XPO | Excuse me did you say no cell phones?

mushroom said:
Well When Yhey Start Paying My Cell Bill Then They Can Tell Me When I Can Use My Cell.
i actually broke down years ago before cell phones were as friendly as they are now. the roaming charges talking to linehaul were over 20 bucks. i turned them in, and they paid them. wasnt actually a breakdown, someone pitched something off a bridge and took out the windshield of the truck. mangaged to keep the set up on its wheels. but thats another story.

phones

wow.. thats a old rule just now hearing about this. i forgot lack of communication is key in this company do not inform all the troops at one time. this would allow drivers to have information and make disicions. :smillie_flag:

Mouse said:
Last night at our monday meeting our atm said as per LGO you are not allowed to use your cell phone during your tour of duty and it cant even be turned on while on Conway property. A few years ago they said we could'nt use them unless we had a handsfree , but now you can"t use the phone which you pay for and is your only link to your family while you're out.I just don't think they realize how much we use that phone for their benefit.Then again Conway would cut off their nose to spite their face. UNBELIEVABLE. RIDICULOUS, STUPID, IDIOTIC, ASSANINE and at this moment I can"t type all things I really want to say. So the next time you get a flat and it takes an hour to contact linehaul just tell them you had to find a pay phone because the brain trust at LGO said you could"nt use your cell. Oh but thats right you can use it for Conways betterment.I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting2: :eck15: :furious: :wtflol: :wtflol:

They are just jerking your chain like they always do, they need to remind you who runs your life while you are at work!!!!

well its sad to see a couple of guys who arent a couple of company sucks being its the place they work ( mushroom, mouse). i think that the cell phone rule is perfect for our business. think about it overnight, ( the pros and cons) and then speak with someone who will speak back without telling you no, no, no, and maybe you to can see t he benefits. there are really no cons in policy 542 which states no cell phone unless used for emergency use. I mean think about it, how would conway think you are burning company time while driving down the raod making 48.5 cents a mile. they care for your saftey not the time. they dont want you using it while working the F A C's or inbound or outbound though. thiink about it if you let 1 man then you have to let them all. but i think its unrealistic to think they have no desire for you to use them when you (NEED ) to.... come on guys help build us not destroy us....

YOUNGBLOOD said:
Not trying to be funny but if your on the road how would they know if you use your cell?

YOUNGBLOOD, based on my experience, They will never know but if a safety man ever happens to be driving by you and see you on the phone or you get in an accident because you were on the phone be prepared for the punishment.

The first thing the company is gonna say is that they told you it was against company rules

deviator said:
this rule has been around for a while ..., I've only seen it inforced at the service center mostly when guys were using their phones while working the dock....or returning from their runs. Kind of hard to enforce when your behind the wheel ......esp at night..., Use your head...., DON'T use your phone on the dock and don't be seen on the phone when you pull back into the terminal.....use the hands free set up .....and don't be a hazard behind the wheel like many motorists are when they are on the phone. Use some common sense and no one from any level will bust your balls when you use YOUR phone.

Great post deviator( you get some greenies for this one). You're right, a little common sense goes a long way

I work in the city(peddle run). I talk on my phone all the time. My terminal manager has caught me twice. He saw me talking when he was driving down the road. I told him I wasnt on my phone and I would never talk on my phone while I was driving, its against policy, then I smile at him. Whats he gonna do. When they tell you its against policy, just smile and agree. Then do what you want to do. We dont have anyway to communicate with dispatch unless we use our personal phone or use a customers phone. And good luck trying to find a pay phone. Conway can bite me. I'll always talk on my phone.

logger1 said:
well its sad to see a couple of guys who arent a couple of company sucks being its the place they work ( mushroom, mouse). i think that the cell phone rule is perfect for our business. think about it overnight, ( the pros and cons) and then speak with someone who will speak back without telling you no, no, no, and maybe you to can see t he benefits. there are really no cons in policy 542 which states no cell phone unless used for emergency use. I mean think about it, how would conway think you are burning company time while driving down the raod making 48.5 cents a mile. they care for your saftey not the time. they dont want you using it while working the F A C's or inbound or outbound though. thiink about it if you let 1 man then you have to let them all. but i think its unrealistic to think they have no desire for you to use them when you (NEED ) to.... come on guys help build us not destroy us....
Next your gonna tell us those sweaty back belts are for our safety. They've been proven not to work, but we still got to wear them.

CFer said:
YOUNGBLOOD, based on my experience, They will never know but if a safety man ever happens to be driving by you and see you on the phone or you get in an accident because you were on the phone be prepared for the punishment.

The first thing the company is gonna say is that they told you it was against company rules
Theres a big waste of company money, the safety mole! Why not cut the waste of a job before they dicked with our pension.

ShakyJake said:
Theres a big waste of company money, the safety mole! Why not cut the waste of a job before they dicked with our pension.

ShakyJake, Don't be so hard on your safety guy. He's only doing his job.

Nobody wants to have to listen to the safety guy but I bet there would be a lot more problems if you didn't have one

Cell Phone Usage

We were told a long time ago NO personal cell phones to be used on Company property (especially on the dock) or while driving down the road. We were told we could pull over and stop to use the phone but not while driving.:TR10driving03: --- Since I was originally told this I have talked to many dispatchers, supervisors, and even the CSE SAFETY COMMITTEE reviewing an accident I was involved in (Snow Not Cell Problem). I told the committee (they were on a speaker phone) that I had to pull over to talk to them. I have not been written up and I still don't have any chargeable accidents.:Banane01: We asked if head sets were ok and we were told that as far as they were concerned it was ok. :headbang: They then told us the same old reply (We will check into this and get back to you.) No final answer was ever given to us.:shrug:

ShakyJake said:
I work in the city(peddle run). I talk on my phone all the time. My terminal manager has caught me twice. He saw me talking when he was driving down the road. I told him I wasnt on my phone and I would never talk on my phone while I was driving, its against policy, then I smile at him. Whats he gonna do. When they tell you its against policy, just smile and agree. Then do what you want to do. We dont have anyway to communicate with dispatch unless we use our personal phone or use a customers phone. And good luck trying to find a pay phone. Conway can bite me. I'll always talk on my phone.
i bet your terminal manager an sale persons talks on there phone while driving .

The policy has been at Central for some time. No personal cell phone use on company time, except for an emergency, such as a breakdown. If you use it for an emergency, you will be reimbused. Phones are to be kept off, and no bluetooths allowed. Since the rule applies to ALL employees (DSR, FOS, SCM, CSR, etc.) it is rarely enforced.

cell phones ..ya right let them try lol

yes they tried that crap here in the usa and other terminals , well they scm tried to stop us from using or cell phones :roll1: but they really just gave up, they may try and write you up , but thier a freedom of speech issue here, it's not like we work for nasa or the nsa , i could thier point then.i use my cell phone to call in espeacilly out in the boonies because their crappy next tels dont work in certain area's , so yaa to verizon . What a lot of drivers did though to get around this was some avreage joe schmuck, figured out how to use the next tel to make personal calls , they the dispatch blocked all 2 way communcation with other drivers i e mobile to moblie, but allowed you to only call dispatch, now they have put tracking devices on the phone:hysterical: to check up on us, this is the crap we have to put up with , well once again the drivers figured out how to disable it, Also if line drivers and use thier c.b. and or thier cell phones while trucking into the night then conway has a seroius double standard, and i am not knocking you line drivers just pointing out a diffrence, so just put your phone on vibrate and let conway eat crap, then answer when u get the first chance, usually right out the gate, :bye1:

DOLLAR BILL said:
i bet your terminal manager an sale persons talks on there phone while driving .

Doesn't it have to be in writing in the company policy book or don't you have to sign a attachment if its not in the policy handbook so it can go in your file that shows you were told and givin a new policy rule to become effective. Just my thought...:tribehasspoken:

My understanding or misunderstanding has always been no cells on the dock, but I have been under thimpression that the Bluetooths while you were driving were ok. I think the problem as one of you put it is that there is not a clear rule it seems to be more one mangers opinion to another.