Holland | Escape YRC?

1. UPS has deep deep pockets.
2. Who is really going to buy a Union line?
3. Sad fact is most investors would run like he'll from a NMFA company, which is unfortunate but probably true. However if it were going to happen right now would be a likely time for it to sell with the freight capacity the way it is.

Holland consistently makes 65 to 70 million dollars per year,and operates under the Nmfa.Doesn't sound like a bad investment to me.

If UPS was 6.1 billion ,there is no way Yrc is 9 billion. This 9 billion number must be the entire shebang.When companies exit and it passes financial burden to another company,it is a Ponzi scheme.
Why should a company claim debt when they paid in everything required and then start paying more for companies that failed or exited? We would all be raising hell if it were our company. At this point the Ponzi scheme has almost put us in the boneyard and the only way out is to eliminate withdraw liabilities.We would be sold within a year.
Its higher than UPS was because there are less paying in now. As companies leave it changes the liability for those that remain. If yrcw had gone out of business and didnt pay the liability, the unfunded liability that ABF would be responsible for would be much higher than $9 billion.

is there any way for someone to bargain out of the withdrawal liabilities? I heard a rumor that jack cooper didn't assume allied's liabilities when it bought them.

Holland consistently makes 65 to 70 million dollars per year,and operates under the Nmfa.Doesn't sound like a bad investment to me.
Yeah but holland is tied to yrc
I don't think yrc or holland are going anywhere they're just staying afloat until they can get Yrcw profitable. Yrc is more valuable to the investors because it has more earning potential overall. Instead of just blindly taking money maybe the company and the union should have cut the fat for example unproductive ancient work rules that aren't compatible with today's LTL competition. The company could have gave a little back and helped moral while at the same time gaining work methods that are more productive. Do this little by little year by year and you'd be right there with everyone else.

Yeah but holland is tied to yrc

I don't think yrc or holland are going anywhere they're just staying afloat until they can get Yrcw profitable. Yrc is more valuable to the investors because it has more earning potential overall. Instead of just blindly taking money maybe the company and the union should have cut the fat for example unproductive ancient work rules that aren't compatible with today's LTL competition. The company could have gave a little back and helped moral while at the same time gaining work methods that are more productive. Do this little by little year by year and you'd be right there with everyone else.

Have to agree with you there,a change in work rules could get us 7% back immediately.Off the record,I was told such a proposal was offered.The biggest change company wanted was line haul to do their own drops and hooks.At this point I don't believe company or union.

Have to agree with you there,a change in work rules could get us 7% back immediately.Off the record,I was told such a proposal was offered.The biggest change company wanted was line haul to do their own drops and hooks.At this point I don't believe company or union.
We'll Falcon I'm now a road driver at ups freight and we do all of our drop and hooks and we fuel our truck at the end of the day for the city driver. Everybody including management is held accountable for their task. When I was at Holland even my terminal manager didn't give a ::shit:: about anything, I even called him out on that one time. I loved the laid back atmosphere at Holland but sometimes it was way too laid back. I expect to go to work to work not play! I also don't want anybody playing with my check and my pension. I hope YRCW and Holland/New Penn all make it but I think that the union and management just kicked the can down the road without a confronting the root problems. Upper management should have all cut their salaries in half when we were asked to take cuts, as a token of good will. Instead they came in and asked everyone where they could find another job this easy and told them they needed to preserve such an easy job.

I wish us line haul guys could do all drop and hooks and get these "yard " guys on the dock or on the street peddling. It's ludacris to pay full time employees to hook a truck and take a 15 minute break then hook another, take another break and hook another. While they're doing that they're spilling fuel on your tanks and putting their greasy or snowy gloves all over the interior of your truck. I don't mean to over generalize, not all yard guys are like this.

I wish us line haul guys could do all drop and hooks and get these "yard " guys on the dock or on the street peddling. It's ludacris to pay full time employees to hook a truck and take a 15 minute break then hook another, take another break and hook another. While they're doing that they're spilling fuel on your tanks and putting their greasy or snowy gloves all over the interior of your truck. I don't mean to over generalize, not all yard guys are like this.

Generally I am required to do my own switches at night after the first dispatch. Don't know where you are going with this, but having drivers coming out of the hotel, as well as the bid drivers coming from home, all doing our own fueling and hooks would cause a little congestion don't you think?
Do you run daytime linehaul consistently?

They arent YOUR fuel tanks and it isnt the interior of YOUR truck. Maybe city guys dont like having to get into a truck after a road driver spilled coffee, dropped food, and ::shit:: himself in the cab all night. Hell half of you are too lazy to park in the right spot because it would mean too long of a walk to the building and thats in good weather.

The numbers are so skewed anymore no one knows the real numbers. I just used the latest ones from the Nasdaq reports. I trust them moe than I do YRCW numbers. Most everything on the pension is just an estimation, no hard figures.

I just read in the article "anatomy of a turnaround Yrc worldwide " from 2/2015 the liabilities were around 10 billion.You are correct.Its an interesting article if you haven't already read it.

They arent YOUR fuel tanks and it isnt the interior of YOUR truck. Maybe city guys dont like having to get into a truck after a road driver spilled coffee, dropped food, and :::shit::: himself in the cab all night. Hell half of you are too lazy to park in the right spot because it would mean too long of a walk to the building and thats in good weather.
Well the interior of "their" truck that I drive is very clean and I'd be comfortable eating dinner off the floor in it. I can post pictures if you'd like. It's just inconsiderate to put a greasy glove on the door handle inside or on the seat or steering wheel when it's obvious someone takes better care of "Hollands" truck than normal. It is also inconsiderate and wasteful to spill fuel on tanks that are clean and white when truck washes run $40 or so and acid to clean them with if you do it yourself is $10 a gallon. I keep the Clorox wipes division in business having to go behind everyone that makes a mess in "their" truck so I don't have to ride around in filth all night. I'm sorry all line guys do not leave a clean environment for local cartage guys, I guess nastiness and truck driving go together.

That falls perfectly under the dinosaur work rules. Everyone else does there own drops and hooks. Sometimes changes need to be made to survive, and for the most part, nothing has changed other than employees making financial sacrifices.

Generally I am required to do my own switches at night after the first dispatch. Don't know where you are going with this, but having drivers coming out of the hotel, as well as the bid drivers coming from home, all doing our own fueling and hooks would cause a little congestion don't you think?
Do you run daytime linehaul consistently?

It doesn't cause congestion at any other freight company, not sure why it would here if the city guys fuel it after they're done for the day. I do not run days all the time but when I do I run into silly things like "you can do your drop and hook yourself but you can't fuel it yourself". Wether the "yard guy" feels like switching me out is another factor, it's consistently different. That's just my personal opinion.

Well the interior of "their" truck that I drive is very clean and I'd be comfortable eating dinner off the floor in it. I can post pictures if you'd like. It's just inconsiderate to put a greasy glove on the door handle inside or on the seat or steering wheel when it's obvious someone takes better care of "Hollands" truck than normal. It is also inconsiderate and wasteful to spill fuel on tanks that are clean and white when truck washes run $40 or so and acid to clean them with if you do it yourself is $10 a gallon. I keep the Clorox wipes division in business having to go behind everyone that makes a mess in "their" truck so I don't have to ride around in filth all night. I'm sorry all line guys do not leave a clean environment for local cartage guys, I guess nastiness and truck driving go together.
I remember (as a city driver) getting into line haul trucks in the morning and seeing a spotless truck. I often left notes on the back of a bill of lading and placed it on the dash, or a note in the VCR book complimenting the Line Haul driver for being a class act.
It sure was nice seeing guys that still had pride.

We have a vendor that fuels trucks at my barn. I have gotten in trucks where the dvr says "needs def" I put enough in for me seeing as the road man is too lazy to do it himself. If I get a clean truck that is how I treat it. I have written up roadmen trucks for being unfit for human occupation.

What's ludicrous is line haul guys that walk all the way back to dispatch to tell them they need a placard flipped.

We have a vendor that fuels trucks at my barn. I have gotten in trucks where the dvr says "needs def" I put enough in for me seeing as the road man is too lazy to do it himself. If I get a clean truck that is how I treat it. I have written up roadmen trucks for being unfit for human occupation.

I wish more guys were like you. It's just wrong to pass the buck to the next man or intentionally inconvenience the next man. That's sad we have line guys that are too sorry to throw out their trash and keep it halfway clean. It's also sad on the other hand to have local guys that completely disregard that a line driver keeps Hollands truck cleaner than normal and leaves trash, spills liquids in and on the cup holders, excessive crumbs etc etc. I don't know why we can't all look out for each other. I'm not asking anyone to detail the truck by any means but try to leave it like ya found it.