Estes | Famous Estes dispatch/terminal sayings that are no where near true

We see the "big picture", you don't..Let us do the dispatching..You just find you a dark ramp and take a nap..Beleive it or not a driver was told this..

"You mean that driver isn't there,he should have been there 30 minutes ago",they tell the customer on the phone,just before they give you your manifest..:biglaugh:

Not an E driver,but thats an oldie but goodie..

for city

on phone with customer,, driver will be there in a few minutes, when you are standing in front of him not even hooked yet.

or is on one phone line with you saying go here, and you get to customer and he says dispatcher said you were just down the street. when you were in a completely different town.

or sends you to a customer who has been waiting for three skid pick up and you tell dispatcher you are full. and he says just go by there anyways. then when customer calls mad cause no room. he says driver said he had room.

or dispatcher says dont forget to get your lunch in, at
same time he gives you five pickups closing in next hour.

sounds like they all study from the same 'liars' manual!
1.I don't know who loaded the trl, (20000 down rt side 5ooo down the lf)

2.Tell them you broke down (why your late for appt)

3.THEY are waiting for YOU,its gotta get picked up! Roll up and not a soul is there.

It's not that heavy(385 lb)you don't need a lift gate,although it states liftgate service on the bill.This is what ya do,take some load bars and slide it down to ground,and oh yea, be careful it's high dollar freight.

on phone with customer,, driver will be there in a few minutes, when you are standing in front of him not even hooked yet.

or is on one phone line with you saying go here, and you get to customer and he says dispatcher said you were just down the street. when you were in a completely different town.

or sends you to a customer who has been waiting for three skid pick up and you tell dispatcher you are full. and he says just go by there anyways. then when customer calls mad cause no room. he says driver said he had room.

or dispatcher says dont forget to get your lunch in, at
same time he gives you five pickups closing in next hour.

Not with Estes but I had that to happen.Dispatcher called them He's is pulling out of yard now.The shop was still working on shipment.I got loaded called my office.They called delivery place.Well no one there to unload you.Made them unload me while they were B------ing.

why?,,,,,because that's the way we've alway's done it! and here's my favorite= 'because that's the industry standard!'

We go in there all the time with a 53

i had one of those , had to run over the curb and a bush everytime but you could do it.

told dispatcher i was going to charge accident to him if customer ever complained about killed bush, he thought it was funny.

and another that was always delivered in straight truck, but somehow i could get in there today. had to stop in street and walk it up driveway.

had a house delivery where a guy works out of his house. told me 53's always go in his drive, was a circle drive.
i walked around it could see a fence next to it knocked down asked how did that happen he says oh last truck hit it trying to make the turn.