XPO | Equal pay central and southern DSR's

Makes sense. Can you imagine? Rolling up to a door and being told " load it " while some guy making more than you is standing around goal tending with a cup of coffee in his hand ? There would be fights every night.

I still don't see it happening. They are getting away with it. And making money doing it. And if they cut pay up north they would lose a lot drivers. Of course as I type that I realize that may very well be the real reason to do it. To get rid of drivers. If you cut the pay up north. That would do it. These guys are already steaming over loss of vacation, loss of retirement and loss of health care. If they lost the wage, Con-way would be no different than any other trucking outfit. There wouldn't be any draw to stay.

Even as it stands people in this region have been leaving. Guys with plenty of time. Caught up in the down turn in the economy. Either their barn got slow. Or a competitor opened a new barn near by. It would be interesting what would happen. Because I doubt that they would choose to pay you more. They would almost certainly pay us less.

It happens all the time in marshfield mo. These dsr's standing around barking orders like they are better and more valuable then you are because they make more money per hour and ot ...
And speaking of quitting just the other day a 12 year linehaul driver just walked out .. Said he's tired of all the bullsh!t , stolen vacation, no retirement, and insurance so high you can't afforded to use it .. Really dont surprise me much because I've seen a lot of good drivers leave this place in the last year and go to work for company's that takes care of there employees !

Ive heard several times they have guys that live in the NWR (winchester, Va) area that travel 45 min north to work out of the XHG (hagerstown) terminal....Its basically the line between the north and south. Personally id rather not have a commute that long to work.....but for the difference in money it can make a big difference.

A short while back, dsr's at my "n" barn were asked if we wanted to work temporarily at an "x" barn. When asked if we would receive their pay/ot, well, we were actually laughed at.

Ive heard several times they have guys that live in the NWR (winchester, Va) area that travel 45 min north to work out of the XHG (hagerstown) terminal....Its basically the line between the north and south. Personally id rather not have a commute that long to work.....but for the difference in money it can make a big difference.

I'd do it in a second with a smile on my face and a song in m heart! Unfortunately all a 45 minute commute would gain me here is a chance to work out of the great black hole known as NAT. No thanks.

OOH! OOH!! I want a start card! NOT! Man what a waste of paper that thing is. I agree that are pay needs brought up to match the north. I moved here a few years ago and Brian Anderson told me the cost of living is higher up there. That's complete bull. I don't live in a city now or when I lived in the north and my cost of living is almost double here! Over time wouldn't help me since I'm on line haul now but It would be nice to know that Im at least equal to my northern co-workers. Sure Metro guys should get paid more. Thats another topic.

the last I heard was we would know before April and that there is some sort of proposal to give some areas based on a Damned Survey more pay those whom wont be getting a raise will get a Bonus instead ??? how much and when is anyone's Guess who gets a raise and who gets bonus >???????? who the hell knows ???

the last I heard was we would know before April and that there is some sort of proposal to give some areas based on a Damned Survey more pay those whom wont be getting a raise will get a Bonus instead ??? how much and when is anyone's Guess who gets a raise and who gets bonus >???????? who the hell knows ???

The drivers take a pay cut, the grey shirts get a raise and Dougy Fresh gets a bonus.

When did all this happen? We're not under any payout..in fact, we've had a raise since then.

It was sarcasm for the sake of humor. In direct response to the previous post that ended with several questions. I offered several answers.

when our regional manager last came to our barn he told us the board was going to vote on "market rate" pay increases......it's a crock