary we work OT to finish the job. If we have to work more than 40 or over 8 Con-way pays a premium for the drivers time. I have to work less to make the same amount of money as a driver from LMD or NRM. This discourages the company from keeping me there on the clock unnecessarily.

OK, let me simplify this for you... I'm not getting screwed for not getting over 50, I (and yes even you beer even though you don't see it this way) are getting screwed because we don't get OVERTIME until after 50. If I'm not mistaken, overtime is defined as additional compensation for an employee who is asked to work excess hours. The accepted norm for a work week in most every other profession, even some LTL trucking (OMG UNIONS!!!!!!!!! SCARY!! Oh wait, FXF isn't union) is 40 hours per week. Why is it that down here in the south with Con-way a "normal" work week is 50 when in 2/3 of the company it's 40?What sense does this make? It's not fair and to me is offensive because apparently my time is worth less just because of where I live. As I've said before, we work for the same company, do the same job, drive the same trucks, and wear the same uniforms. Sure, if we got overtime after 8 maybe I'll get fewer hours, but if I make the same dollar amount at the end of the week I've gained something because I get more time at home and less time at work to make the same amount. Does that clear it up for you?

I can't speak for the other driver so here's my opinion: Here in old CCX country , if it's necessary we work OT to finish the job. If we have to work more than 40 or over 8 Con-way pays a premium for the drivers time. I have to work less to make the same amount of money as a driver from LMD or NRM. This discourages the company from keeping me there on the clock unnecessarily.

And I'm fine with that. Just a quick poll question for you guys that get o/t after 8, on average how many hours a week do you work? I imagine most of us work over 8 hours a day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing a majority of drivers that are eligible for o/t after 8 get o/t every week.

I can't speak for thime other driver so here's my opinion: Here in old CCX country , if it's necessary we work OT to finish the job. If we have to work more than 40 or over 8 Con-way pays a premium for the drivers time. I have to work less to make the same amount of money as a driver from LMD or NRM. This discourages the company from keeping me there on the clock unnecessarily.

I'm pretty sure I know how it works. I'm not confused about that.

I'm pretty sure I know how it works. I'm not confused about that.

And that's how it SHOULD work. And I guarantee you, they don't "keep me on the clock unnecessarily" as it was posted above. The minute they don't have anything for us to do they're practically pushing us out the door. Production is EVERYTHING at my yard.

That post maybe the most accurate discription of Conway that I have ever seen on here. Next time change the carrot to a rotting carrot.

They intentionally route freight across the south to take advantage of the lower wages. You guys down south have this all wrong. They would lower everyone elses wages before they ever gave you more. And the big metros would still make more than all the rest of us.

They intentionally route freight across the south to take advantage of the lower wages. You guys down south have this all wrong. They would lower everyone elses wages before they ever gave you more. And the big metros would still make more than all the rest of us.

Fine! Lower everyone's wages to ours! See how ya'all like it for a change. If you guys had to make what we make I bet you'd change your tune quick. The metro areas should make more than the rest of us, it's more expensive to live there. Atlanta ain't cheap either, believe me I know.

Fine! Lower everyone's wages to ours! See how ya'all like it for a change. If you guys had to make what we make I bet you'd change your tune quick. The metro areas should make more than the rest of us, it's more expensive to live there. Atlanta ain't cheap either, believe me I know.

That's the point. If they payed me what they pay you I would go work across the street. I got options. And that equals money.

That's the point. If they payed me what they pay you I would go work across the street. I got options. And that equals money.

Same down here in my "major sized" southern barn. We are a revolving door with drivers. They pop out just as much ad they pop in. Always going some where else. Even had a guy leave for Sysco. Who wants to go throw cartons at every stop when they can watch a lift take it of our trucks? I think the pay is just the most obvious problem we have here, as there are many, many more.
This company doesn't view but having an option. They no more care if a guy up there with you quits than if I were to quit. We ARE THE MOST EXPENDABLE resource this company has. We probably have 5 apps on file waiting for every driver that may quit. They sure don't view you any more special than I.

Same down here in my "major sized" southern barn. We are a revolving door with drivers. They pop out just as much ad they pop in. Always going some where else. Even had a guy leave for Sysco. Who wants to go throw cartons at every stop when they can watch a lift take it of our trucks? I think the pay is just the most obvious problem we have here, as there are many, many more.
This company doesn't view but having an option. They no more care if a guy up there with you quits than if I were to quit. We ARE THE MOST EXPENDABLE resource this company has. We probably have 5 apps on file waiting for every driver that may quit. They sure don't view you any more special than I.

Do they run the flex board the way it's supposed to be run? one board? Starting Midnight Sunday (or monday morning midnight)

Do they run the flex board the way it's supposed to be run? one board? Starting Midnight Sunday (or monday morning midnight)

We do it where the most senior guys get the shaft by having to cover inbound shorts and all the newer guys get the great 6:00 am city starts. Yep 1 flex.

We do it where the most senior guys get the shaft by having to cover inbound shorts and all the newer guys get the great 6:00 am city starts. Yep 1 flex. I think they actually pull fac extras from the inbound and don't call in flex drivers to cover said run as they don't wanna delay the freight. Then they bring in flex guys to cover wherever needed.

We do it where the most senior guys get the shaft by having to cover inbound shorts and all the newer guys get the great 6:00 am city starts. Yep 1 flex.

nobody on our flex knows what they're doing daily(well, maybe the top two or three). The newer flex guys usually run to the FAC in Abilene, in the pos truck. I like the one board seniority, but that flex board is the biggest contributor to the turn-over.

We do it where the most senior guys get the shaft by having to cover inbound shorts and all the newer guys get the great 6:00 am city starts. Yep 1 flex. I think they actually pull fac extras from the inbound and don't call in flex drivers to cover said run as they don't wanna delay the freight. Then they bring in flex guys to cover wherever needed.

I think it's that way here too, they just grab the first person, with hours, and go.