R&L | Fed-Ex new program....

evinrude

TB Lurker
Credits
fed-ex is starting thier new program that will guarantee service by 1030 am.how can this be done without holding the freight for a day,to deliver the next am?Yrc is also trying something simular to this.What will our response be?Or is this them responding to our GSDS program.

fed-ex is starting thier new program that will guarantee service by 1030 am.how can this be done without holding the freight for a day,to deliver the next am?Yrc is also trying something simular to this.What will our response be?Or is this them responding to our GSDS program.

They need to do something to get more freight. Read their boards some guys barely working. They will all be copying our system soon. No one comes close to us as far as customer service!!!!!!!!

A good source(A Fed EX driver) said he over heard Fred Smith say his dream was for Fed Ex to be just like R&L.

A good source(A Fed EX driver) said he over heard Fred Smith say his dream was for Fed Ex to be just like R&L.

Why would Fred want us to go down hill. R&L does not have the reputation near as good as FX does in my part of the country.
:loser::nutkick::biglaugh:

Id love to work for 1/2 of what I'm getting now
where do I get an app
fedex driver...
R L will never compete with fedex, a whole different class

Fed Ex does want to be like R&L,thats why they bought American and then Watkins. They use to be packages only,but they saw how good we and other LTL companies were doing. As far as the pay-we make just as much if not morre than they do. I guess it depends on where you live. Also we are not listed on the stock market,they were devalued along with everyone else listed on there when the market took a dive. Just hang in there Fed Ex,I'm sure the market will rebound. Maybe there will be something in the stimulus package for you. :}

Id love to work for 1/2 of what I'm getting now
where do I get an app
fedex driver...
R L will never compete with fedex, a whole different class

Your right on that one. We will never be able to work four 10 hour day weeks like Fed-Up. We have to much freight to have drivers sitting home one day a week!!!!!!!!

we only have to buy pallet jacks.handtrucks are optional.I would rather use my own equipment anyway.I know mine are in good shape and easy to use.when you have to use community palllet jacks,most of the time they are beat to hell and hard to use.On many occasions a good pallet jack makes all the difference between a easy day and a horrible day.

Ok Guy's we,ve been down this road before :duh: and it goes nowhere. Why don't we all agree that no matter what Company you work for there are things that SUCK and things that are GREAT . Bottom line there is no such thing as a perfect company to work for only one that has enough good points to out weigh the bad. You have your reasons for working where you do and i have mine so let's move.:smilie_132:

the whole point of me starting this post was to find out how they are can del. before 1030 with out holding freight till the next day.or is this zipcode restricted?

the whole point of me starting this post was to find out how they are can del. before 1030 with out holding freight till the next day.or is this zipcode restricted?
Unfotunatley you'll not get an answer only what you see with the topic getting hijacked and somebody from a different company will always come in here and try to stir the pot.

we only have to buy pallet jacks.handtrucks are optional.I would rather use my own equipment anyway.I know mine are in good shape and easy to use.when you have to use community palllet jacks,most of the time they are beat to hell and hard to use.On many occasions a good pallet jack makes all the difference between a easy day and a horrible day.

It's part of the job requirement. No big deal, the mechanics have to provide 30,40 or even 50 thousand in tools. We have to buy a $300 PJ.

It's part of the job requirement. No big deal, the mechanics have to provide 30,40 or even 50 thousand in tools. We have to buy a $300 PJ.

And since its your pallet jack,you take care of it.I am still using the same one I got 5 yrs ago when I started.It still works good and I always know its gonna be where I chain it up,not on another drivers truck because he decided he needs it more than I do.