Estes | ESTES EXPRESS LINES 401k PLAN

do what i didn't get it. oo taxes i get it i think

I wuz saying that big E (Rob) probably is not completely debt free expecially since they just bought a terminal or terminals before the year ended. When someone is completly debt free its hard to hide the income for the 2008 year. You have to give a big % of it to uncle sam. If you can creat debt the uncle sam payment is less..Hiding your profit is what big companies do.....now I'm confused...I think it's too early in the morn'n. :wacko:

Abf

Heartland & Knight trans. are susposed to be the only 2 debt free truck'n outfits these companies claim they could haul nothing and pay their employees for 1 year and still be ok. I think big E has enough debt to keep the uncle sam payment lower. Rich folks know how to hide income.

ABF is also debt free.:woot:

well i'll call rob and get back to ya :hysterical: wish i could find stats on estes let me dig

I lost ya on this one. I simply want to invest in my own retirement and not have to rely on the government (social security) Will it be there when I want it. I will retire at 55 years old, why should I have to wait until I am 67 or more to be able to withdraw these funds (if their still there) I have paid into social security for many, many years and probably won't see that money. That's why I would take the cash right now and run.

Well a big E driver would have no idea about 55 years old and retire, unless they were union for years before they got here.
Or had a Pension from somewhere else. I never get how they say Pensions are over, just because of the coporate greed and that bottom line. It's all about that profit these days.
Who cares if it cost the majority of Americans to suffer in retirement.
I feel the same way alot better off without the Government, if they really cared about us they would have given us the buy out money and hell we all could have a little change for awhile.

Well a big E driver would have no idea about 55 years old and retire, unless they were union for years before they got here.
Or had a Pension from somewhere else. I never get how they say Pensions are over, just because of the coporate greed and that bottom line. It's all about that profit these days.
Who cares if it cost the majority of Americans to suffer in retirement.
I feel the same way alot better off without the Government, if they really cared about us they would have given us the buy out money and hell we all could have a little change for awhile.

My dad retired from a union company. He gets a big pension check a big 401k check and his social security is fix'n to get started. He say's he works twice as hard on retirement than he did working. If I do end up having to work until I'm 67 or so I cant change anything. In reality I work very little for the $1,000+ I do bring home each week. So I cant complain. By the time I'm 67 I should have a very easy daytime 200 mile round trip run an the pay should be around a dollar a mile then:popcorn:

abf is in fine shape i agree but they do have a debt, very small but some debt. thats all i was saying. abf is in great shape as a company

abf is in fine shape i agree but they do have a debt, very small but some debt. thats all i was saying. abf is in great shape as a company

Yea, ole ABF kinda operates like us, very low key but just seem to plug right along. Good bunch of guys over there to, at least the ones i know anyways.

My dad retired from a union company. He gets a big pension check a big 401k check and his social security is fix'n to get started. He say's he works twice as hard on retirement than he did working. If I do end up having to work until I'm 67 or so I cant change anything. In reality I work very little for the $1,000+ I do bring home each week. So I cant complain. By the time I'm 67 I should have a very easy daytime 200 mile round trip run an the pay should be around a dollar a mile then:popcorn:

Hello brother Mildew. Your back is working harder than you think earning that 1k a week bring home. Te out.....

Hello brother Mildew. Your back is working harder than you think earning that 1k a week bring home. Te out.....

I stop by the chiropractor from time to time and get the kinks worked out!! I'm also getting alot of rest lately. More than I want. I think that 1k may be a thing of the past.:ohmy: