Estes | Estes to make major investment in transportation industry real estate with yrc

How much do you know. I only made statements concerning the property sale between Estes and YRC. None of us are outsiders on this forum, we all contribute something. Read the rules yourself, unless I break a rule, I am allowed on any forum except the "non-union drivers" forum.
Like I said, how much do you really know ? Have you read the SEC filings ? Do you really know what happens in the Estes executive boardroom ?
The only nerve you hit was your sarcastic comment about a previous employer of mine. It seems like I have hit a nerve commenting about your present employer .... seems about the same, right ?

For some reason this whole deal has hit a nerve with you.
You have never been a regular on this board and now all of a sudden you are seeking to down play the importance of this deal to the survival of yrc. Let's just be real here a minute. Could it be that you just don't like the fact that a non-union carrier just bought up a bunch of union carrier assets?

For some reason this whole deal has hit a nerve with you.
Like I said, the only nerve you hit was your sarcastic comment regarding a previous employer. You started by insulting me. I was only on this forum commenting about postings referring to the business deal between YRC and Estes.
You have never been a regular on this board and now all of a sudden you are seeking to down play the importance of this deal to the survival of yrc. Let's just be real here a minute. Could it be that you just don't like the fact that a non-union carrier just bought up a bunch of union carrier assets?
Let them buy all they want, it has no effect on me, I don't own their stock and I can't change the way they do business. Like I said, I only refuted comments I felt were inaccurate.
You on the other hand seem like your only mission is to insult me.
Try debating the facts about the sale, of which there are few, instead of throwing insulting comments about my previous employer.
And your a bible school teacher ?

I do not know for sure but I would guess that Estes is paying CASH for these terminals. That is something YRC could not do then or now. Maybe Rob is going to buy YRC and its other companys.

I do not know for sure but I would guess that Estes is paying CASH for these terminals.
Sure, I guess that's possible. Does any large company use their own cash for business dealings in today's world ? Very few I think, it seems more prudent to use banks, private equity funds or capitol venture firms for those large transactions so as to preserve their own cash.
That is something YRC could not do then or now. Maybe Rob is going to buy YRC and its other companys.
Yea, that's possible also, but highly unlikely. Either way, some company, some business entity will haul the freight because it is profitable, and they need the drivers to do it. So, in the end, what difference does it make who owns what ?
In the end, you and I are working people and will never understand or know what exactly goes on in the corporate boardrooms of the business world. All we know is we need to work to survive.

You on the other hand seem like your only mission is to insult me.
Not so, only offering my point of view. I was not insulting you or CF. I just remember watching a very strong company run into the ground and how sad it was. I had alot of "cornflake" buddies that believed in their outfit and got a real raw deal.

And your a bible school teacher ?
LOL... I knew that desperate move was coming sooner or later. I thought you did'nt like personal insults. Just because I am a student of the scriptures does not mean I can't have an opinion about the industry that I work in.

By the way you still did'nt answer my question as to why this Estes/yrc deal seems to be such a big deal to you that you would start posting in here fervently.

Not so, only offering my point of view. I was not insulting you or CF. I just remember watching a very strong company run into the ground and how sad it was. I had alot of "cornflake" buddies that believed in their outfit and got a real raw deal.
Yes, we all got a raw deal because most of us gave our life to that company only to close the doors due to poor management. My opinion only !
LOL... I knew that desperate move was coming sooner or later. I thought you did'nt like personal insults. Just because I am a student of the scriptures does not mean I can't have an opinion about the industry that I work in.
Your opinion started with my choice of avatar and the poor choice of my previous employer.
By the way you still did'nt answer my question as to why this Estes/yrc deal seems to be such a big deal to you that you would start posting in here fervently.
I have answered that. It was only to refute what I thought were inaccuracies or statements I felt were incorrect.
Frankly, now this is enough. You may not like me on your forum, but I will continue to answer to any post I feel is wrong, regardless of were it is or on who's forum.
By the way, you are welcome on any YRC, Holland, New Penn forum too. We welcome "outsiders" to comment about anything without feeling threatened.

I am not welcome on the YRC forum, BigR told me to never post there again.

You jugheads come in the non union forums and start crap and it is OK though. See how unfair being organized is. LMAO

By the way, you are welcome on any YRC, Holland, New Penn forum too. We welcome "outsiders" to comment about anything without feeling threatened.

Your kidding right? If you welcome comments from others on those forums you are the minority. Believe me I've looked around over there and never felt free to express myself.

You jugheads come in the non union forums and start crap and it is OK though. See how unfair being organized is. LMAO

Guess you broke the rules about something. Feel free to report me if you think I did the same. All I did was respond to comments concerning the sale of property between Estes and YRC. Others on this forum seem offended by my presence.
I am not a "jughead" as you say, and I didn't start any "crap", I only replied to posts about the above mentioned dealings with Estes and YRC.
If you feel threatened I am not to blame.
And why is it unfair to be organized ? That one escapes me ... you choose not to be, don't you. That's unfair ?

Perhaps if you all feel that threatened, you shouldn't talk about the corporation I work within. Unless I break any rule, which I haven't, then I have the right to post on your forum, or any other.
Sorry you feel threatened by my posts. The truth doesn't hurt, it is only a means to gain knowledge.
Good night !

I do not know for sure but I would guess that Estes is paying CASH for these terminals. That is something YRC could not do then or now. Maybe Rob is going to buy YRC and its other companys.

Unlike our teamster friend here I think that this is a very real possibilty. Only time will tell though.

I would also venture to guess that we DID pay cash for those properties as we are still a debt free company.

It would be nice if you could prove that, however you can't. If you can, please post the links. Facts ... just the facts !

facts is all i do you may not know me
i was a usf dugan driver in kansas city for almost 5 years.
i have more friends i can count at holland and yellow.
i want to see them survive. but it doon't look good.
the facts is what i believe thats why i don't like bullshit on my fourm

YRC Worldwide shares plunge on debt deal details - Yahoo! Finance

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. plunged Tuesday amid a sell-off in the broader market, as investors reacted to the trucking company's announcement that it will pay higher interest rates going forward as part of its deal with creditors.

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
YRCW 2.89 +0.21

{"s" : "yrcw","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""} The stock shed 88 cents, or 21.5 percent, to close at $3.22. The stock has fallen as low as $1.20 in the past year.

Investors initially cheered the agreements with lenders, as it signaled the end of a shaky period for the trucking company in which many analysts questioned its viability. But YRC, one of the nation's largest truckers, said late Friday the deal would be more expensive than originally believed -- costing $42.5 million annually in additional interest payments.

Final post tonight. Let me get this straight, your allowed to post on this forum even though you work for FedEx, but I am not because I work within the YRC corporation ? You don't work for Estes, so what's your reason for being here ?
If you were banned from posting on the YRC forum, you broke the rules, plain and simple. Don't blame it on anything other then that.
Finally, have some respect for everyone here, even if you don't like the company I work for, or my affiliation with an organization you don't like. Name calling and insults only show you can't carry on a civil discussion without throwing insults.

You missed my point again ... it says that Estes leases terminals from YRC. Never say never, that word is absolute and I don't think you know enough about any corporate business dealings within Estes to say that.

if i was sitting on the board of directors. i would down play and make this huge deal ... no big deal. why send the stock to .10 a share ???

also how is it that estes signed lease back agreements with YRCW ?? when its been said that in this forum that YRCW is selling those terminals they will not use, how is it then estes is leasing back those said properties ??

never mind that this is "no big deal" like has been down played. but YRCW is worth less after this sell no matter how you shake it. how will YRCW refinance or barrow against something they don't own anymore ??? that's what you should think about

That's right, so I hope some of the truth you have heard this evening will gain you some knowledge.

And the same for you my trucking Friend. No hard feelings, I only wish that we can live and work as regular people without resorting to fear and the illusion that someone else is better then you or me. We are all the same, working people attempting to survive at the will of the large corporations who control our destiny.

facts is all i do you may not know me
i was a usf dugan driver in kansas city for almost 5 years.
i have more friends i can count at holland and yellow.
i want to see them survive. but it doon't look good.
the facts is what i believe thats why i don't like bullshit on my fourm

YRC Worldwide shares plunge on debt deal details - Yahoo! Finance

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. plunged Tuesday amid a sell-off in the broader market, as investors reacted to the trucking company's announcement that it will pay higher interest rates going forward as part of its deal with creditors.

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
YRCW 2.89 +0.21

{"s" : "yrcw","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""} The stock shed 88 cents, or 21.5 percent, to close at $3.22. The stock has fallen as low as $1.20 in the past year.

Investors initially cheered the agreements with lenders, as it signaled the end of a shaky period for the trucking company in which many analysts questioned its viability. But YRC, one of the nation's largest truckers, said late Friday the deal would be more expensive than originally believed -- costing $42.5 million annually in additional interest payments.

Ya that ain't sounding good for them at all.

i will say this has been an awesome debate and i welcome all here but do not post union talk in a non union fourm. this has nothing to do with being union. or being non union. this is all just company bs:smilie_132: so please don't make this about union thing............ thanks TBB

if i was sitting on the board of directors. i would down play and make this huge deal ... no big deal. why send the stock to .10 a share ???
When did the stock reach .10 a share ? I must have missed that, and it would have been de-listed, if it held that price, on the stock exchange.
also how is it that estes signed lease back agreements with YRCW ?? when its been said that in this forum that YRCW is selling those terminals they will not use, how is it then estes is leasing back those said properties ??
Not all properties are vacated now, some may not be vacated for many years, the long range plan is to vacate up to 200 terminals. YRC operates over 600 facilities as of right now. So far, the first sale was for 33 terminals. This sale with Estes is for another 22. Add it up, that leaves another 150 plus terminals to sell over the course of the next few years.
never mind that this is "no big deal" like has been down played. but YRCW is worth less after this sell no matter how you shake it. how will YRCW refinance or barrow against something they don't own anymore ??? that's what you should think about
What about the other 550 remaining terminals they still have, not to mention rolling stock and other assets ?