R&L | Fed-Ex new program....

For a 75.00 fee you can have your freight delivered by 10:30am on the day it would have normally been delivered. This excludes expedited freight.

Groovy, did I get that explanation right? I was really going off memory from the one time I heard it explained. I'm in linehaul so we don't get much info on these types of products.

It always amazes me...

how LTL whether union or non-union are treated like crap by the shippers and receivers when it comes to package deliveries.....about 2 yrs ago I was unloading at a shipper and I had 10 skids and had an appted stop in front of this...he took off a few then package came in and he said I will be back......after 5 min I was going to get in my truck and leave, he said where you going you can't leave I don't have my freight off yet.....I said exactly see you in a few minutes.....
I had to bust my butt the rest of the day working around thoses skids but I never went back that day.....next day I went back and he gave me crap about leaving I told him that other company was no more important than my company. If he did that to me again I would do the same thing....he called my dispatcher and he backed me up and said the same thing....
The point with all this was when someone wants something by 1030 am if you get held up who's fault is it the company's, mine or the receiver.....I don't knwo about you guys but I have found out over the year the recievers are usually punk kids with no clue about how things work in LTL.....so you have to train them, sometimes the hard way:nutkick:

how LTL whether union or non-union are treated like crap by the shippers and receivers when it comes to package deliveries.....about 2 yrs ago I was unloading at a shipper and I had 10 skids and had an appted stop in front of this...he took off a few then package came in and he said I will be back......after 5 min I was going to get in my truck and leave, he said where you going you can't leave I don't have my freight off yet.....I said exactly see you in a few minutes.....
I had to bust my butt the rest of the day working around thoses skids but I never went back that day.....next day I went back and he gave me crap about leaving I told him that other company was no more important than my company. If he did that to me again I would do the same thing....he called my dispatcher and he backed me up and said the same thing....
The point with all this was when someone wants something by 1030 am if you get held up who's fault is it the company's, mine or the receiver.....I don't knwo about you guys but I have found out over the year the recievers are usually punk kids with no clue about how things work in LTL.....so you have to train them, sometimes the hard way:nutkick:

i had a similar thing happen today. i went to a stop aobut a week ago i sat back at the back door try to get somebody back there to open up went around to the front door deliver my 8 little boxes and left. well i went there today and istead of ging to the bac i went to the front and a guy come out and said all deliverys go to the back. i told him last time i was there i wait and got no answer brought it to the the front and theytook it with no problem. he said that i need to go to the back i ask him do you make ups do the same. of couarse he was no i said exactly i said just because i have 18 wheels does not mean that my time is not as senstive as ups he gave his cdell phone number and said to call him and i wont hqave to wait and he was sorry he didnt relize that our time was that senstive